+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Generate Seed-Bonus/Points ?

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    Quote Originally Posted by D3TR1TUs View Post
    Something i didn't understand, do you use memory reader when jumping as seeder on a torrent you haven't DL, using mR ?
    Memory Reader has nothing to do with starting as seeder.
    It should always be used when possible.

Another thing, am i missing sth or you can't set a limit on your total DL using mR? for instance, you choose to start as 99% complete on a 4Gb file, so you want your total DL to be ~40Mb
    mR automatically stops "downloading" once 100% is reached.
    If you start for example with 99% and 40MB are missing, mR will only "download" those 40MB.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

D3TR1TUs (06.01.12)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39718
    Quote Originally Posted by shoulder View Post
    mR automatically stops "downloading" once 100% is reached.
    If you start for example with 99% and 40MB are missing, mR will only "download" those 40MB.
    It's smart like that.

I wanted to code my own tool, and with help from cheatos got to the point where you could convert data into acceptable values and send it to the tracker in intervals, but gave up because there was so much stuff to keep in mind!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

D3TR1TUs (06.01.12)

P2P Client
    patched Deluge+VPEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss58
    You guys are spoiling us with these kind of tools XD

Does it also adjust UL speed based on the number of leechers? for instance, if the leechers finish DLing and all it's left are partial seeders, will it stop ULing, or will it continue to upload on a torrent with no activity?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    It won't stop uploading.
    That is because mR doesn't connect to leechers, therefore it isn't able to get their states, and as a result of that it isn't able to adjust itself.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

D3TR1TUs (06.01.12)

P2P Client
    patched Deluge+VPEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss58
    It won't stop uploading.
    That is because mR doesn't connect to leechers, therefore it isn't able to get their states, and as a result of that it isn't able to adjust itself.
    Just tried and also noticed that

but on the advanced tab available through the right mouse click you can select to stop the torrent once you've DLed a certain amount. But i forgot to check if event=complete is sent
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39718
    but on the advanced tab available through the right mouse click you can select to stop the torrent once you've DLed a certain amount. But i forgot to check if event=complete is sent
    mRatio is the result of years of coding by an experienced programmer, plus numerous user suggestions. Of course it sends the completed flag.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    patched Deluge+VPEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss58
    It won't stop uploading.
    you can see a progress bar running on the details tab

I tested again, and when the progress bar reaches the end, it stops DLing and sends the complete flag. Dunno what happened the first time, maybe i confused dots with comas when entering the percent complete

anon was right, it's a great app
    Last edited by D3TR1TUs; 09.01.12 at 02:12.
    Thanks

mRatio is the result of years of coding by an experienced programmer, plus numerous user suggestions. Of course it sends the completed flag.
    not necessarily. if i'm not mistaken, the event=complete flag should be only present when the download is fully finsihed (left=0).
    Thanks

P2P Client
    patched Deluge+VPEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss58
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostfucker View Post
    not necessarily. if i'm not mistaken, the event=complete flag should be only present when the download is fully finsihed (left=0).
    True

That was just a misunderstanding, as we thought the torrent wouldn't stop DLing when the amount left to complete the torrent was already downloaded. So we'd have to manually stop it

Quote Originally Posted by shoulder
    It won't stop uploading.
    Now that i think about it, this doesn't make sense. All you need to get the stats right is the downloaded=X&left=Y sent to the tracker. When sent=downloaded it sends event=complete

Anyways, i think this is getting offtopic

I use regularly mR on AwesomeHD to get bonus points. As i've said somewhere already, +/-30 torrents seeding give me 10K points per day.
    When the torrent is an encode from other site but has more samples/pics, i start it with 99% complete. It would be weird to jump as seeder
    Have yet to try this method on BTN, but it should work
    Last edited by D3TR1TUs; 09.01.12 at 12:08.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39718
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostfucker View Post
    That's what I was referring to. Unless D3TR1TUs meant something else?

Now that i think about it, this doesn't make sense. All you need to get the stats right is the downloaded=X&left=Y sent to the tracker. When sent=downloaded it sends event=complete
    Tools can only do so much with what the tracker reports. It may tell you there's still X people seeding and Y leeching, but there's no way for mR to know if those Y people are partial seeders or not. That's where you kick in by checking on the torrent.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent 2.2.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss131
    Don't want to create a new thread to ask this, but is it advisable to grab two dozen or so old snatched torrents from my history at BTN and put them in mRatio with 0-2kb/s each (randomised) upload, 0kb/s download and leave it for a few days? I want to make some points so i don't stick out like a sore thumb. However, i don't know who the tracker will view me if they suddenly see 24-26 snatched torrents suddenly start uploading? Or is it fine, seeing as though they were at least snatched in the past?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39718
    Quote Originally Posted by dickbutt123 View Post
    Don't want to create a new thread to ask this, but is it advisable to grab two dozen or so old snatched torrents from my history at BTN and put them in mRatio with 0-2kb/s each (randomised) upload, 0kb/s download and leave it for a few days? I want to make some points
    And that's how you do it.

You'll probably be fine.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent 2.2.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss131
    Hey,
    last post was deleted because i was supposed to use the thanks button but i was planning on editing the post to show updates. Anyway, here are my results:

Using my previously snatched torrents, i added them to mRatio as seeder (100%) with upload of 100-1000 bytes/sec (randomly using the feature). I let them 'seed' overnight and found an extra 1000 points. Works perfect.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2
    Quote Originally Posted by dickbutt123 View Post
    Hey,
    last post was deleted because i was supposed to use the thanks button but i was planning on editing the post to show updates. Anyway, here are my results:

Using my previously snatched torrents, i added them to mRatio as seeder (100%) with upload of 100-1000 bytes/sec (randomly using the feature). I let them 'seed' overnight and found an extra 1000 points. Works perfect.
    Thanks for confirming this works. I also want to generate bonus points for BTN :)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss20
    I have read pages and pages, used ghost seeding as well as Seeder Mods. Then it struck me the other day to simply use mRatio (because userenity stopped working on my system for some reason), add a torrent that i have snatched previously, set it to seeding at 0Kbps upload. It works fine. I have tested it on trackers which want you to seed things for 24 hours after download complete and stuff.

Why go through the hassle of uSerenity, that's my question ?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast