Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leecherslair?!!?

P2P Client
    uTorrent / Azureus / kTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss531
    Wasn't it's future in jeopardy anyway? It couldn't raise the funds to pay for servers if I remember correctly, so ultimately it was going to go down some time in the near future; this just comes as more of a surprise.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39516
    Quote Originally Posted by CatalysTim View Post
    Did someone mention Malaysia?
    Yes, that's where it was hosted.

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    Wasn't it's future in jeopardy anyway? It couldn't raise the funds to pay for servers if I remember correctly...
    Yes, you're right, and at first I thought they could have gone down because of not being able to cope with server costs indeed.

I hope it gets relaunched on another country but to be honest I doubt that will happen.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336
    From Filenetworks Blog

You are probably tired of hearing about trackers being shut down because that’s been happening a lot lately. LeechersLair, a large General/0Day tracker that was featured on FILEnetworks Blog several times, too was forced offline by the Malaysian government due to possible copyright infringement (at the time of shut down, LL was hosted by Shinjiru, a hosted based in Malaysia). However, we learn that this will not be the end of LeechersLair – tracker staff are determined to bring the site back online, even if it meant moving to a host in a different country.
    Nice !
    Last edited by anonftw; 23.04.09 at 05:57.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

Dynamic (23.04.09)

P2P Client
    SB-I
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss267
    That is great! I was actually enjoying them before they were closed. They are not as big as TL but it seemed to have all the files.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss50
    Still down :((( , i wonder what happend whit LL, i hope that will start again
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336
    More News ..
    Message received from leecherslair.com on 2009-04-23 00:25:18 GMT.--------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi everyone As most of you will be aware by now leecherslair is currently offline due to us being taken down by the Malaysian government. You can read more on the link below. Government Shuts Down BitTorrent Tracker | TorrentFreak

We are hoping that the server will be released back to us sometime tomorrow but we cannot be certain of that. One thing I will say is that we will not be staying with this hosting company and I am at this very moment looking for another host. Do not listen to any rumours about LL, we are not closing down and I hope that we can get the site back up as soon as possible.

I am sending this email out to all members via a backup which I have loaded onto another server. I do have a test server which some members are hanging out on as it has a shoutbox and we can also keep members up to date with what is happening. If you want to join us then click the link below, you will need to register as it has nothing to do with the main site at all. http://ks368582.kimsufi.com/index.php

Alternately you can register an account with our forums to also keep up to date with the goings on on the following link: The Lair Forums

Any member that is worried about this situation there's no need as I have removed all logs from the server as well as all snatch lists. So there is nothing for the Malaysian government to gain from it. I will keep you all updated one way or another and I can assure you that the Lair WILL be back

Merlin
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

anon (23.04.09)

P2P Client
    uTorrent / Azureus / kTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss531
    You are probably tired of hearing about trackers being shut down because that’s been happening a lot lately. LeechersLair, a large General/0Day tracker that was featured on FILEnetworks Blog several times, too was forced offline by the Malaysian government due to possible copyright infringement (at the time of shut down, LL was hosted by Shinjiru, a hosted based in Malaysia). However, we learn that this will not be the end of LeechersLair – tracker staff are determined to bring the site back online, even if it meant moving to a host in a different country.
    FILEnetworks Blog: LeechersLair down but will return soon

Hopefully this may give members a taste of not having LL, and may spur them to make donations.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

anon (23.04.09)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39516
    I can assure you that the Lair WILL be back
    Great to hear that! For a moment I thought the tracker would go down forever...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss105
    I hope they get hosting elsewhere this is a great tracker.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 sssss2070
    They will be back:
    Message received from leecherslair.com on 2009-04-23 00:33:53 GMT.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone

As most of you will be aware by now leecherslair is currently offline due to us being taken down by the Malaysian government. You can read more on the link below.

Government Shuts Down BitTorrent Tracker | TorrentFreak

We are hoping that the server will be released back to us sometime tomorrow but we cannot be certain of that. One thing I will say is that we will not be staying with this hosting company and I am at this very moment looking for another host.

Do not listen to any rumours about LL, we are not closing down and I hope that we can get the site back up as soon as possible. I am sending this email out to all members via a backup which I have loaded onto another server. I do have a test server which some members are hanging out on as it has a shoutbox and we can also keep members up to date with what is happening. If you want to join us then click the link below, you will need to register as it has nothing to do with the main site at all.

http://ks368582.kimsufi.com/index.php

Alternately you can register an account with our forums to also keep up to date with the goings on on the following link:

The Lair Forums

Any member that is worried about this situation there's no need as I have removed all logs from the server as well as all snatch lists. So there is nothing for the Malaysian government to gain from it.

I will keep you all updated one way or another and I can assure you that the Lair WILL be back :)

Merlin

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Leecherslair.com
    Source: my inbox
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39516
    LL is back!

New server should be ready Monday and with a different name

Domain name Leecherslair.com will soon cease to exist. We will be reborn lol
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

Se7Ven (25.04.09) , anonftw (24.04.09) , Dynamic (24.04.09)

P2P Client
    SB-I
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss267
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    LL is back!
    Good, now we have to redo our ratio buffer!

I hope the script is as easy.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39516
    Even the PMR worked with their old scripts...

By the way, I now get HTTP 404 when trying to access the tracker. Hopefully this means they're moving to their new domain.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss86
    LL is back?

i still get 404 error page....
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39516
    It was back (but with no torrents, no stats, etc.) when I made that post, but now I get HTTP 404 as well.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast