Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1553

Thread: Tracker forums that offer invites to other trackers [ARCHIVED]

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 10/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss15
    Any info about where to get TV-Vault? Searching all of my trackers forum but nothing found.
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (03.04.22)

Quote Originally Posted by Manchunian View Post
    Any info about where to get TV-Vault? Searching all of my trackers forum but nothing found.
    I guess it is in RED power user forum
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (03.04.22)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    User invites are a thing on TV-V. The higher classes get several. Of course, that only helps if you know someone who's already in (or hang around where such people may be).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (03.04.22)

Is there rank demotion in GGn like in RED??
    Thanks

Unregistered

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by v@nz View Post
    It?s been more than a month since I applied for PTer on both avistaz and bit-hdtv I didn?t get any response from them. PTer also recruits from filelist you have to be vip to access that. But I doubt you will get any response from there too. I think they paused the recruitment.
    pterclub 12000/12000

9. Who Said Thanks:

v@nz (04.04.22) , exalt (03.04.22) , JohnWick (30.03.22)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Quote Originally Posted by leech_master View Post
    Is there rank demotion in GGn like in RED??
    Sounds like something GGn's FAQ and wiki could answer, but for the record, all trackers have that. Ordinarily account age and total traffic in both directions will never decrease, making promotions based solely on those a one-way path (unless the thresholds ever change), but everything else can pull you down as well as up.

If you want to keep a certain status, I suggest uploading at least thrice the minimum amount of torrents required to reach it.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (03.04.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    Hello everyone, new here, but not new to the torrent world, I have been torrenting on and off for more than 14 years now. I want to get back so I would like to know if there is a shorter faster way to get myself into high level trackers rather than doing interviews, maybe a safe place to buy an invite or something, I'm interested mostly in BHD because of their remux group.

I tried RED interview and its a shit process, they expect a grown man to stare at a boring blank irc screen 24/7, they expect you to be available for their shit interview at any time. If you are having a lunch, have a job, or in the bathroom, and missed the interview, then tough luck, you have to go back to the end of the line. I have waited for week there, I felt disgusted and like a slave. They tell you they are "volunteering" as an excuse for their dead irc channel. Last time I checked volunteering means you do a job for free, it doesn't mean sit on your ass and do it when you feel like it, if you don't have the time don't volunteer then.

Great forum and great thread by the way, this thread alone wipes the floor with reddit trackers forum.

TLDR, is there a safe shorter way to high level trackers than getting interviewed by a nerd with power trip fantasy, thank you.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (07.04.22)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    First of all, define "high level trackers". The BTN-PTP-HDBits trifecta is basically off limits unless you're willing to invest far more effort than is warranted... but that's okay, because you can still find movies and TV elsewhere, so let them have their little paradise. You did mention BHD, which last time I checked was relatively easy to join, if harder than in the past. Just read the last few pages of this thread to know where they're recruiting and the specific requirements, then build a plan.

I strongly advice against buying invites. Even if don't care about politics or "never pay for P2P" and see it as an investment, it's a risky one. You have to trust (read: hope) that your inviter and everyone else they've sold to will never get caught anywhere ever, or else you go down with them. And staff are highly motivated to see that happen.

Anyway, if you're completely green and want to play this game, you'll have to do an interview at some point. Trackers which have open signups or are easy to get invited to don't make a pathway to better ones, and in many cases aren't even acceptable as ratio proofs. The good news is that MAM is famous for the low difficulty of their interview and friendliness of their staff, i.e. the opposite of what you saw on RED, and therefore makes an excellent starting point. You'll also have to download and upload things you don't care about to some extent, compete with seedboxes doing the very same, or even get a seedbox yourself just to meet recruitment thresholds. No one's fault (or at least not yours), just the sorry state of affairs these days. Do your best to reach the candy
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

CanadianBear (06.05.22) , exalt (07.04.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    Thank you Anon for the reply. I really enjoy your writings here in this thread. By high level, I meant high retention and extra content that may not be available in some of the common general trackers. I couldn't care less about rarity and bragging rights.

I'm trying to build a plex movie server with remuxes only. Couple of months ago I went back to torrenting via TL and FL, grabbed a seedbox, and built 30+tb buffer. I'm interested in Framestor aka BHD and also their request section if it is active.

I'm not interested in collecting or anything, 3 or 4 tracker plus usenet is more than enough. I will try to do what you suggested even though I feel too old for this interview bs. Back in the old days, I had oink, sh!t site named hdbits, and I even knew the original founder of the trackers rarity tier list lol. Now I'm back, hdbits is considered elite lol, oink no more, and community elitism and snobbishness increased ten fold. I don't want to sound old, but kids these days, who the f do interview for piracy sites?! ��
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (07.04.22)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Quote Originally Posted by lazybird View Post
    By high level, I meant high retention and extra content that may not be available in some of the common general trackers. I couldn't care less about rarity and bragging rights.
    Back in the old days, I had oink, sh!t site named hdbits, and I even knew the original founder of the trackers rarity tier list lol.
    Your previous comment about being into private torrenting for a decade and a half is what prompted my question, since I've been around for just as long, and also remember the term "tracker levels" having a different meaning - in addition to the WTAW ranking, compulsive trading, dreams of FTN and drama threads associated with it. All a load of bullshit, though one that provided constant entertainment.

I'm trying to build a plex movie server with remuxes only. Couple of months ago I went back to torrenting via TL and FL, grabbed a seedbox, and built 30+tb buffer. I'm interested in Framestor aka BHD and also their request section if it is active.
    Well, your general tracker needs are basically covered forever. TL is likely the most resilient private tracker out there... 18 years and they haven't even had to change their domain... in contrast, Wheelmods was impossible to join and yet shut down because someone told the cops their pirated DVDs on sale had been downloaded from it? Anyway, I might possibly suggest adding IPT to your list because it's easy to find and then you'd have the Big 3, but it's hardly a high priority task.

As regarding for HD, BLU is nicer than most say and so is HD-T, though in the latter case I recommend having some $10 bills ready, as they'll be your get-out-of-jail-free card if you make mistakes like being too inactive or posting in the forums. Should you by any chance have evidence of your old HDBits membership (the original invite e-mail would be best), you may be able to recover your account depending on whether it still exists, how much time has passed and how nice staff are feeling that day. In which case you'd get your hands on a highly respectable source at nearly zero effort, but that's a lot of ifs.

I'm not interested in collecting or anything, 3 or 4 tracker plus usenet is more than enough. I will try to do what you suggested even though I feel too old for this interview bs. Now I'm back, hdbits is considered elite lol, oink no more, and community elitism and snobbishness increased ten fold.
    All What.cd's fault for dying, nya. Other trackers went into panic, and ultimately decided they were happy with the current state of affairs because more people = more problems. And I think the way they pulled that 180 on the community and policies that helped them grow in the first place is despicable. However, I'm also of the opinion that staff are free to run their places the way they see fit, and ultimately don't owe us anything. Yes, back in the day, open signups were a thing, global bans were rare and you could both give and receive user invites without fear of earning one, and posting on tracker forums didn't paint a target on your forehead either... it's hard to not miss that... but that was then and this is now.

I don't want to sound old, but kids these days, who the f do interview for piracy sites?!
    The concept of invite interviews is actually great, as long as you don't see it as a "free invite". It lets you get your foot on the door without knowing anyone, just in exchange for displaying genuine interest on the tracker and putting in some effort (yes, you may not ever use the information you're quizzed on and could cheat, but I can't think of a better way to gauge interest and effort through a computer screen). It just happens to be poorly implemented on RED due to the high demand. Huge queues, long waiting times, hectic schedules - to the point that setting a highlight alarm and sleeping next to your computer is considered reasonable and desirable - and apparently little incentive for potential interviewers to volunteer or staff to "hire" new ones.

Conversely, MAM's interview is a short Q&A session held twice a week, where most questions aren't even tracker-specific and their answers will be common knowledge to you.
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (07.04.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    since I've been around for just as long, and also remember the term "tracker levels" having a different meaning - in addition to the WTAW ranking, compulsive trading, dreams of FTN and drama threads associated with it. All a load of bullshit, though one that provided constant entertainment
    Yeah I remember FTN, thank you for reminding me that I'm old now . FileSharingTalk, TorrentFreak (when the comment section was active) those were the days. Some of the drama threads and news were far more entertaining than downloading DVDRip.XviD .

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    The concept of invite interviews is actually great, as long as you don't see it as a "free invite". It lets you get your foot on the door without knowing anyone, just in exchange for displaying genuine interest on the tracker and putting in some effort
    I'm not necessarily against the concept of interviews, I just don't like it's implementation on a technical level and on a high level. On a technical level, I think you covered most of it in your last reply.

On a high level, I don't like that each tracker has to open recruitment topics across multiple private invite forums, why not have a direct application to the tracker itself? and then if you satisfied certain requirements you get the invite. Right now it is just like playing cat and mouse, collecting trackers you don't like or need, jumping from one to another, wasting upload traffic and time, and then maybe maybe you can apply for the tracker you desire.

This turned it into a job, it is not fun anymore, and it is not open as it used to before. Openness is what made people like torrenting, now it is a hierarchy and a road map, the total opposite of what it should be. And don't get me started on the mods and the stuff that control who walks that road map.

Security is not a valid excuse, like you said if TL can do it for 16 years, then everybody can do it.

Thank you for having this conversation, its been a long time, and talking torrent is fun. I will see if I have the will to do that RED interview, and I have ipt, I just thought it is not worth mentioning hh. Have a good night.
    Thanks

21. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (07.04.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    So after a little research I think getting an old Alpharatio account can do the trick, can anyone here explain their bonus points for me, please? possibly include a screenshot? what is the maximum bonus points a user can accumulate there per hour and how?
    Thanks

23. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (07.04.22)

P2P Client
    utorrent/qtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss23
    Quote Originally Posted by lazybird View Post
    On a high level, I don't like that each tracker has to open recruitment topics across multiple private invite forums, why not have a direct application to the tracker itself? and then if you satisfied certain requirements you get the invite. Right now it is just like playing cat and mouse, collecting trackers you don't like or need, jumping from one to another, wasting upload traffic and time, and then maybe maybe you can apply for the tracker you desire.

This turned it into a job, it is not fun anymore, and it is not open as it used to before. Openness is what made people like torrenting, now it is a hierarchy and a road map, the total opposite of what it should be. And don't get me started on the mods and the stuff that control who walks that road map.
    This is a process I really don't find productive either. The truth is.. I think there are more ladder climbers out there than there are tracker collectors. There is really no value in collecting anymore, as most uploads end up being cross seeded among all different trackers. So many people still have accounts they only use to look at recruitment forums. Seems like there should be one massive recruitment forum in the community, set perimeters on how users can access it, and establish what levels of tracker recruitment they can see. Then again.. You would be giving most of the power to a small group of people running one forum. Talk about creating staff egos..

As much as they say the interview processes are there to create a better member base, it isn't true. Just because I can read a bunch of information on a website and feed it back to people in an IRC channel doesn't mean I understand the information. I see tracker interviews similar to applying for a job. How much are you willing to be rejected or pushed aside to get to your goal? If I make you wait at my call for a week straight, it shows how much you really value becoming a member, compared to the guy who is going to give up a few hours in. The person who waited a week is going to be less likely to abandon their account, as they know how tough the road back in will become. Look at PTP for example.. I heard it is days wait in their disabled channel.

It isn't open anymore because of how well recognized everything has become. In 2003, I used to be able to hop on Suprnova and grab most things I would need, followed years later by Mininova, Demonoid, and the torrent search sites (Kickass and ISO). I didn't start seeing any need for private trackers until a good 6 or 7 years later. Now we need them. It is mostly about security, but it is also about retention. With a mass member base on public trackers, and no system of consequences, more obscure content has low seeding times.
    Thanks

25. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (07.04.22)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 3/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Seems like there should be one massive recruitment forum in the community, set perimeters on how users can access it, and establish what levels of tracker recruitment they can see. Then again.. You would be giving most of the power to a small group of people running one forum. Talk about creating staff egos
    That is not the solution. Every tracker should have its own recruitment application on its own site. They should ask for speed test, ratio proofs, and accounts lengths. Maybe throw in a timed MCQ test to make sure the candidate has an understanding of the rules and torrents in general. Once you pass the test and your application was reviewed and accepted, you get your invite based on first in first out basis. To minimize the number of submitted applications and stress on the stuff, maybe allow first 100 applications or whatever each month and then close recruitment for the remainder of the month.

This will save time for the applicant instead of waiting like a slave for weeks in RED IRC channel and jumping like a clown from one private invite forum to another.

As for security, no sorry I don't buy this excuse. Those trackers have tens of thousands of users, any semi competent anti piracy group can enter any tracker they like, there is no way some teenage nerds on an IRC channel will stop them or provide any protection, this is fantasy lol. I know someone who sell invites for HDBits for $300 lol, this is BitTorrent, there is no security and never will. Any DMCA trolls, if they want to, can enter any private tracker and start recording IPs and issuing DMCA threats via ISPs.

All those trackers can do for security, is enforcing Crypto for donations, and this is what most trackers do now. Also hope the anti piracy groups continue sleeping with their slow bureaucratic procedures and lack of will to pursue such tasks. Pursuing public torrent and ddl sites with millions of users is more cost effective and efficient than wasting money on small private sites.

Retention and quality of members were never a problem in any respectable site, this is also funny excuse besides security. TL and FL were strong in 2006 and still strong in 2022, even infamous IPT doesn't suffer from that.
    Thanks

27. Who Said Thanks:

exalt (07.04.22)

P2P Client
    Deluge 1.3
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 4/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    For those who are interested in knowing what's on the invitation forums.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HDSky

[Official] Great Poster Wall (GPW) Official Invitation Distribution Building
    [Official] Haitang PT (Focus on Quyi) Official Invitation Building
    [Official] HD4FANS Official Invitation Distribution Building
    [Official] HD4FANS Official Invitation Distribution Building
    [Official] LeagueHD Official Invitation Floor
    [Official] Cat Station (PT Friends Club) Official Invitation Distribution Building
    [Official] Nanyang PT Official Invitation Building [Suspended]
    [Official][Self-service application][Pause] OpenCD Official Invitation Building
    [Official] Beiyangyuan PT Official Invitation Building
    [Official] BroadCity (BdC) Recruitment
    [Official]TeamHD Unlimited invites
    【Suspend/Suspend】[Official] HDU Official Invitation Distribution Building
    [Official] Ourbits Official Invitation Building [Suspended]
    [Official] Dandelion (NPUBITS) Official Invitation Building

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M-TEAM

[Personal Invitation] [Long-term] hddolby Dolby
    【Official】HDPOST (HD Post) Official Invitation Release Building
    OurBits Official Invitation Post [2021 Edition] [Suspended]
    Haitang PT (HTPT) official invitation distribution building
    Cat Station (PT Friends Club) Official Invitation Distribution Building
    [Official] Spare Tire (BeiTai) Official Invitation Distribution Building
    Beiyangyuan PT official invitation distribution building
    [Official] White Rabbit Club (Hares) Official Invitation Distribution Building
    Unlimited invites to hd-torrents
    JoyHD Official Invitation Pos
    LeagueHD Official Invitation Distribution Building
    [Official]OshenPT Official Invitation Distribution Building
    [Official] Great Poster Wall (GPW) Official Invitation Distribution Building
    UHDBits.org - Unlimited Invites
    [Official]TeamHD Unlimited invites
    Immortal-s.me Official (Unlimited)
    Thanks

29. Who Said Thanks:

anon (07.04.22) , exalt (07.04.22)

Closed Thread
Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast