Thread: Best HD 1080p movies player and its patch

P2P Client
    NoComplete_NoReport-Seeder
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss265
    Quote Originally Posted by tokiodrift1 View Post
    Forget all that stuff, go for the XBMC-Mediacenter.
    It's perfect for the Zotac System or Acer Revo etc.
    Yea I read alot and infact had successfully installed that on the Zotac using XBMC Freak's live CD. Link: XBMCFreak
    But configuration is such a pain since my linux knowledge is close to zero and XBMC Freak's English related tutorials on configuration is limited. For example, when I plugged in my portable Harddisk in NTSF format containing all the HD movies, I can't even configure XBMC to recognize the movies. In the end, I gave up.

I then bought a SSD drive, upgraded to 4GB RAM and installed Win7 ultimate 64bit. But when trying to install XBMC for win platform, I realized it can't support 64bit OS. And so, I totally gave up on XBMC.

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Can you, the OP hearthrob, please compare XBMC-Mediacenter to the performance of Splash pro?

I heard a lot of good things about XMBC :)
    For Windows platform, Splash pro is definitely the best (so far) if you have Nvidia ION GPU or similar Nvidia graphic card cos' it uses the Nvidia PureVideo decoder. See NVIDIA PureVideo

XBMC is really cool but its pretty complicated to get it right as I mentioned above. So I've no chance to compare the performance since I'm too lazy to try it again. And also the new SSD drive + 4GB RAM + Win 64bits + Splash PRO = works like a charm in the Zotac. ;-)[COLOR="Silver"]
    Last edited by hearthrob; 12.09.10 at 10:47.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Bash shell
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss462
    I tried Splash pro today, I have a good NVIDIA card, but wasn't impressed.

MPC-HC worked as well, was lighter on memory, and looks more minimalistic/nicer.

I guess when you have too little CPU power to spare, then you might see things differently, although both are supposed to be working off the GPU, but in all cases YMMV
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12