Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1308

Lockdown resigns from FunFile

right on the homepage at funfile.org:

L0ckdown resigning
    Posted Apr-10-09 by l0ckd0wn

Today is a new day for funfile. from the very first moment almost 3 years ago i stood before my PC proud at what i had built with less than 10 members. As funfile grew the love for my child grew stronger and stronger. Once we were a super power in the scene a site users would beg for invites. I am ashamed of what i have done to funfile and i feel i failed my child when it needed me the most. I have decided that my once small child has now grown to a strong community and has matured past my ability to lead this site.

From now on i will leave funfile in the trusted hands of ShipSlut and the asistance of pb1dft who will take control of funfile as of now. This is the only way i feel i can repay this site my pride and joy even if what i do in life from now on means nothing i can still look back at this massive community that i created and smile. Shipslut is the most trusting person i know she will lead this site into the future.

I wish every user of this great community the best of luck.

Regards
    l0ckd0wn
    The Founder
    Funfile.org
    seems a little dramatic if u ask me. i dont use this tracker but i've been hearing bad stuff about FF recently (including the ridiculous "server costs"), so it seems to me like this might be a good choice by him.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

I think pretome is killing funfile
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2071
    I really hope they don't go down, I like this tracker.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent / Azureus / kTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss531
    I enjoyed my days at this tracker. It was one of my first, and when I had a lower speed it was perfect for me, but IMO, it was doomed to fail. The only PMs I ever got were from the admin asking for money; if he can't even pay for 1/3 of the bill, then why should he even attempt to run the site? Tough economical times.

I remember the "once in a life time VIP chance with CDN" donation requests, which then happened two months later, and then the CDN never happened. Not that I donated to there though.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39540
    @shawshankraj: 1. moved to the Filesharing News section, and 2. you posted this twice! Dupe thread deleted.

@Topic: at least the tracker itself won't go down (for now). Even though I don't really use FunFile, it always makes me sad to hear an important member of a community steps down.

@splicer: I remember the CDN fiasco as well. That probably totally took away the desire of people that hadn't donated yet to do so.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread