utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1308

Oceans--> documentary

Name: Oceans
    Director:Jacques Perrin ,Jacques Cluzaud

It counted with a budget of 60 million euros, it was filmed in over 50 different places and took 3 years to film. The movie is a high-quality filming documentary featuring ocean animals. It reflects the need to respect nature and demonstrates the negative impact of human interaction on animals, to the point of favouring the disapearance of species.

Awesome Trailer
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (17.04.10) , SBfreak (16.04.10) , saebrtooth (15.04.10) , Blocker (14.04.10) , SealLion (14.04.10)

I think I'll watch this.
    All documentaries are mentally helpful and improve one's general knowledge.
    Plus they're entertaining and if you're into the subject it's perfect.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (18.04.10) , slikrapid (17.04.10) , SealLion (17.04.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    You know, I like nature documentaries but what I disagree with are attitudes from the film producers who suggest this:

to the point of favoring the disappearance of species.
    .....of the human species??
    Is that what is meant??
    I think so. Unless I"m wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong on what I'm about to state here, but.....

sure why not.

Let's just eliminate the entire human species as we know ourselves. Then all of nature can be enjoyed without ourselves actually having opportunities to enjoy what the natural world has for us to see and experience.

Then we wouldn't have to worry or concern ourselves with seeing the nice things in the oceans or even the planet itself. Like those jelly fish from the video that most of us never see except on TV. So when we see something that interesting, we think to ourselves: Gee..that's absolutely amazing!

If the producers favor the elimination of the human species as per the above quote ( apparently it's from the film producers), then I guess we wouldn't have to think about what's it like to smell nice pretty flowers or anything like that. ...you know...enjoy life.

We wouldn't even have any opportunities to actually see how bees make bee-hives or anything like that.
    Or even have opportunities to watch a spider make a spider-web, which if you've never seen something like that before is actually pretty cool.

We wouldn't even have to think or concern ourselves with meeting future wives or husbands and seeing our kids grow up.

We wouldn't even have opportunities to just plain and simply enjoy life even with the nice things that nature has for us to see and be custodians of.
    Since we are custodians of this planet anyways.

People who make such documentaries really don't have critical thinking skills, do they??

Like I say. I like nature docs, but I totally disagree with the lack of critical thinking skills that, apparently, the producer of this nature-doc must have.
    Last edited by SealLion; 17.04.10 at 01:40.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (18.04.10) , shawshankraj (17.04.10) , slikrapid (17.04.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    All documentaries are mentally helpful and improve one's general knowledge.
    that is, if they are truthfully depicting the subject at hand, without resorting to false information or biased views, trying to instruct the viewer what he should believe, ie. forming public opinion based on their own views (or that of their employers/financiers)

Quote Originally Posted by SealLion
    demonstrates the negative impact of human interaction on animals, to the point of favouring the disapearance of species.
    .....of the human species??
    imo it is not about the disappearance of human species (not directly anyways ), the point they are making is that humans supposedly have a negative impact on animals, to the point of disappearance of animal species

in some of my previous posts i commented on the 'disappearance of species', so i'll just quote myself on that one, to keep things in perspective:

then there are natural disasters that have no preference when it comes to choosing their victims and there have been many during the ages with a few notable ones as the supposed ice ages and/or according to some deluge(s), which as you may imagine have had a much more powerful influence on the animal/plant life in the past than humans ever did

so i would say there are many angles to take into consideration when dealing with this subject, one thing is for sure, reckless destruction of plants/animals should be avoided or minimized, since it may very well be true that our own existence (or that of the future generations) depends on it
    http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...574#post178989

naturally, since we as human beings need to ensure our own survival, there will be (and were) situations when it was necessary to choose between human life and animal/plant life, the resulting decision being an obvious one, and that is just how things in real life are, its all nice & dandy on the 'big screen', but in a survival situation, the stronger (or smarter) one will prevail - but, since we are aware of this problem, there is a possibility to save a large part of animal/plant life by being careful not to use unnecessarily extreme measures that may cause them to face extinction (like reducing pollution, excessive fishing/hunting/lumbering/weeding, poaching, eliminating GM crops until thoroughly researched, establishing & maintaining reservation areas and so on)

Quote Originally Posted by SealLion
    Let's just eliminate the entire human species as we know ourselves. Then all of nature can be enjoyed without ourselves actually having opportunities to enjoy what the natural world has for us to see and experience.
    you know, some are warning that there is a certain tendency to eliminate parts of humanity, those seen (by the supporters of this agenda, the 'elite' as they like to think of themselves) as inadequate/disabled (eugenics) or unimportant (poor) or impure (racially) or not-by-god-chosen (religiously, gentiles) or as surplus (depopulation) and so on

the global warming & animal extinction subjects are, among others, being used to manipulate ecologically/environmentally concerned citizens into financially supporting corporate projects (see who has established or controls all those large aid funds & organizations), with low or no actual improvement to the environment itself

now, concerning the trailer, it is an example of shameful disney self-praise propaganda (sounds like he invented nature-based documentaries or something ), as apparently they had actually no part in making of the documentary (their only role is simply distribution in usa!), it was done (narration, script, production, direction) by french filmmakers - if you check the wiki page for the movie there is not a single mention of any usa cooperation or participation except for the aforementioned mere distribution role

Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceans_%282010_film%29
    generally speaking, seems like this movie is more aiming at entertainment through astonishing imagery and less at actual documentary information (probably the reason why real documentaries tend to be slow and somewhat strenuous), as in reality animal (and human alike) life is mostly monotonous with (short) periods of excitement/action
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (18.04.10) , SealLion (17.04.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    With respect to the aforementioned quote about 'favoring the extinction of the species' are you suggesting that it is not about favoring the extinction of the human species so as to have all the various animals in nature's world survive and be free of negative human impacts but more so about how people favoring the extinction of some animal species??

Is this what your suggesting??

Or did I misunderstand something there??

and you know about this here:

the global warming & animal extinction subjects....
    I agree. I think that the global warming theories aren't just a fraud and a sham used to manipulate people into thinking that there is a global environmental crisis at hand and that the way to eliminate such a crisis is to accept the standards that have been implemented, rather than to know about other theories which explain global warming trends alternatively.

Like the idea that global warming is actually a period that the earth is experiencing again. As apparently global climate trends have happened before. This is just another one of those trends and periods.

There are many such good films available on the internet. Most notably on Google Video that mentions one about the global warming swindle.

I'm sorry, shawshankraj.
    I feel like I"ve hijacked your thread.
    I'm gonna have to give you a big rep to make up for it all and leave you a nice 'kissy-kissy' Visitor message from some nice girl.

...you'll like her.
    Last edited by SealLion; 17.04.10 at 23:05.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

shawshankraj (18.04.10) , saebrtooth (18.04.10) , slikrapid (17.04.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    With respect to the aforementioned quote about 'favoring the extinction of the species' are you suggesting that it is not about favoring the extinction of the human species so as to have all the various animals in nature's world survive and be free of negative human impacts but more so about how people favoring the extinction of some animal species??
    well, directly/literally and openly it is about (to the point of favoring...) the extinction of some animal species, which is the main subject, and naturally, their point-to-make is that humans are the culprits for this extinction...but underneath this (indirectly, the possible background agenda) there may be present an aim to eliminate parts of the human species as i mentioned above - as you suspected in your first post
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (18.04.10) , saebrtooth (18.04.10)

+ Reply to Thread