P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Heh, glad you were able to make it work
    Go to Settings, and untick "disable unsupported functions", maybe that makes it work...
    OK,gonna try that out,thanks buddy
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    *switching over to this thread*
    But this is a open signup thread and no discussion thread.
    Here's the right place to talk about this tracker.
    as shoulder said, this place could be better for discussing the topic..

You also have an edge on this, having a smartphone
    yes of course there are more programs released for this type of phone, but if it comes to the programming platform i would say that your v3 has an advantage with java cause its more compatible.
    if some software which is released for smartphones/pdas should run on a "normal" mobile phone, it has to be modified, and therefore connected with more efford, right?

BTW, Aurion just posted a link to signup in PYM, which also is exclusively for mobile applications and games. I have made an account there, and they have a Motorola sectio
    do they have a decent selection and collection of wm applications too?

hopefully I'll find some [working] games
    was anything with the you got from stb, cause you set "working" in brackets..

g'night vdd
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39549
    Quote Originally Posted by vDD+wR View Post
    *switching over to this thread*

as shoulder said, this place could be better for discussing the topic..
    And he's very right, the other one was about open signups and I was kind of hijacking it

yes of course there are more programs released for this type of phone, but if it comes to the programming platform i would say that your v3 has an advantage with java cause its more compatible.
    Well, PYM has a Motorola V3 apps torrent, so I'm sure most of them will work on mine, specially if they have been tested
    But I don't know whether my phone is more compatible: most games I have tried crash either before loading, in-game, or directly hang and don't come back after I hit the End button and choose Resume from the appearing menu.
    I think Nokia's implementation is the most compatible, specially because a lot of the commercial games out there use the "nokia fullcanvas" internal class. But some Alcatel models can also run pretty much every app you throw at them, and when it tries to do something the phone can't (like scanning for BT devices if the mobile doesn't support Bluetooth), usually nothing will happen and the appication itself will continue running, where most other phones would have crashed instead.

if some software which is released for smartphones/pdas should run on a "normal" mobile phone, it has to be modified, and therefore connected with more efford, right?
    It depends. If it was a SIS (or whatever other smartphone formats are) app, it directly won't be able to run in a Java-only handset.
    It it's a J2ME app, its performance can range from running very well, to sluggish because of the phone's slow-clock CPU, or directly run out of memory in the middle of its runtime and crash. The phone's Java implementation's quality also may (or may not) play an important role.

do they have a decent selection and collection of wm applications too?
    This is their category list:

Windows Mobile not in sight

I did a search for "wm" and "windows mobile" and got a few results, but not what you'd call a variety of apps

was anything with the you got from stb, cause you set "working" in brackets..
    I put it between square brackets because that's what I hoped: that they end up working in my V3

g'night vdd
    Sleep well
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

vDD+wR (31.08.08)

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    I was kind of hijacking it
    then shame on you for misusing it.. (but i didn't stop either, so...)

PYM has a Motorola V3 apps torrent, so I'm sure most of them will work on mine, specially if they have been tested
    so you're rediscovering your good ol' v3

most games I have tried crash either before loading, in-game, or directly hang and don't come back after I hit the End button and choose Resume from the appearing menu.
    as you said already this could be because of the phones lack of memory or the slow cpu.. or its only compatible with specific phones (what i doubt..)
    btw while im writing this, i got the idea, if the problem would be the cpu, an OC-prgram could be the solution.
    with my first smartphone (the mpx200) the overclocking solved a lot problems after i flashed it with a wm2003 rom..
    overclocked it from 120 to 133mhz not the world but you felt the diffenrence. only problem was the short battery life. but nevertheless it managed a day before it had be charged again, which was quite good i think..

This is their category list:
    Windows Mobile not in sight
    no problem at all.. its even better because so, i don't have to sign up on another tracker and don't lose the overview..

ecause that's what I hoped: that they end up working in my V3
    did you tried it already?

have a nice day
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39549
    then shame on you for misusing it.. (but i didn't stop either, so...)
    Yes, indeed. I have this problem of going off topic constantly

so you're rediscovering your good ol' v3
    Thought so at first, but...

as you said already this could be because of the phones lack of memory or the slow cpu.. or its only compatible with specific phones (what i doubt..)
    I don't know about my phone's CPU, but I do know that it has a 800KB heapsize, which is a lot for apps that weight 128kB or below, but won't satisfy the bigger (400-500KB) ones There are also cases where the phone will simply refuse to even install the JAR: I press the transfer button in MIDway, but it stalls on "sending file..." and the phone's screen says "corrupted file" or something like that

btw while im writing this, i got the idea, if the problem would be the cpu, an OC-prgram could be the solution.
    with my first smartphone (the mpx200) the overclocking solved a lot problems after i flashed it with a wm2003 rom..
    Well... can a V3 even be overclocked?
    I did flash it though (tried a lot of different custom packs) and that added a lot of improvements and performance boosts every time, but I felt it'd be better if I decided what things I wanted to add/remove myself, and not be restricted to the modder's work. So I applied a latest-version stock FW, learned how to do the hex-mods, speed the menus up and such things, and flashed the phone with a completely custom image

overclocked it from 120 to 133mhz not the world but you felt the diffenrence. only problem was the short battery life. but nevertheless it managed a day before it had be charged again, which was quite good i think..
    I wouldn't have thought a 13mHz increase in the clock rate would drain the battery so fast
    My N6101's charge always lasted a day or two at most, but that's because it wasn't an official Nokia battery...

no problem at all.. its even better because so, i don't have to sign up on another tracker and don't lose the overview..
    That's a good idea
    I'll tell you if they add a WM category!

did you tried it already?
    I wasn't at home when I made my last post yesterday, but now I have downloaded the torrent, and it's a dead one. 0 seeds, 0 leechers

BTW, it's extremely easy to cheat at PYM: I used the NoComplete_NoReport-Tracker uTorrent mod...
    * my stats are still 0:0 after downloading 3 torrents,
    * no active torrents have ever been shown in my profile, and
    * I haven't snatched anything.

I want to let some time pass before I cheat at STB though: they're probably closely watching all new accounts, and have a very small userbase (500 users). There's also a WM app called "Bluetooth Remote Control" there, maybe you find it interesting...

have a nice day
    Thanks
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    Thought so at first, but...
    what was wrong? didnt work the way you expected

Well... can a V3 even be overclocked?
    i searched through google, but couldn't find anyhing helpful.. so i'm very pessimistic about it..
    but it would be cool if someone could code such a utility

I wasn't at home when I made my last post yesterday, but now I have downloaded the torrent, and it's a dead one. 0 seeds, 0 leechers
    hope you'll find a new games pack for your v3 then.

I'll tell you if they add a WM category!
    yeah thanks, that would be

BTW, it's extremely easy to cheat at PYM: I used the NoComplete_NoReport-Tracker uTorrent mod...
    * my stats are still 0:0 after downloading 3 torrents,
    * no active torrents have ever been shown in my profile, and
    * I haven't snatched anything.
    great, thats good toknow, if i will ever sign up there too. but how do you build up a decent ratio there when your up and down in't counted?
    or do you use ratiofaker or something like that too?

I want to let some time pass before I cheat at STB though: they're probably closely watching all new accounts
    yep, had the same in mind. but at first i'll try it without faking cause they have some good implementations such as the creditsystem, i think.
    but after the userbase has grown big enough there, a little faking wont hurt either....
    btw, is there something known about the anti-cheating system they have? would be interesting to know
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    I want to let some time pass before I cheat at STB though: they're probably closely watching all new accounts
    I would also be careful with cheating there as long as it isn't "tested" very well.

Since one of the owners is a P2P-Talk Admin I think they most likely share your IP if they banned you.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39549
    what was wrong? didnt work the way you expected
    The torrent was dead

i searched through google, but couldn't find anyhing helpful.. so i'm very pessimistic about it..
    but it would be cool if someone could code such a utility
    I googled too, and the only thing I could find the program MotoSpeed which I had already used to accelerate the menus

hope you'll find a new games pack for your v3 then.
    Me too... just downloaded a few individual small games, and hopefully they'll work correctly. :)
    By the way, there's this application called JAM Adapter which claims to be able to "adapt" JAR files for specific phones, maybe it's exactly what I need?

yeah thanks, that would be

great, thats good toknow, if i will ever sign up there too. but how do you build up a decent ratio there when your up and down in't counted?
    or do you use ratiofaker or something like that too?
    If their anti-cheat protection is so poor to let a stealth mod go fully undetected, my guess is that you could use the Ratio Master or even Pimp my Ratio to build yourself some upload
    And at the moment all their torrents are free leech.

yep, had the same in mind. but at first i'll try it without faking cause they have some good implementations such as the creditsystem, i think.
    I saw that too, so for now I'm keeping Faze open to acumulate some points

but after the userbase has grown big enough there, a little faking wont hurt either....
    If they increase their user limit that is

btw, is there something known about the anti-cheating system they have? would be interesting to know
    It's relatively new, so we'll just have to wait, test our tools and see how good their scripts are.
    Just used the Faze Mod there, setting the upload multiplicator to 2x and stopping the torrent when a 0.500 ratio is reached, and I haven't been banned.
    The Azureus hack is of course always a good option, but for now most of their torrents have very few leechers, if at all. Most things you can find there are also very small (less than a MB), except of course for packs like "1000 games for the Nokia xxxx", etc.
    What shoulder said is also important. I'll later test if my semi-anonymous method also works at STB, to minimize damages should you get caught and your IP shared with the world.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    Since one of the owners is a P2P-Talk Admin I think...
    if that is so, then the possibility is high enough that he knows the stuff quite good that we are using and therefore has updated the protocols.. there's the possibility, that he knows the site too. could be, couldn't it?

I googled too, and the only thing I could find the program MotoSpeed which I had already used to accelerate the menus
    thats a pity that there isn't any other tuning for your phone, but good too, cause now you know that you optmized it to the top

there's this application called JAM Adapter which claims to be able to "adapt" JAR files for specific phones, maybe it's exactly what I need?
    that would be definitly something for you
    but i doubt that you can play ervery .jar game with it cause i think it's very hard to adapt a game that way, so that it's running on phones with, lets say, a lower cpu clock or with less memory...

And at the moment all their torrents are free leech.
    hehe, so you dont have to use any mods at all

I'll later test if my semi-anonymous method also works at STB, to minimize damages should you get caught and your IP shared with the world.
    thats a great idea, i can help there too if you dont mind, cause i know you'll check your favorite ultrasurf only, right?
    no, really if you need some just tell me
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39549
    if that is so, then the possibility is high enough that he knows the stuff quite good that we are using and therefore has updated the protocols.. there's the possibility, that he knows the site too. could be, couldn't it?
    You mean updated his scripts?
    I think every good tracker knows about us
    But for most of them in the end it's all about finding the right settings for our tools

thats a pity that there isn't any other tuning for your phone, but good too, cause now you know that you optmized it to the top
    Oh no, there's also a variety of hex-mods (called "seem editing") that can be done to fully customize the phone's options, add/remove stuff, etc...
    But I have applied those too

that would be definitly something for you
    but i doubt that you can play ervery .jar game with it cause i think it's very hard to adapt a game that way, so that it's running on phones with, lets say, a lower cpu clock or with less memory...
    Yes!
    Of course it won't be able to adapt a 800KB, 320x240 app for my Moto, but seems to be successful at remapping the phone's keyboard, replacing Nokia classes with generic ones, even making graphics that are of the screen size inmediately next to mine (176x220) fit in my screen

hehe, so you dont have to use any mods at all
    Erhm, I don't know, I'm not comfortable with the idea of download being added to my acc So no-report FTW
    [yes, I know I'll have to send some stats sooner or later ]

thats a great idea, i can help there too if you dont mind, cause i know you'll check your favorite ultrasurf only, right?
    no, really if you need some just tell me
    You're forgetting about Freegate
    And check your notifications
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123