Poll: Which staff are worst?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Staff Are The Worst?

What.CD Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyojojo65 View Post
    hehe, and you didn't take this fact in consideration that you have 130.000 members and irc interview open while waffles has 60.000 members and to get an invitation there is very hard in terms of finding invites.This has nothing to do that you're good at catching cheaters.
    and how many torrents are useless and people only upload it to get to higher user classes?!
    I never said we had more torrents just because we are better at catching cheaters, that's obviously not true.

In my previous post, I was answering crystal's question about why we ban cheaters. My answer is also true for waffles.fm.

None of our torrents are useless. If you want to know how many music torrents we have, I answered that in my previous post. We have about 390,000 unique music groups (no idea how many waffles have, but this thread isn't about what vs. waffles anyway).
    Last edited by jowa; 08.08.10 at 17:32.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Vuze-Sbi (08.08.10) , Extraterrestrial (08.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss231
    Besides what coded gazelle which is enormous feat in torrent world by itself. Give credit where the credit is due.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

jowa (08.08.10)

P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss762
    Quote Originally Posted by jowa View Post
    Please tell me you're not serious.
    Originally Posted by jacksbi
    i also know one of the users whatman(i dont know if he is what.cd staff or not if no i am sorry)
    did u see my post in brackets?if he is not him i am sorry.

but there is user whatman who trades invites on an elite forum.

some of users also say that staff from hdbits sell the invites.(they are only ones having invites now apart from the cappers have the invite).I think only staff or cappers are selling the invite(most of the people say its staff).

The other shit way to get in hdbits is
    spend at least $300 on WEBDLS from the itunes store

and I also know that iTS is also full of traders atleast 75% of users are traders and invite sellers.I think this had been confirmed by my good friend anon also.
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksbi View Post
    but there is user whatman who trades invites on an elite forum.
    We know, and we all had a good laugh when we saw this. I can't believe you would even consider the possibility of one of us doing this.

As for hdbits, I have no idea. Not familiar with them.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39518
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    Please continue posting here; we like you!
    What he said.

About WhatMan selling invites elsewhere... firstly, he's a very serious and level-headed guy, and I don't think he would ever do that. Secondly, it's very easy to grab a reputed member's nickname and try to destroy his reputation... this post should speak for itself:
    Quote Originally Posted by nperversion View Post
    Spotted I have found myself speaking English, Italian and Spanish on several forums. I guess I should have made a google search before taking it, next time I'll choose WhatMan.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

jowa (08.08.10)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
    I'd imagine that gives you an idea as to how we feel then, having people judge us based on an ever slighter pretense.
    well i can't say much about others but as far as i'm concerned i'm interested in facts. facts like the irc screenshot anon showed or the fact that skeptical forum posts get trashed quickly.

i've no interest in talking bad about some site just for the heck of it. as i said to stoi already, i'm just looking at someone's actions
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590
    I hope my post was just missed, though I did send Clapton a PM regarding it. Anyway, please (what.cd staff) look at post #165. As I said to Clapton, I am quite interested to hear what you have to say.
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    P2P Client
    UT2020
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapo View Post
    I hope my post was just missed, though I did send Clapton a PM regarding it. Anyway, please (what.cd staff) look at post #165. As I said to Clapton, I am quite interested to hear what you have to say.
    I can't address whether we do that (CSS leak stuff), but we have stated here that we do not disable users for having visited a "cheater" site. Surely not everyone who browses here is a cheater, and preemptive banning of users who consider cheating on our site would be wholly unfair, no?
    Last edited by clapton; 08.08.10 at 20:29.
    Thanks

Interesting, that's not what the announcement at the top says, Announcements - BitTorrent Talk

But as for the effectiveness of the the leak, from what I read online, most of the newer browser have fixed that css issue, so it should not be revealing the "visited:link" stuff. Also, I like how clapton, can't "address" whether they exploit that css code, but then goes about mentioning that they would never use it to disable users.

Nope, just feel like keeping a database of the user's activities outside what.cd

le sigh
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

caballero (08.08.10)

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590

Question

It would, so thanks for that.

Lets take a hypothetical case. Hope that's alright with you.

In this case, the tracker staff would use the bug.
    If so, how will it expect its user to respond? Cheating isn't allowed, yet utilising a bug is?
    From another persons' perspective, that wouldn't make munch sense, would it? If the tracker staff use such means, how can it expect its users to abide by their rules?

Plus, taking advantage of a bug is a much bigger issue than breaking a tracker rule. The former being computer/browser exploitation, which, if anything, isn't allowed by most laws. First, the exploiter gets sensitive information, which they aren't privileged to be given at all. Using means to aquire such information doesn't sound much legal either. Is it on the verge of being a hacking attempt? One definition of hacking:

"Unauthorized use, or attempts to circumvent or bypass the security mechanisms of an information system or network. " - Source

The latter, ratio cheating, isn't prohibited by law or is an unlawful act at all. It's maybe not allowed by tracker rules, but they aren't rules that have to be followed as a real life law. It may be unethical or not morally right, but that's argueable. So, if we're going to use such means against each other, then at least we should follow laws.

It's the hypocrisy and irony. Fighting means by another mean doesn't justify it, not at all.

If I come across as snarky anywhere, then that's not intentional. I'm trying to get more insight, which I'll hopefully get by this discussion.
    Last edited by Gapo; 08.08.10 at 22:14.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    rtorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    Quote Originally Posted by LegitCheater View Post
    Interesting, that's not what the announcement at the top says, Announcements - BitTorrent Talk
    I don't think they ban non-cheaters who are registered here.
    Thanks

What.CD Staff
    P2P Client
    UT2020
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12
    LegitCheater:

The announcement makes unverifiable assumptions about the methods (current or otherwise) of multiple sites, and it is also an old announcement. Nothing we have told you is a lie; you are welcome to assume that we're being deceptive, but we're just being honest and would give the same answer to anyone.

Also, you misinterpreted what I wrote: "we do not disable users for having visited a "cheater" site." There are other ways of knowing whether a user visited this site or another "naughty" site, and none of them involve more than basic reasoning and powers of observation. In fact, any way you read my statement, it in no way implies that we either currently use, or previously have used, the CSS leak. And I really do believe my second sentence in my previous post.
    Last edited by clapton; 08.08.10 at 22:08.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    I can haz candy
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss590
    You aren't implying if what.cd is using it either. So it's a stalemate issue at best?

I've had good experience with you and the what.cd staff. I would hope what.cd isn't abusing the bug, but a clarification stating it would be great. I remain confused until some clear clarification re. the whole CSS leak has been given.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    OMG v2.3 Hax Edition
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss19
    Quote Originally Posted by cheatos View Post
    Trackers I voted:

BCG -> bcg's staff simply contradict their own rules, they apply it whenever they want and drop it, my 1st account was disabled for being invited by a trader yet they spread invite on FST and others (EDIT: i have not even cheated there )
    I also agree with BCG staff being somewhat dramatic.

They also try to over complicate the simplest things, I swear it's like a drama story when you have to read their "New Rule #104" and then three days later read a new slight adjustment they've made to it.

I've never had a problem with any of the staff from BCG... They are quite cool actually. BUT, there is one dickheaded staff member there. That I could never get along with, although he never thought ill of me (I don't think) but man, seeing how he treated other users really annoyed me, it was this arrogant attitude and smartass replies he gave to users that ticked me off. He didn't give any user a chance, strike 1, warning, strike 2, ban.
    Last edited by Aztaros; 08.08.10 at 23:04.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    RM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss64
    I am also very angry about the attitude of what.cd of banning people from certain countries
    sometimes they even ban countries without any old cheater member
    the unique cause for this banning is because of the max upload speed in this country
    and this what i call racism.
    In fact What apply this theorem:
    if all the isps in a country have a poor upload then this country should be banned
    if the list of banned countries is here anon should check that there are some countries that have never visited sbi
    This is in one hand. On the other hand

i had also another reason why to be angry is the ban 'cause cheating on another tracker
    this is really injustice
    Why to ban someone good on ur tracker 'cause he cheated on another
    All the ppl are good and naghty somewhere
    so why acting like that
    if u ban ppl for these reasons maybe u should ban them for being unfaithful to their wives

I won't talk about tophos staff for being so rude with their members for no reason
    Last edited by Velverde; 08.08.10 at 23:52.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast