P2P Client
    legal, illegal, scheißegal
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437

the third Vision of Google Chrome / V30. Oktober 2008, 18:18 Uhr

Google bringt dritte Beta von Chrome / The third version of Google Chrome

Google hat die dritte Betaversion seines Browsers Chrome zum Download bereitgestellt. Mit der neuen Version haben die Entwickler vor allem Fehler behoben und die Performance von Plug-ins wie Flash, Silverlight, Quicktime und Windows Media verbessert.
    Google bringt dritte Beta von Chrome - Software | ZDNet.de News

"Jeder Nutzer erhält das Update automatisch im Laufe der nächsten Tage", erklärt der zuständige Manager Mark Larson. Über den Eintrag "Info zu Google Chrome" im Einstellungsmenu könne der Browser jederzeit auch manuell aktualisiert werden.

Chrome 03.3.154.9 behebt auch eine Sicherheitslücke, die die Manipulation einer URL in Pop-up-Fenstern ermöglicht. "Durch diesen Fehler können Anwender über die wahre Herkunft einer Website getäuscht werden, um ihnen persönliche Daten zu entlocken", so Larsen. Zudem lädt der Browser ausführbare Dateien nur noch nach einer Rückbestätigung durch den Anwender aus dem Internet herunter. "Nicht bestätigte Downloads werden automatisch gelöscht, wenn der Nutzer Chrome beendet."

Auch die dritte Beta von Chrome läuft nur unter Windows XP und Windows Vista. Google arbeitet nach eigenen Angaben weiterhin an Versionen für Linux und Mac OS X.
    best regarts Snitlev

Wer versucht zu rennen, bevor er laufen kann, kommt meistens zu Fall

stop animal experiments, take child molesters - they like pain!

Besser man bereut was man getan hat, anstatt zu bereuen das man es unterlassen hat
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

vDD+wR (31.10.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    The second paragraph says :

"Each user receives the update automatically over the next few days," explains the competent manager Mark Larson. On the "About Google Chrome" in the browser Preferences can always manually updated.

Chrome 03.3.154.9 also fixes a vulnerability, the manipulation of a URL in pop-up windows allows. "This flaw allows users about the true origin of a site be misled in order to elicit personal data," said Larsen. Moreover, the browser loads executable files only after a confirmation by the user from the Internet. "Not confirmed downloads are automatically deleted when users Chrome finished."

The third beta of Chrome only runs under Windows XP and Windows Vista. Google operates according to its own data,therefore,developments are going under to provide a future versions for Linux and Mac OS X.

LOL,I don't know why I kinda feel they confirm it on every announcement they make but still they don't want to admit it ! Just take a look at their words man,heh.... the exact part that pisses me off is :

"This flaw allows users about the true origin of a site be misled in order to elicit personal data" Google Brags....

Aurion answers.... "WTF ! Why in the Black mom's stinky p**sy you keep that hole already ?!"
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss5
    i've heard that chrome has serious privacy issues.si o will stick to firefox
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    Dev Release: 0.4.154.18
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 | 15:21
    Labels:
    Dev updates

Google Chrome 0.4.154.18 has been released to the Dev channel ONLY. This release introduces a couple of new features (and, as always, fixes a few bugs).

About the Dev Channel
    The Dev channel lets you test the latest fixes and get access to new features as they're being developed. You can learn more about the Dev channel and how to subscribe here: http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel/

Reminder: please file (or update existing) issues at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues

New Features

• Bookmark manager with import/export.
      Use the 'Customize and control Google Chrome' (wrench) menu to open the Bookmark manager. You can search bookmarks, create folders, and drag and drop bookmarks to new locations. The Bookmark Manager's Tools menu lets you export or import bookmarks.

• Privacy section in Options.
      We grouped together all of the configuration options for features that might send data to another service. Open the wrench menu, click Options, and select the Under the Hood tab.

• New blocked pop-up notification.
      The pop-up blocker formerly just minimized pop-up windows to the lower right corner of the browser window, create one 'constrained' window for each pop-up. Now, Google Chrome displays one small notification in the corner that shows the number of blocked pop-ups. A menu on the notification lets you open a specific pop-up, if needed.

Known Issues

• Sites that use Gears to synchronize offline data may occasionally hang. You should disable offline access for sites until a fix is released. (We're working on it and hope to have the update later this week.)

Security Issues
    • This release fixes an issue with downloaded HTML files being able to read other files on your computer and send them to sites on the Internet. We now prevent local files from connectin to the network with XMLHttpRequest() and also prompt you to confirm a download if it is an HTML file.
      Severity: Moderate. If a user could be enticed to open a downloaded HTML file, this flaw could be exploited to send arbitrary files to an attacker.

For more details on what's changed and what issues are fixed, see the detailed release notes at http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel/release-notes

--Mark Larson, Google Chrome Program Manager
    @Aurion: I'm sure it's because they didn't know about the bug until it was found

@Ellesime: I'm keeping my current browser (Opera) too, although I've been having problems with my session at SB-I (it logs out every 2 minutes even after ticking "remember me") with the latest version. I could confirm this issue with another user so I hope the Opera team fixes it soon... In the meantime I have been using FF3 to browse the board at home (until my ISP disconnected me ). It worked perfectly
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

vDD+wR (14.11.08)

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    hey guys

. In the meantime I have been using FF3 to browse the board at home (until my ISP disconnected me ). It worked perfectly
    but i hope you wont switch over completely remember the good time you had/ will have with opera

greetz
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    Hi vDD+wR!

Quote Originally Posted by vDD+wR View Post
    but i hope you wont switch over completely remember the good time you had/ will have with opera
    Heh, of course not. I couldn't drop Opera even if I wanted But dual-wielding browsers is cool (partly because my PC can take the resource usage hit ), and there's a lot about Firefox I don't know (tips, tweaks, good addons), so it's a good opportunity to learn something new.

Also, if FF lets me browse SB-I at all while Opera can't at the moment, that's a big advantage.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    Heh, of course not. I couldn't drop Opera even if I wanted
    Also, if FF lets me browse SB-I at all while Opera can't at the moment, that's a big advantage.
    Good boy! But is this an Opera-related problem or does this something have to do with the SB-I board confiuration?

News Update

Google may pre-install Chrome browser

Google is investigating deals with major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to get its Chrome browser preinstalled on new computers.
    The source: Google may pre-install Chrome browser - vnunet.com
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

anon (21.11.08)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    Quote Originally Posted by vDD+wR View Post
    Good boy! But is this an Opera-related problem or does this something have to do with the SB-I board confiuration?
    It's definitely an Opera-related problem, or else I wouldn't have it when using Firefox

Regarding Google preinstalling Chrome on new computers... I think they want to get the market share IE achieved doing the same, but it's a bit too late
    Thanks

VIP
    P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437
    Hi, @anon I hope you're good my friend, I don't know what this is but you are knew? Issue 4440 - chromium - Google Code

Bye and have a nice weekend ;-)

Besser man bereut was man getan hat, anstatt zu bereuen das man es unterlassen hat
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

anon (22.11.08)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    Hi Snitlev!

No, I didn't know about that bug. Thanks for posting it here. I guess Google doesn't want you to "go back"

Issue 4440: Tab disappears after switching tabs, hitting Back button

0.4.154.19 (Official Build 5442)

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Open New Tab.
    2. Open another New Tab.
    3. Navigate to page, e.g. http://www.google.com in 2nd tab.
    4. Switch to 1st tab.
    5. Switch back to 2nd tab.
    6. Hit Back button.

Second tab disappears.
    Enjoy your weekend, too!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss20
    i just start using this software and i love it
    Thanks

VIP
    P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437

Exclamation Neue Chrome-Beta mit Bookmarkverwaltung

Google schließt Sicherheitslücke in seinem Browser

Mit Chrome 0.4.154.25 steht eine neue Betaversion von Googles Browser zum Download bereit. Wesentliche Neuerung ist die neu eingeführte Bookmarkverwaltung, die Chrome bislang fehlte. Zudem schließt Google eine Sicherheitslücke.
    Quelle: Neue Chrome-Beta mit Bookmarkverwaltung - Golem.de

sorry, it's german Site

Download : Google Chrome - Laden Sie einen neuen Browser herunter

in English: Download Google Chrome 0.4.154.25 Beta - FileHippo.com

Search and ad giant Google has just let loose a new official beta version of the Chrome browser. Coming with a lot of things introduced in the Dev channel-released 0.4.154.18 version, Chrome 0.4.154.25 includes
    Quelle: TechConnect Magazine - Google rolls out Chrome 0.4.154.25

I hope it's ok

Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

vDD+wR (25.11.08) , anon (25.11.08)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    An official beta release is out:
    Beta release: 0.4.154.29
    Monday, December 1, 2008 | 13:31
    Labels:
    Beta updates

Google Chrome 0.4.154.29 has been released and all users will get automatically updated over the next 48 hours.

This release upgrades Gears to 0.5.4.2 to address a security issue with Gears 0.5.4.0 and earlier versions:

• Gears Cross-Origin Worker Vulnerability
      CVE: CVE-2008-5258
      A vulnerability in Gears could allow an attacker to run code in the context of a site that serves user-controlled files. To exploit this, an attacker needs to upload a malicious file to the victim's site and convince the user to allow the attacker's site to use Gears.

Severity: High. Even though this requires convincing users to allow a third-party site to use Gears, it could allow data theft and cross-site scripting on sites hosting user-created content, even those that do not use Gears.
      Credit: Thanks to Yair Amit, Senior Security Researcher, IBM Rational Application Security Research Team for responsibly reporting the issue to Google.

This release also contains a fix to stop crashes while dragging tabs on computers running Windows Vista.
    This is the latest dev release:
    Dev release: 0.4.154.31
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 | 21:21
    Labels:
    Dev updates

Google Chrome 0.4.154.31 has been released to the Dev channel only. This is a bugfix-only release. There are no new features.

See http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel for information about subscribing to the Google Chrome Dev channel.

Please file (or update existing) issues at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues.

Bugs Fixed
    • Fixes several browser crashes.
    • Fixes trackpad scrolling on more laptops.
    • Fix Sogou Pinyin Chinese input method editor (IME) skipping the first letter typed.

The complete list of fixes is in the detailed release notes.

--Mark Larson, Google Chrome Program Manager
    0.4.154.22, 0.4.154.23 and 0.4.154.25 have also been published since 0.4.154.18, but you can always go to the Google Chrome Releases blog to check their changelogs.
    Thanks

VIP
    P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437

Google Chrome's Out of Beta. Now What?

While other products are in beta for years, Google has turned Chrome into a final product in months. What does it have up its sleeve?

Just three months after the release of Chrome, Google is following through on its vow to remove the "beta" label from its upstart browser -- making it a rare final product from a company notorious for its seemingly endless beta cycles.

Since its inception, Chrome has served as a test bed for new browser technologies, such as security models, Web standards support and transfer protocols -- experiments that Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) has said it hadn't wanted to attempt in connection with other, established open source efforts, like Mozilla Firefox. The company has issued 14 updates to its browser, almost at a rate of one per week since its release.
    Quelle: InternetNews Realtime IT News - Google Chrome's Out of Beta. Now What?

Download: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Google-..._32709574.html
    Last edited by Snitlev; 12.12.08 at 02:16. Reason: Download-Link

Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

anon (12.12.08)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    So, v1.0 is finally out! I guess it's time to change this thread's name, then

Will try it out soon. An Iron build should be available shortly, I think, to keep up with Chrome's popularity
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast