Thread: Cheating on What.cd ?

P2P Client
    µTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss200
    Quote Originally Posted by ciccio View Post
    Hi guys, what's the max cheating speed is to possible to use in What.cd? Obviosuly i downloaded the torrents with the most leechers.

Usin RatioMaster.

Thanks.
    You should be very careful when cheating on what. Read the 2 last pages and you'll find out. But if you really want to try to cheat on what, then wm is a must to learn!
    Thanks

ciccio
    Ok, but i wanna know the max speed possible in What.cd for not to be banned.

P2P Client
    µTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss200
    Ok, but i wanna know the max speed possible in What.cd for not to be banned.
    Short answer: 0kbps, then you'll not be banned

Better answer:
    Don't be lazy, go and read the last two pages...
    Last edited by lertsy; 22.05.11 at 18:38.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

anon (22.05.11)

ciccio
    Quote Originally Posted by lertsy View Post
    Short answer: 0kbps, then you'll not be banned

Better answer:
    Don't be lazy, go and read the last two pages...
    I READ the last two pages, just written be careful, use low speed, wm method etc....., i know this things, but i wanna know what's the max speed possible in what.cd

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39507
    Obviosuly i downloaded the torrents with the most leechers.
    If there's something I've learned in life is that not everything is what it looks like. Specially torrents with lots of "leechers" in music trackers. Check again, I don't think you want to lose your account.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrentRatioMaster 1.9.1
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Torrents with lots of leechers on What.CD do not have any leechers at all, they're all partial seeders.

You can only cheat on staff picks at What.CD... anyone with a full proof system on what.cd isn't gonna post it in public - the staff there are the types who have no lives and read forums like this everyday and say stupid shit like "say hi to anon" as if saying that is some kind of self pleasuring torrent form of masturbation.
    Last edited by GymTanAndLaundry; 22.05.11 at 19:44.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

(23.05.11)

P2P Client
    µTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss200
    I READ the last two pages, just written be careful, use low speed, wm method etc....., i know this things, but i wanna know what's the max speed possible in what.cd
    If you had read it properly, you've seen that the only good way to cheat on what, is as GymTanAndLaundr said: on staff picks - which are hard to catch while they are active (released randomly).
    Thanks

Vaffa
    Has anyone managed to go to whatcd-disabled and leave it with his account returned ?
    I remember a couple of instances described here at sb-i but they are more like exceptional.(staffers wanted to show that they are not complete bitches etc)
    Maybe some verbal tactics? Possible to point out that maybe it was a mistake. If I was banned long time ago is it a plus ? (maybe grace period like on gft...)
    Should I swear? ("gooddammit i didnt press this button on rm .. my cat walked on my keyboard, downloaded it, installed and pressed the button.. focking cat!!")
    or maybe it's better not to go there (they recheck your IP, get extra info )
    Very interesting to listen to 1st-hand experience.
    Last edited by Vaffa; 23.05.11 at 18:03.

11. Who Said Thanks:

anon (23.05.11)

P2P Client
    µTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss200
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffa View Post
    Has anyone managed to go to whatcd-disabled and leave it with his account returned ?
    I remember a couple of instances described here at sb-i but they are more like exceptional.(staffers wanted to show that they are not complete bitches etc)
    Maybe some verbal tactics? Possible to point out that maybe it was a mistake. If I was banned long time ago is it a plus ? (maybe grace period like on gft...)
    Should I swear? ("gooddammit i didnt press this button on rm .. my cat walked on my keyboard, downloaded it, installed and pressed the button.. focking cat!!")
    or maybe it's better not to go there (they recheck your IP, get extra info )
    Very interesting to listen to 1st-hand experience.
    Your pretty doomed if you were banned because of ratio cheating. The thing that I think they will accept, is if your account just has been disabled because of inactivity.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    #whatcd-disabled should be called #whatcd-inactivity because no ratio cheat is getting their account re-instated.

What.CD should hold a 1 month free leech or something like that, as even with a seedbox its hard to build ratio. Seriously, I'm willing to bet there would be a lot more leech activity on the site if people could actually make some damn ratio out of it. Downloading 500mb to upload back 45MB or 100MB is not cool. Asking people to upload their own torrents as a form of ratio building is not cool/practical. One day the world will run out of bands and albums for 99% of what.cd users to even upload. I'm surprised their site is still thriving, because to me it looks like there way of doing things is unsustainable....

At least BMTV lets you buy yourself ratio............ lol @ what, for real, it makes sense why What AND BMTV are such good friends, sharing bans and such.. both sites forget that we the users actually have real lives, doing shit that matters more than treating your ratio like your 2nd child such as making sure our wives/girfriends are kept on a tight leash and don't start barking above their rank, earning money to support self and said girlfriend/family, enjoying ourselves so we don't want to commit suicide and leave our families with funeral debts, working out so we can have respectable and healthy bodies, doing chores so things keep clean and organisation is maintained etc etc etc....... they expect you to dedicate an unhealthily disproportionate amount of time to bettering their site and upping their profits, just to have the (and I quote) "privilege" of getting content from their site... content people like YOU and ME are both expected to provide... while they just manage volunteers (the non-paid staff) and pay a hosting company/datacentre for bandwidth/servers while raking in the donation money.

It's a fucking excellent business model (truth here drenched in sarcasm, I do not commend their founders) and I can understand why someone would want to make a torrent site for the money (and many do it for just that) - but as a point in case with What, it's unethical as uploading is so difficult it's hard to get anything back from the site at all and it becomes strikingly obvious that their whole operation is simply a mass exploitation of people who enjoy and are passionate about music.... the users provide the content and have the "privilege" of accessing other users content the "even more privileged users" get the "privilege" of seeing your IP address, having lots of invites and banning people. And as for the founders, they let everybody else do the work (the coders, mods, FLS, irc staff etc) while all they need to worry about is paying for/maintaining the server.

They would be absolutely nothing without their loyal hardworking userbase, yet they do not appreciate that. It's just TAKE, TAKE, TAKE. I'm sorry, but paying for a server WITH MONEY GIVEN TO YOU AS "A DONATION" and MAKING PROFITING OFF THAT does not mean you're giving anybody a "privilege" to use your site... it's not a privilege. Having a job, is not a privilege. Existing at What.CD and being able to download lots from there IS A FULL-TIME JOB. If anything... the what.cd sysops/founders are the ones who should be a little more humble, and feel privileged because they were lucky enough to be able to monopolize off the downfall of OiNK while a cascade of music lovers needed a new "home" aka preferred site along with a sense of community to share and get their music from, What (along with Waffles) sprung up at the right place at the right time. All because of that timing a few years ago, they continue to see success.... I do not feel though with in accordance of how they treat their community, that it is truly deserved.

The IRC interview is basically an induction to music ripping, you're being considered for your job at What.CD as a music ripper, unpaid, incurring expenses at your own cost and paid back in MP3 files and FLACs but to get the job you need to learn a lot, and learn fast... if you're able to do that the job is yours and it's welcome to What!

I can't respect oligarchal esque torrent sites like What.CD, I feel like I stepped into the medieval period whenever I access their server, with the plethora of rules and the sheer difficulty of just existing there. These reasons alone are why my account barely sees activity there. In fact I might just go and rape my account so its barely above ratio watch, and then trade it for a better site.

The amount of effort you put into What.CD is not what you get back. Oh wow... if I upload 50 CDs and finally become a Power User with a mere 25GB uploaded, i get invites to a load of crap torrent sites nobody has ever heard of plus a few other torrent sites you can easily get from public invite forums, a warm "fuzzy" fucking feeling knowing some american twat is wanking his own ego to sleep because he thinks he's so amazing for exploiting the shit out of people with his successful website AND I get to access (with 25GB) about 50 flac albums... or a bunch of crap I can find somewhere else anyways (to keep 1:1) - fuck that.

Long story short: What is shit and over-rated, improve the useability of the site or just get DDOSED and disappear from the net please...

/rant /thread /what
    Last edited by GymTanAndLaundry; 23.05.11 at 19:44. Reason: If a staff member from What would ever read this... I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU BUD. LOLOLOL.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39507
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffa View Post
    I've heard horror stories...

Thanks for the laugh about your cat and RM, I needed that.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GymTanAndLaundry View Post
    #whatcd-disabled should be called #whatcd-inactivity because no ratio cheat is getting their account re-instated.
    That channel is for disabled invite privileges as well.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I've heard horror stories...

Thanks for the laugh about your cat and RM, I needed that.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

That channel is for disabled invite privileges as well.
    I've edited my post on the previous page about 1,000 times, and now it is complete. Lol this thread should be locked really, as there will never be new cheating advise for What other than "cheat on staff picks... up to 1MB/s when the torrent is really new and then keep it between 100-300kbps randomized, paying careful attention of the leech activity on torrent, stop faking when seeder to leecher ratio is 10:1, as they're probably partial seeders" or something along those lines....
    Last edited by GymTanAndLaundry; 23.05.11 at 19:47.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39507
    Quote Originally Posted by GymTanAndLaundry View Post
    I've edited my post on the previous page about 1,000 times, and now it is complete.
    You really have a lot to say. Me, I've already entered the "I don't give a fuck" phase. I even adblocked all of What.cd's domains and nullrouted their IP to make sure it stays like that. There's What staff here, though. You may get a reply or two.

Lol this thread should be locked really
    No way! Epic 2008 longest "cheating on X" thread on SB-I is epic.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss200
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    No way! Epic 2008 longest "cheating on X" thread on SB-I is epic.
    Haha, I agreed with GymTan, but if that's the case then let's keep it
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39507
    I simply had to do this.

Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

GymTanAndLaundry (23.05.11)

Closed Thread