Thread: Cheating on HD-Torrents

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If you can send me a copy of the .torrent files that cause this, I'll have a look. Although based on that log, I daresay it's the same bug with chunked transfer encoding that also affects MAM and has no fix at the moment, besides using a different program (mRatio + mRatio Fixer or BiglyBT Extreme Mod work fine).
    It is every torrent from HD-Torrents I try. Is there any particular one you want to have a look at?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39719
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam23 View Post
    It is every torrent from HD-Torrents I try.
    In that case, any one of them would be fine.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    In that case, any one of them would be fine.

PM sent with torrent file.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39719
    Chunking bug confirmed.

Code:
    Content-Type: text/plain;charset=UTF-8
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Connection: close
    pragma: no-cache
    content-encoding: gzip
    vary: Accept-Encoding
    mRatio Fixer v8 specifically addresses this problem and will work fine.
    Thanks

Haven't dipped my toe in this for a while, what's the latest and greatest tool to use here, looking to increase my ratio & upload ~ 500gb-1tb. No rush just want a safer way to do it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alltogether View Post
    Haven't dipped my toe in this for a while, what's the latest and greatest tool to use here, looking to increase my ratio & upload ~ 500gb-1tb. No rush just want a safer way to do it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Anyone here can help with best way here, thanks again
    Thanks

Any tool good for this tracker i just joined today for this tracker and try DL /Seed torrent upon show up. and i got sux ratio... this is unbelive... mostly i got 1.20 ratio now i got belove 0.12 after 1st torrent..

Any help ?!

Probably will be 1st tracker when i need to cheat lol... just for short time till i make back transfer ratio to satisfacted. level.
    Last edited by PanKalafior; 15.09.24 at 20:29.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39719
    Quote Originally Posted by PanKalafior View Post
    this is unbelive... mostly i got 1.20 ratio now i got belove 0.12 after 1st torrent..
    Peer activity in this tracker isn't very high, that's not exactly a secret...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    8/20 1/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssssss64
    Quote Originally Posted by PanKalafior View Post
    Any tool good for this tracker i just joined today for this tracker and try DL /Seed torrent upon show up. and i got sux ratio... this is unbelive... mostly i got 1.20 ratio now i got belove 0.12 after 1st torrent..

Any help ?!

Probably will be 1st tracker when i need to cheat lol... just for short time till i make back transfer ratio to satisfacted. level.
    They should probably go ratio-free at this point and require long seeding times that adapt based on how many seeds a torrent has.
    Also cross-seed might help. https://www.cross-seed.org/ if you have the patience to set it up.
    Last edited by buttnudge; 17.09.24 at 09:22.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39719
    Quote Originally Posted by buttnudge View Post
    Also cross-seed might help.
    Cross-seeding is something I'm a bit conflicted about. On one hand, it is a good way of boosting your ratio by essentially converting buffer from one tracker to the other (and can provide a very high exchange rate if you do it long term), as well as improving availability and retention on all places involved, if only by compensating for the fact each one creates a different swarm for the same files. On the other side, the more people cross-seed, the harder economies like HD-T become for those who don't. And besides, being able to do it in the first place means you already have other sources for that content, which may make the whole thing a moot ordeal...

Anyway, partial seeding is a similar and also effective tactic, and doable even on torrents that can't be found anywhere else. In the past you'd pick the first RAR part and/or the sample of a movie, but now that everything's unpacked, set your client to do sequential downloading or prioritize the first pieces, then leech a small percentage and change the priority on everything to "Do Not Download". You will still share what you already have. Obviously this requires you to use some of your existing buffer in hopes of turning a profit later on.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    transmission
    Activity Longevity
    8/20 1/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssssss64
    Cross-seeding is something I'm a bit conflicted about. On one hand, it is a good way of boosting your ratio by essentially converting buffer from one tracker to the other (and can provide a very high exchange rate if you do it long term), as well as improving availability and retention on all places involved, if only by compensating for the fact each one creates a different swarm for the same files. On the other side, the more people cross-seed, the harder economies like HD-T become for those who don't. And besides, being able to do it in the first place means you already have other sources for that content, which may make the whole thing a moot ordeal...
    The alternative is cheating. They take what they can get. I don't have the ratio to download shit I want from HD-T so I go to my trusty IPT / TL and then cross seed till I get to a comfortable ratio if cross-seed automatically finds it. I mean I don't hate the tracker but what can I do ? Crosseed -> bonus points -> eventually start using the tracker.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39719
    Quote Originally Posted by buttnudge View Post
    The alternative is cheating.
    That would deprive the site owner of valuable donations for upload credit, you terrorist.

I go to my trusty IPT / TL and then cross seed till I get to a comfortable ratio... Crosseed -> bonus points -> eventually start using the tracker.
    Ironically, back in the day this was mandatory on your aforementioned TL. They took their time to adapt.

I used to cross-seed from Usenet to maximize my "investment" by not sacrificing precious buffer anywhere, so I understand the situation... in my case, though, it ultimately led to trimming my tracker collection down to the bare essentials. Even cheating was too much effort to maintain accounts I never used.
    Thanks

hi all. is mratio+mratio fixer working for HDT?i'm using qbittorrent 4.3.9
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910