Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5869

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    Backup your profiles ppl!
    Even better, backup everything and use disk encryption, then you won't have to worry about System Restore, ransomware or this guy.

"I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Seems like work is blocking my OpenVPN server. Any chance I can somehow get through it anyway? Like changing ports and maybe change it to TCP rather than UDP?
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Seems like work is blocking my OpenVPN server. Any chance I can somehow get through it anyway? Like changing ports and maybe change it to TCP rather than UDP?
    Short answer: try TCP on port 443.

Long answer: OpenVPN is based on the TLS protocol, and while there are several differences between them that enable it to be detected and blocked, using TCP and port 443 for the tunnel can get through a lot of firewalls. Note that using TCP to encapsulate TCP is undesirable because it can lead to a meltdown effect, but in practice this downside ranges from acceptable to unnoticeable.

If it still doesn't work, you can try using stunnel with a null cipher for the OpenVPN data channel (since stunnel will take care of encryption instead). This will make it look exactly like "real" TLS and has much higher chances of working, but requires a special setup on both client and server.

I would suggest using UDP on ports 53 or 123, but that's unlikely to work these days.
    Thanks

I can't use stunnel because the server is actually my router. It comes with PPTP and OpenVPN support.
    Since work blocks spotify for no obvious reason, I wanted to VPN home. It also allows me to use SMSS to connect to azure instead of having to use the portal. (also blocked)

Plan B is to use my phone to tether. It seems like they don't block it on your phone. Changing browser agent doesn't help.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Massive blackout yesterday, the vast majority of Argentina and Uruguay had no electricity from 7 AM onwards due to a failure in the national distribution system. I am told Brazil, Peru and Colombia were also affected, although to a much lesser degree.

Since there were elections in some provinces, the conspiracy theories sprung out quickly, even though the elections weren't canceled and a rainy Sunday morning is probably the least awful time slot for a nationwide power failure

Well, everything's back to normal now.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    Does anyone know how security cameras over wifi work? I'm seriously thinking buying one or two and put them on house because of my idiot neighbors. But I don't know how they're filming. Do you need like a really big sd card or does it all store on cloud or what? Anyone has any idea?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    You can record to "the cloud", to a hard drive on your local network (Western Digital's Purple line is designed specifically for this), or nowhere, if you just want to have a live stream on demand. My dad installed one like that on 2007 at my old home after a fake mailman entered our apartment building and tried to rob us, thankfully we didn't let him in...

Note that wireless cameras have "okay" transmission power (and in some European countries are limited to as little as 10 mW by law), and most Wi-Fi equipment is easy to DoS with off-the-shelf hardware (see https://github.com/DanMcInerney/wifijammer), so if your security requirements are high you should use a wired one instead.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (24.06.19)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    So when you say wired, you mean direct connection to my pc?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    Not to your computer per se, but to your local network. Wired cameras have an Ethernet port (or adapter) just like a computer. Just plug that to your router and find the camera's IP address, then you can configure it from a browser.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

cloud99 (27.06.19) , yoco (24.06.19)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    I just noticed seba14's blog no longer exists (although it was already abandoned for a few years).

Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Sazzy (07.07.19) , yoco (01.07.19)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    I have 32gb usb key SanDisk. Every time I try to copy any files on it I get this message?

Do you think the key is dead?
    Thanks

I've stopped buying sandisk when all their sticks I've owned have died within a month or two. I don't expect a usb stick to be super reliable, but becoming unusable in that time is just.. ugh!

Try running a repair on it, but this is often a signal it's died or at least dying.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39386
    After I had a flash drive die for the fourth time (all of them Kingston DataTraveler), I switched to using an SD card and card reader combo. That way, if the latter dies, it doesn't take your data with it.
    Thanks

do you have an sd card with decent speeds? don't need to be usb 3 but yeah
    i've not had issues with sd cards so far so that's not a bad plan. I kind of want to hook up an sd card to my routers usb as a drive i can put stuff on when im on the vpn and away from home
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7977
    I just might have fixed my issue. I uninstalled usb key in Device Manager, and I added a registry value I found on google. Managed to copy two over 5gb big files, no problem.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 294 of 392 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344 ... LastLast