+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Police Threats Close Many BitTorrent Sites

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39730

Police Threats Close Many BitTorrent Sites

Yesterday we reported on the plight of RARBG, a large tracker forced to close by anti-piracy outfit, BREIN. Now it appears that this is just the tip of the iceberg. A whole raft of trackers are being forced to close or relocate following police action, including ArenaBG and several other large sites.
    Police Threats Close Many BitTorrent Sites | TorrentFreak

In total ArenaBG, AvatarBG and MastersTB had to close down. The first two can still be reached at 0.arenabg.com and avatar-bg.org, respectively. P2PBG was ordered to stop tracking torrents.

Torrent-BG, WordBG and Zarta.org have been set to disappear.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Anon: I never heard of some of those site like avatar-bg.org and mastersTB. Those must be pip-squick trackers, either that or they are mildly sized from where-ever they are set.

I am of the opinion that larger, more well known sites keep secret their server info as well as other pertinent information re: their site a secret so as to prevent authorities from discovering them and their exact where-abouts.

I am sure that there are some exceptions of course, Though I am really curious to know why the cops went after these small potatoes instead.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39730
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Anon: I never heard of some of those site like avatar-bg.org and mastersTB. Those must be pip-squick trackers, either that or they are mildly sized from where-ever they are set.
    Me neither, but it seems they were quite popular in Bulgaria.

I am of the opinion that larger, more well known sites keep secret their server info as well as other pertinent information re: their site a secret so as to prevent authorities from discovering them and their exact where-abouts.
    I'm sure they do. But as long as a tracker is up, it's possible for the cops to take it down, it seems. Just look at OiNK; the biggest music tracker at the time, but was taken down, and its uploaders are now caught in a cycle that just seems to loop over and over...

I am sure that there are some exceptions of course, Though I am really curious to know why the cops went after these small potatoes instead.
    Most likely because they were the closest ones
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread