Thread: Piracy Hurts Open Source Also!

P2P Client
    μTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss119

Piracy Hurts Open Source Also!

No, this article doesn't write about companies stealing source code from open source projects.
    Adobe’s products are a good example, especially their Photoshop program. If you look in a newspaper for job advertisements in the field of graphic design, illustrations, logos, or anything of the like, you’re likely to have seen that an employee must be familiar with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator. When I was a student of TAFE in Australia, the programs we were using were Adobe programs, and with good reason; Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash… these are all industry standard programs. So even if something better becomes available, people will still be using Adobe, because it’s the industry’s standard. Most of my student friends were using pirated versions of Photoshop at home because they couldn’t afford the real thing, and because it was what they were learning to use in class. I showed a few of them the benefits of using GIMP instead, and the response was total rejection of GIMP. It was unfamiliar, it had no perceived benefits over Photoshop, and most of all, it wasn’t even any cheaper than a pirated version of Photoshop.

You can sum it up with:
    The lesson is, that even if you haven’t yet paid for the use of the software, the company may well have already sold it to you anyway. You contribute to upholding the industry standard, and then you’re halfway to doing Adobe’s promotion for them.
    This is piracy where you didn't expect it
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    I think this is the wrong section dude for it,you should have posted it in the Filesharing News section instead....
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread