Thread: [OLD]The Chat/Spam Thread

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    short answer: of course not hehe
    slightly longer one: chances are this is another trendy 'dark remake' failure of the nolan kind
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39518
    It seems superhero movies are really trendy these days.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µTorrent with µ*****
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss143
    I won't watch it, i believe it will be a flop.
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7979
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    slightly longer one: chances are this is another trendy 'dark remake' failure of the nolan kind
    I actually feel the same! It's just that wasn't in theater for so looong now, I just wanna go watch something. Maybe it will be good!
    Thanks

I can't believe underground-gamer is gone. That tracker was very dear to me.
    Anyone knows if they are every coming back?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39518
    I'm afraid that my job stopped being paid to post here around last week (at least temporarily), since the free netbooks are arriving at the school and I'm one of the people in charge of the bureaucracy behind them.

However, there are some interesting news. Today one of the teachers refused the computer and asked that it be given to "some kid who will use it", as if we weren't giving one to every student in the place already. Tomorrow we're going to have a chat with the principal to see if I can be that kid. I hope he decides so, as these last-gen models are pretty damn awesome: 2 GB of RAM, 320 GB disk, built-in 3G modem, digital TV, HDMI port and a slightly bigger screen.

We also had to go out of our way to contact the dudes who had yet to pick up their netbook despite the manifold pre-emptive announcements. I find that a bit of a douche attitude - do they want it delivered at home with a side of fries or something? When I was a student and my school handed them over, they said "December 10th, 8am". I arrived earlier than that and waited expectantly (until actually getting them at 12pm). [/rant]
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 sssss7979
    Good luck anon, hope you get picked!
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

anon (19.06.13)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39518
    The guy didn't come to the school today, so I have to wait until next Tuesday. Which will make finally getting the netbook taste better, if the answer is yes
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    2/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss837
    So why are u giving up netbooks to the kids? I think I missed something :)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39518
    There's a government program here to give every primary and secondary public school student a netbook so they can play CS and visit Brazzers in class all have access to this very important resource called a computer.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    so how does this work, the pupils still use note books, pencils & books or netbooks for everything? can you give a few examples of netbook usage while in class?

Quote Originally Posted by anon
    We also had to go out of our way to contact the dudes who had yet to pick up their netbook despite the manifold pre-emptive announcements.
    wouldn't it be easier to just sort/stack the netbooks in some classroom/room and use breaks between classes, at which point staff handles the delivery for each (or few) classes at a time, the pupils forming a queue (the size of the class), receiving the netbooks one by one, signing the receipt (or something similar) and moving on to proceed with their schedule - by the end of the day the delivery should be mostly completed, with no particular hassle or inconvenience
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39518
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    so how does this work, the pupils still use note books, pencils & books or netbooks for everything? can you give a few examples of netbook usage while in class?
    Using them for taking notes is mostly not done, because both students and teachers will want the content to be in a more tangible form for reviewing. Besides, try to keep a room with ~20 computer-wielding teenagers from using them for funny crap in class

Otherwise, it depends on the subject and its teacher's attitude. A large number just ignore them and go on using the "old" ways. The "sciencey" subjects like math, chemistry and design tend to make the most use of it. The computers are preloaded with a ton of e-learning software which is of great help. In those areas, it is considered an excellent tool. Some teachers, I've heard, actually don't want the netbooks brought to school, because they might get stolen Which is a valid point, but kind of defeats the whole idea, or at least limits its functionality to basically homework.

For me, they're what you make out of them. There's nothing wrong with the kids using them for fun stuff (all work and no play...) if that's not the only use. Personally, it has helped me a lot, but mostly for informal learning though, as I received it after graduating from school, and professors at college level are not part of this program.

wouldn't it be easier to just sort/stack the netbooks in some classroom/room and use breaks between classes, at which point staff handles the delivery for each (or few) classes at a time, the pupils forming a queue (the size of the class), receiving the netbooks one by one, signing the receipt (or something similar) and moving on to proceed with their schedule - by the end of the day the delivery should be mostly completed, with no particular hassle or inconvenience
    Makes sense, but we'd have to keep on interrupting classes to look for those dudes who attend every other week. I for one have already done my fair share of looking for those whose data was incomplete, or had moved from another school and didn't file a request to get deleted from that database, etc., room by room.
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (21.06.13)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39518
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39518
    Before going to bed, I will proceed to post some interesting facts about this forum's demographics. That information is staff-only, but I don't see the harm in posting a few things here.

• http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...?threadid=4283 is the most viewed thread ever*.
    • This thread you're reading right now is the most active one. "Experiment" (more or less the older, German version of it) is the runner-up.
    • Tracker Cheating Experiences is the most active subforum. Inside it, "Cheating on What.cd ?" is the most active thread, and "Cheating on TL (TorrentLeech)" the runner-up.
    • 48% of our visitors are from Europe, 31% from North America, and 13% from Asia. The rest of the traffic is roughly evenly spread among the other continents.
    • (I'd post browser stats, but those are divided by browser version, and Firefox and Chrome release a new one every month, so)
    • 59% of visitors run a version of Windows from XP onwards. A sizable chunk (8%) appears to be running Windows 98! Linux is the runner-up with nearly 13%.
    • The vast majority of users who arrive at the forum from another site do so through a localized version of Google.

* = there used to be a thread by Pickle asking if a certain actress was hot or not which was the most viewed one years ago, but I don't know what happened to it.
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (25.06.13) , yoco (25.06.13) , ParamouR (25.06.13)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    "Experiment" (more or less the older, German version of it) is the runner-up.
    less, its more about counting from 10 000 downwards (and adding a short comment/thought while you're at it)

a few more details:

aktuelle Proxylist, jeden Tag neu !!!
    Replies: 85
    Views: 467,817
    last post: 15.08.10

The Chat/Spam Thread
    Replies: 10,286
    Views: 167,080
    last post: you're reading it

Experiment...
    Replies: 4,512
    Views: 70,198
    last post: 07.06.11

Experiment 2 in anderer Ausführung
    Replies: 3,271
    Views: 42,151
    last post: 14.04.12

edit: the number of proxylist views is extremely high, must be an interesting story behind it
    Last edited by slikrapid; 25.06.13 at 18:27.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 685 of 718 FirstFirst ... 185585635675683684685686687695 ... LastLast