+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 392 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 5872

Thread: The Chat/Spam Thread

I felt so good at that company. Even when everything was going down I was still working. But the adrenaline alone anon is magnificent. To actually witness a large company going belly up - it's like being on the titanic.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    But the adrenaline alone anon is magnificent. To actually witness a large company going belly up - it's like being on the titanic.
    This sounds really fun until you remember what happened to most people who were on the Titanic.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

You don't understand anon. I gave that my place my 100% devotion and was for nothing.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    I believe I do, as I once got fired from a place where I similarly gave my all, remember?

But hey, it was good while it lasted. Even the brightest star won't shine forever
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by VA
    I gave that my place my 100% devotion and was for nothing.
    I once got fired from a place where I similarly gave my all
    100% devotion means going down when the company goes down (harakiri?) or doing anything to stay employed (serious threats with harakiri )

the lesson here may go something like: only long-term goals of absolute certainty are worthy of one's complete devotion

Quote Originally Posted by anon
    Even the brightest star won't shine forever
    that which is meant to shine forever certainly does so
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    100% devotion means going down when the company goes down (harakiri?) or doing anything to stay employed (serious threats with harakiri )
    There's a difference between devotion and obsession
    Thanks

It's not an obsession, more like not working for the money. All the time I worked there I never made a dime (monthly bills = entire paycheck, no reserves). But I was the best and behind the scene I steered the IT department. In less then one year I ran IT purchase decisions, new technology decisions, budget and people, even corporate hardware. I was very good at it and they saw this right from the start. Which of course led to a riot and everything went downwards from there.
    The fact of the matter is I hate politics: rules, regulations, laws bore me to death. I just want technology and don't give a shit about everything else. I'd rather control everything from the shadows and be free rather than be forced into talking decisions from the "benefit of the company".
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    There's a difference between devotion and obsession
    that was the point, you guys didn't give it all, not even nearly

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    All the time I worked there I never made a dime (monthly bills = entire paycheck, no reserves)...In less then one year I ran IT purchase decisions, new technology decisions, budget and people, even corporate hardware.
    how come you weren't able to run the paycheck department?

I'd rather control everything from the shadows and be free rather than be forced into talking decisions from the "benefit of the company"
    interestingly, the so-called 'shadow government' or 'deep state' has similar goals like these on a global scale and guess what, with all their power they are neither free, nor do they represent something positive in this world
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    that was the point, you guys didn't give it all, not even nearly
    I did unpaid overtime regularly, and once stayed until 1 AM fixing one of our racks. If that's not giving them my all, I hope I was at least halfway close to it

Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    All the time I worked there I never made a dime (monthly bills = entire paycheck, no reserves). But I was the best and behind the scene I steered the IT department. In less then one year I ran IT purchase decisions, new technology decisions, budget and people, even corporate hardware. I was very good at it and they saw this right from the start.
    how come you weren't able to run the paycheck department?

Seriously though, when they see you're both willing and able to do a lot for little reward (the epitome of corporate efficiency!), the idea is usually keeping you that way. So no surprises here.
    Thanks

Are you kidding? By the end I was only working about 2 days a week.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Two days a week, eight days a week, whatever. You were getting the stuff they wanted done.
    Thanks

They didn't wanted them done, that was the problem. You see when I got there all they had this idea that if they worked a lot (via non-optimised methods) they would be compensated for their efforts and kept by the company.
    I optimised everything in an effort to not work at all at that company. I succeeded, from a work-day of 6+ hours, by the end I and my team worked only 1 hour a day. The number of tickets dropped significatly, and these things raised questions: now, why do we pay these people if they do nothing? and my personal favorite: why are we paying 6-figures for a basic thing like a ticketing system, or inventory, or hardware tools? Once I got control of that money I used to it solve all of the company's IT problems.
    Then the riot started in which they said stop doing what you are doing. They could not fire me as everybody loved me there - veryone except my team of course, the most powerful people liked me there.
    Thanks

I recomend everyone to read https://darkpatterns.org/
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor
    and my personal favorite: why are we paying 6-figures for a basic thing like a ticketing system, or inventory, or hardware tools? Once I got control of that money I used to it solve all of the company's IT problems.
    the company went bankrupt
    why would they go bankrupt if problems were getting solved and less employees (or less expenditure) were needed to do the job?

They could not fire me as everybody loved me there - veryone except my team of course, the most powerful people liked me there.
    so only a handful of people liked you (the most powerful ones), you saved them from spending millions and yet you still couldn't make a dime... sounds like a pretty bad deal
    Thanks

Perhaps the departments outside of the IT one were also screwing up ?
    g̺̗͙̺l̜̜i͖̦͇̙t͕̲̜c͇̮͕̺̩͎̰̜h͕̦̘
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 392 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast