Poll: Did you like this movie?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titanic (in 3D) (2012)

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773

Titanic (in 3D) (2012)

This spectacular epic re-creates the ill-fated maiden voyage of the White Star Line's $7.5 million R.M.S Titanic and the tragic sea disaster of April 15, 1912. Running over three hours and made with the combined contributions of two major studios (20th Century-Fox, Paramount) at a cost of more than $200 million, Titanic ranked as the most expensive film in Hollywood history at the time of its release, and became the most successful. Writer-director James Cameron employed state-of-the-art digital special effects for this production, realized on a monumental scale and spanning eight decades. Inspired by the 1985 discovery of the Titanic in the North Atlantic, the contemporary storyline involves American treasure-seeker Brock Lovett (Bill Paxton) retrieving artifacts from the submerged ship. Lovett looks for diamonds but finds a drawing of a young woman, nude except for a necklace. When 102-year-old Rose (Gloria Stuart) reveals she's the person in the portrait, she is summoned to the wreckage site to tell her story of the 56-carat diamond necklace and her experiences of 84 years earlier. The scene then shifts to 1912 Southampton where passengers boarding the Titanic include penniless Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio) and society girl Rose DeWitt Bukater (Kate Winslet), returning to Philadelphia with her wealthy fiance Cal Hockley (Billy Zane). After the April 10th launch, Rose develops a passionate interest in Jack, and Cal's reaction is vengeful. At midpoint in the film, the Titanic slides against the iceberg and water rushes into the front compartments. Even engulfed, Cal continues to pursue Jack and Rose as the massive liner begins its descent. Cameron launched the project after seeing Robert Ballard's 1987 National Geographic documentary on the wreckage. Blueprints of the real Titanic were followed during construction at Fox's custom-built Rosarito, Mexico studio, where a hydraulics system moved an immense model in a 17-million-gallon water tank. During three weeks aboard the Russian ship Academik Keldysh, underwater sequences were filmed with a 35mm camera in a titanium case mounted on the Russian submersible Mir 1. When the submersible neared the wreck, a video camera inside a remote-operated vehicle was sent into the Titanic's 400-foot bow, bringing back footage of staterooms, furniture and chandeliers. On November 1, 1997, the film had its world premiere at the 10th Tokyo International Film Festival. ~ Bhob Stewart, Rovi
    The moment I saw this film it made me feel like I'm on it, I'm sinking with it, that's how alive this film is.
    Show respect to all people, but grovel to none​

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7979
    Maybe I'll watch it years from now, when I get 3D TV =)
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss392
    They shouldnt ask for the full price at the cinema because it isn't a new movie and this 3D workover is way cheaper than producing a 3D movie. But if they ask for the full price I wouldnt watch it, like any of the 3D workovers which are on the rise nowadays. For the lion king etc. its nice that todays kids can watch them again in the cinema but this 3D isn't worth the full price again.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    13/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39504
    Re-release old movies in 3D -> people have to watch it because of the 3D gimmick -> profit!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

anon (08.04.12)

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7979
    There's only one scene that's changed/fixed in movie. And that's the stars. Now it's how they're suppose to be when they looked up in the sky!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoco View Post
    There's only one scene that's changed/fixed in movie. And that's the stars. Now it's how they're suppose to be when they looked up in the sky!
    Blasphemy.It's 3D,it's like we are watching a whole new movie.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    13/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39504
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    ROFL

Loved the part after 0.57!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks