+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the...

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39510
    Thank you everyone for the feedback, and sorry for the late reply. Haven't had much time for posting the last days. Coincidentally, there haven't been any calls since I started this thread. That supports SL's theory of it being a stalker.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    you should in advance write yourself the time and date of each hangup and when you have like 5-6 call the phone company and ask them what you should do.
    Will keep that in mind. Usually the calls always take/took place between 3 and 5 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mammamia11 View Post
    sometimes a telephone sellesmen calls but they only want to call you and hang up so they can show to the boss that they have called many customers in the list.
    Can't the boss find out about that cheating by checking how long the calls were? :ermm:

other way it could be a scammer from another country, they call you and hang up and wait for you to call back ( that could be very expensive call for you) so watch out.
    Don't worry, wasn't going to call back, and if I did, I'd probably check the number first.

Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    that or blocking it
    Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    For about a month I would get random calls like this from a phone number I didn't recognize. Ends up it was some kid playing with her mom's phone that somehow got me on speed-dial.
    I wonder how your number arrived to a stranger's speed dial.

Quote Originally Posted by desodorante View Post
    *69# is long gone as far as I know.

It could mean that someone is using your phone line; what we call "pinchar", (sorry for the spanish but "tapping" is not the word and I do not know how to explain it )
    I thought "pinchar" was listening to the calls someone else makes here, but you're suggesting someone else is using my line as well, causing these issues?

Besides, we'd probably get costly bills in that case. And apart from the bill not arriving last December on due date for reasons beyond our knowledge, there hasn't been anything unusual going on.

My father always used to joke about how making use of someone's phone line is relatively easy, meaning one day we could have AR$500+ on phone calls to neighboring countries.

Even though your caller ID is not active, you can still request a call listing from either Telecom or Telefonica, it is a bit expensive for what it is, but it is worth the case (last time I checked it was something like AR$ 3 per page)
    Also sounds good.

The only puzzling thing about it is that it last 6 seconds EVERY time. Some Call centers have automated dialing, and if your number is listed as "do not call" they might not have that as a flag in their system, so they most likely hang up when they realized that.
    Finally, I do not want to sound like I have seen too many CSI episodes but...what does the noise in the back sound like?
    It doesn't really sound like a call center. Sometimes you can hear cars and buses passing by, sometimes it's absolutely silent, sometimes there's music and people speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by dalailama View Post
    In Sweden, we have
    Hold on a second. You're Swedish? And you're cheating on trackers? I thought all Swedes had 100Mbit lines or something.

a system where u can register on a government list making it illegal for the telemarketers to call you
    I'm not sure but I think the number's already there. Should check that.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Hold on a second. You're Swedish? And you're cheating on trackers? I thought all Swedes had 100Mbit lines or something.
    Haha I wish...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SBI Toxic
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss266
    Quote Originally Posted by anon
    1gb of text goes here
    Yeah well, I meant someone using your line, and yes it as easy as cutting and joining the cables, nothing more than that.
    This was a very common issue when I was a kid, and usually people hijacking lines were smart enough to use the line not as much as to be noticed, at specific times, and with specific ways of ringing the phone (like letting it ring twice, hang up, waiting a minute and redialing)
    So that is why I suggested it, and since you mention the noises in the back are different, this might be the case, because it means there is more than one person/location calling, always around the same time...
    The motherfu**ers that install and service the lines usually leave the line boxes open, or put them inside private property, or like in my uncle's house, were the entire block lines are hanging on top of one of the backyard walls.
    I am glad to hear the calls stopped though :)
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12