Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 10770

Thread: [OLD]The Chat/Spam Thread

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Even with as low as 3Mb/s I was still getting this.
    as i recall, i got it occasionally at around 1MB/s, never around (or below) 5Mb/s, though at that time a newer version of utorrent seemed to have fixed the issue (around 1.6, was it?) so didn't investigate further, thus another possibility would be:

- badly optimized utorrent code hehe
    Thanks

badly optimized utorrent code hehe
    That's what I've been thinking but this is happening even in the latest versions (beta too). From 1.6 in 2008 to now...
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Disk overload seems to be the bane of many uTorrenters. But I've only had it when downloading while mencoder was running at full blast...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Regardless, take note of the options I previously wrote. Maybe you'll be needing them for someone that is/was as desperate as I was. I hate how some people are still trying to fix this using cache settings. By increasing the memory cache, utorrent will use more and more memory. This is OK (sort of) for small torrents up to 4GB but for those packs of 10GB or 40GB your system will be dead.
    Last edited by Master Razor; 04.08.13 at 22:17.
    Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Lucius (05.08.13)

MPC-HC Lite is dead, reason being it was no longer needed. And to make the matters worse they integrated more filters in it.
    We are witnessing here the conversion of a good lightweight program to a bloated one.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µTorrent with µ*****
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss143
    MPC-HC new version includes lav filters now that is what everyone uses for the best quality anyway.
    Including lav filters with internal support on interface is not a bad thing .

Madvr is good for rendering too.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Oh look, activity and longevity are back! Time to reach 100% again now...
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

yoco (11.08.13) , Master Razor (11.08.13)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Elections in Argentina tomorrow. I applied to be a table president (dude who records votes) and made it, which means I'll be away for most of tomorrow. But I'm still going to get you, 100% activity

Thanks

I don't have the activity bar, why is that?
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7979
    anon, is that you in the picture??
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private Beta
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3730
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Razor View Post
    I don't have the activity bar, why is that?
    Users with 0% activity haven't an activity bar.

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    anon, is that you in the picture??
    No, it's ex-president Carlos Menem on the left, and someone performing the same job I did today in the right.

Anyway, I'm back. This whole ordeal took place at my former primary school, where I arrived at 7am. While we weren't allowed to wander much, I noticed a few changes. There's an elevator now as well as some other eye candy, and the bathrooms were redesigned. Ah, all the good memories.

Two presidents are allocated to each table, and the other one here was a hot chick Which was cool. So the adventure began. Some drama took place, which is bound to happen when you have to deal with so much strangers forced by law to queue up inside a school on a Sunday. Not-so-friendly accusations we weren't doing this work right and stuff like that, but nothing major.

After 6pm, the doors to further voters were closed and we had to tally the ones that got in. This happened in my former 4th grade classroom. A few laughs were had during this process later on, where the following things were found inside the envelopes used to cast votes:
    • a bill torn into pieces
    • two bills, one belonging to a left-wing candidate, the other of a right-wing one
    • a written note reading "don't piss me off!"

The whole thing took 14 hours and a half from start to finish. I'm getting paid 300 peso for this, 296 of which I must send to the revenue service this month if I'm to keep working my current government job, which in turn I have yet to see a single penny from due to loooooooong paperwork. And I have to do this again in October, because there's another round of elections. Ah well, at least these memories are free.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    @anon:

Two presidents are allocated to each table, and the other one here was a hot chick
    enforcing 50-50% male-female participation?
    did the voters flock towards her table? hehe

so much strangers forced by law to queue up inside a school on a Sunday
    no one is forcing them to vote, right?

Not-so-friendly accusations we weren't doing this work right
    not enough voter tables/areas to reduce the queues?

inside the envelopes used to cast votes
    isn't that a waste of paper? simple folded bills seem sufficient

1. a bill torn into pieces
    2. two bills, one belonging to a left-wing candidate, the other of a right-wing one
    3. a written note reading "don't piss me off!"
    1. makes sense, nothing significant will change regardless of the candidates (s)elected, especially not to the benefit of average citizens
    2. left=right (center-wise) these days anyways or close enough
    3. i wonder to whom was this directed at

The whole thing took 14 hours and a half from start to finish
    all in only 1 shift, not 2? can someone say: exploitation

I'm getting paid 300 peso for this, 296 of which I must send to the revenue service this month
    this doesn't make sense, can you explain why this happens?

if I'm to keep working my current government job, which in turn I have yet to see a single penny from due to loooooooong paperwork
    how many months are they late/behind?
    other than that, every government is very efficient when they are/want to receive money from citizens, whereas being very inefficient when they have to pay (up)

at least these memories are free
    u sure about that?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    enforcing 50-50% male-female participation?
    did the voters flock towards her table? hehe
    I don't know, but I'm not complaining She was already taken, though.

no one is forcing them to vote, right?
    Voting is mandatory in Argentina. If you don't do it, you must give a reason for that to the authorities and pay a small fine. Many procedures that require your ID cannot be completed otherwise. That didn't deter 110 of the 346 people assigned to my table from not doing it, however.

not enough voter tables/areas to reduce the queues?
    Now that you mention that, the darkroom had a sort of portable wall shaped like a C with the bills inside, placed inside transparent plastic bags. This is much different than the usual stacks of bills placed on regular desks, visible right when you enter, which is what the other three tables had. I'm guessing the queue was so long because people kept on getting confused by this "system".

isn't that a waste of paper? simple folded bills seem sufficient
    Secrecy of the votes is treated very seriously. The envelopes allow you to make a blank or null vote without anyone else knowing until they're counted, and prevent accidents (deliberate or otherwise) where mishandling of the bill might reveal who you're voting for.

3. i wonder to whom was this directed at
    Perhaps it was one of the people not very happy with how we were doing things?

all in only 1 shift, not 2? can someone say: exploitation
    Agree. Even if this is supposed to be a civic deed rather than something done for the monetary compensation (which isn't exactly fantastic), 14 hours in a row is too damn much.

this doesn't make sense, can you explain why this happens?
    I'm currently working under a contract that requires me to be signed up for a "monotribute". I don't know the English equivalent if there is one, but it's a catch-all, lowest common denominator plan in the revenue service that allows you or your company to participate in formal employment. That costs $296 a month, which effectively reduces my salary by that amount.

I just hate this fuck-ton of life-draining hoops they make me jump through. I would mind it a bit less if I had been placed on two shifts as I requested. Apparently, there's an ongoing request to the government to make this job position work under a better, less taxing (in both senses of the word) system, for good reason. When I was with the printer repairing company, they paid me before the month ended!

how many months are they late/behind?
    I started working on the last week of April, so you get the idea.

other than that, every government is very efficient when they are/want to receive money from citizens, whereas being very inefficient when they have to pay (up)
    That they are. The only setback when paying these taxes is having to wait on the queue of other people who were already there to do the same. Nothing like those many trips to their offices, dozen or so e-mail conversations where they make me pick up details as I go, personnel being randomly absent/unreachable when they shouldn't be (you know those videogame copy protections where if you use a crack, gameplay slowly degrades until it's impossible to win? I felt like I was in something like that)...

u sure about that?
    Alright... I paid for them with work.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (15.08.13)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    And the banner ads on this thread are all about being irresistible to women.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 691 of 718 FirstFirst ... 191591641681689690691692693701 ... LastLast