Closed Thread
Page 23 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating on What.cd ?

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    @firedup_85: make sure you don't use the "don't send completed flag" option.

Step 3: Uploading 5 torrents. For some cheaters this is a hard step, as we aren't usually contributers, but nonetheless, if the situation calls for it. Anyway, get out your CD collection, and your dad's, and your mum's and you brother's as well as your granny's cat's. Then just check for CDs which aren't already on What.CD. Remember you can upload multiple torrents of the same album; if it's in MP3 320, then upload it in MP3 V2. They have guides in the Wiki to show you how to rip music.
    Do all of them have to be albums? Can't you upload apps/etc. that aren't there already?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss25
    Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    Becoming a Power User isn't as hard as it seems.

Step 1: Wait 4 weeks. In the mean time:

Step 2: Cheat 25+GB. I prefer to use the Azureus Extreme Mod (no spoofing though) at speed under <70kBps, and download limit of 8-12 kBps.

Step 3: Uploading 5 torrents. For some cheaters this is a hard step, as we aren't usually contributers, but nonetheless, if the situation calls for it. Anyway, get out your CD collection, and your dad's, and your mum's and you brother's as well as your granny's cat's. Then just check for CDs which aren't already on What.CD. Remember you can upload multiple torrents of the same album; if it's in MP3 320, then upload it in MP3 V2. They have guides in the Wiki to show you how to rip music.

Then you should be Power User.
    Thanks for replying!

My account is already more than 2 weeks old and I have only uploaded 10Gb, I use extremely low speeds (5kb - 30kb) on well leeched torrent using Azeurus Extreme Mod...I'm getting bored. lol. Also, I've uploaded more than 5 torrents.

I still have some questions:

Is it okay if I cheated on the Rosetta Stone Mega-language torrent? I read the warning "DO NOT download this torrent in an attempt to build ratio!", which made me avoid cheating using it.

What's the ratio limit that I should be using for each torrent?

what did you mean by "download limit of 8-12 Kbps"?

When you said I can download at a speed under 70Kbps, is it okay to do so on only one torrent or should it be the sum of different torrents speeds?

~Everyone is welcome to answer these questions.

Anon: I'm not using that option. What is it for anyways?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent / Azureus / kTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss531
    I avoid the Rosetta package... to many cheaters, and probably very watched. I prefer to cheat on multiple Pimsleur torrents as they are smaller in size, and have an equal amount of leechers and seeders. But obviously that's my opinion; With any Azureus Mod (be it Shu, or Hack by DDj or Extreme) you should be safe on that torrent.

Personally I go for a ratio fo 2 to 3 per torrent that I cheat on; it gives a decent amountof upload without seeming too suspicious.

I usually set a download limit on any torrents that I'm cheating on, so as not to download at my full 4mbit. I right click a torrent > advanced > set download speed, and choose a speed between 8 and 12.

In concerns to the 70kBps, I meant that I fake upload at speeds under 70kBps, but it's my fault for not being clear about it. YOu can download at whatever internet package you signed up to or whatever thae swarm speed is.

Sorry I didn't see your post anon.
    Do all of them have to be albums? Can't you upload apps/etc. that aren't there already?
    Very good point. You can also upload applications, but, I personally, do not know the rules about ULing appz. You can upload Music, Applications, E-Books, Audiobooks, E-Learning Videos, Comedy,and Comics. I just used albums as that is generally what is uploaded the most, though perhaps not the most HDD space concious.
    Last edited by splicer; 24.04.09 at 16:50.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

firedup_85 (24.04.09) , anon (24.04.09)

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss105
    Quote Originally Posted by firedup_85 View Post
    I still have some questions:

Is it okay if I cheated on the Rosetta Stone Mega-language torrent? I read the warning "DO NOT download this torrent in an attempt to build ratio!", which made me avoid cheating using it.
    I have faked upload using this torrent, no problem. For extra peace of mind partial download from demonoid or elsewhere and seed back via speed++ mode.

Up to you but dont go overboard, I suggest around 1.5 to 2 with 3 max

Don't know either!

When you said I can download at a speed under 70Kbps, is it okay to do so on only one torrent or should it be the sum of different torrents speeds?
    Can do it on one, but spread over 5 torrents is less suspicious!

Also suggest actually downloading content, nothing worse than having xxMB d/l and xxGB u/l with high ratio, looks suspect

If you can't or don't want to upload music files, partial download new comic packs and seed (fake upload) as you go. Build your upload base of 5 or 6 partial torrents @ 15 - 20kB/s looks less suspect than 1 torrent at 75 - 120kB/s and fake upload safely to PU

Last edited by mike; 24.04.09 at 16:54.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

firedup_85 (24.04.09)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    While it works for me to jump on that or any other pack (Pimsleur, Minutemen, DCP) as a seeder, some people have been banned for using it.

When I need to get my ratio up, I jump as a seeder on the What.cd Windows Toolbox (freeleech, download it first) with the RatioMaster, and upload at 90-100kB/s. Even though most of its leechers are actually partial seeders, it works wonders for me as well.

I'd say 1.0-1.5, but you can go higher if there are enough real leechers. Just make sure you don't get past 3.0, I consider this a hard limit when faking.

He meant limiting your download speed in Azureus, just as I thought

Same here, but splicer meant fake upload speed. I do this too; always keep my overall fake upload under 100kB/s.

Anon: I'm not using that option. What is it for anyways?
    It prevents some trackers from tracing your Hit & Runs at the cost of torrents not appearing in your snatchlist (suspicious). What doesn't care about HnR's, so you won't do but draw attention with 0 snatches.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

firedup_85 (24.04.09)

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2070
    anon, which client emulation do you use at what.cd in your RM?
    Last edited by alpacino; 24.04.09 at 22:57.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Latest uTorrent 1.8.2 build.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (25.04.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    If I download a torrent that has no leeches, what should I do regarding the ratio? I heard that they're cracking down on hit & runs.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2070
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickbutt View Post
    If I download a torrent that has no leeches, what should I do regarding the ratio? I heard that they're cracking down on hit & runs.
    I don't have account there, but I heard anon saying several times they don't care about hit n runs. But if you still don't wanna be hit n run filtered, keep the torrent running inside your real client without cheating, obviously. Or use RM with all correct settings, at 100% done and set upload speed to 0 kB/s. If you are unsure don't use RM, just let the client force seeding alone, you'll be safe.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    Can someone who does have an account there answer my question, please? I can't simply go on hearsay.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2070
    I don't think I like your tone mister. LOL, anyway sorry for trying to actually help you with some advices. If I am telling you this, even though I don't have account there, is because I have read many others posts of users from there saying these hints worked for them.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent / Azureus / kTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss531
    Stickbutt, be appreciative of any advice given to you; it's free and if you don't want to take it then you have in no way been disadvantaged. If you really want someone who does have an account there to inform you then state so in your first post, or do so with kindness in mind. I trust alpacino's word.

Anyway, I have an account there so let me inform you. I have never encountered staff warning myself, nor anyone else, for hit and runs. Though there is nothing stopping them. Torrents with no leechers are a pain, but they have to be there. The best you can do is keep seeding them honestly, or seed them for 3 days, and then stop. If in that period no one grabs them, then no one grabs them. If Staff come a nocking, then indicate to them that you have made an attempt to seed them. If they ask you to seed the torrent continuously then do so.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (26.04.09)

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1761
    Stickbutt

Tracker Staff member suspect

Last edited by DarkSaibot v.1.3.10; 25.04.09 at 16:20.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickbutt View Post
    I do have an account there, and as far as I know they still don't care about Hit & Runs.

Whether alpacino took that tip from someone that has an acc there without having one himself doesn't make it less valid. Should they start caring about HnRs, just do what splicer said.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss52
    my account is disabled

I was fake leeching {not seeding} , how it's possible they caught me
    on a shitty speed DL : 38 , UL : 12 .

How is that possible ?
    Thanks

Closed Thread