+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wikileaks: U.S. Intelligence planned to destroy WikiLeaks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Wikileaks: U.S. Intelligence planned to destroy WikiLeaks

I haven't posted something from Wikileaks for quite some time, so I figure I best be getting to it. Apparantly, wikileaks is still trying to raise funds; however, they do have some leaks available.

Here is one that doesn't surprise me.

this current Wikileaks report is from 2008; however, it is posted there for a reason being 2 years old. It's to demonstrate that people with a conscience and organizations with a conscience, do survive against the vices or corruption (..ooohh, I like that term. )

Not only that, but that some plans to quite those people and organizations with a conscience, can and do fail. For various reasons, of/c.

So anyways, apparently, Wikileaks was under threat to be taken down at one point.
    The Germans once tried to do it.
    The Australian government was also unhappy with Wikileaks at one point, and so now, the US military also did try an attempt to quiet Wikileaks.

I hope that Wikileaks survives for a long time yet to come.

Wikileaks, IMO, is quite an important resource for providing information on corruption around the world. The US, like many other national governments and international corporations, are not immune to corruption.

Wikileaks has a PDF on this particular document, but I"ll just present a short brief of what's on the web site there:

......`The possibility that current employees or moles within DoD or elsewhere in the U.S. government are providing sensitive or classified information to WikiLeaks.org cannot be ruled out''. It concocts a plan to fatally marginalize the organization
    Seems like someone inside the US military had a conscience. And because someone inside the US military had a conscience, the generals and colonels didn't take a particular favor to that.

I would also say that the type of sensitive information being provided is also important.

Let's say the information pertains to abuse of prisoners in the prisoner camp in Cuba or another example could be what type of torture may be used by interrogators against Muslim persons from Afghanistan or Iraq.

Those are just hypothetical examples. But I placed those here as example-providing only.

So I think that you might get the idea with what I'm about to speak of.......

Anyone can say that 'such and such' type of information is sensitive. Sensitive is not objective. I would say it is more subjective than anything else.

And using such a subjective term could have some interesting implications with respect to legal proceedings against any persons that the legal-begals from the US military consider prime suspects for long-term jailing.

It could possibly not be really all that sensitive with respect to national security, yet may only be politically embarrassing if exposed, yet classified as sensitive.

Understand??

See, .....wording and how words are used can be utilized in any manner or fashion. As long as it suits the person who's interest is highest.

.....The identification, exposure, termination of employment, criminal prosecution, legal action against current or former insiders, leakers, or whistleblowers ..... deter others considering similar actions from using the WikiLeaks.org Web site''
    ...see what I mean??

So apparently, this plan by the US military at one point did not succeed.

.......As two years have passed since the date of the report, with no WikiLeaks' source exposed, it appears that this plan was ineffective.....
    Wikileaks has a lot of enemies around the world. IT has enemies because it exposes corruption where-ever it's whistle-blowers are located.

This of/c is something that is a threat to those involved. Governments and corporations alike, tend to like secrets and want to keep them.
    Some of those secrets, if it wasn't for people with a conscience, would remain secrets and make us never aware of those things exposed.

.....As an odd justification for the plan, the report claims that ``Several foreign countries including China, Israel, North Korea, Russia, Vietnam, and Zimbabwe have denounced or blocked access to the WikiLeaks.org website''

Here's something else:
    And dont' say I didn't say so....

.....The report provides further justification by enumerating embarrassing stories broken by WikiLeaks---U.S. equipment expenditure in Iraq, probable U.S. violations of the Chemical Warfare Convention Treaty in Iraq, the battle over the Iraqi town of Fallujah and human rights violations at Guantanamo Bay.

I told you so.

Remember what I spoke of above re: politically embarrassing moments??
    Ya...that's what I mean.

Here's the link:

Scroll down to the following when you get down to the website and read the brief article that's there on this issue:

15. Mar. 2010: U.S. Intelligence planned to destroy WikiLeaks, 18 Mar 2008
    YOu can download the PDF and read it if you like.

enjoy.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (07.04.10) , slikrapid (06.04.10)

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    Here's some more interestig reading but this time its back to 2007
    Leaked U.S. video shows deaths of Reuters' Iraqi staffers | Reuters
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SBcheater (07.04.10) , slikrapid (06.04.10) , SealLion (06.04.10) , tokiodrift1 (06.04.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    i'm a bit confused here, looking at the wikileaks site there is just a handful of recent documents available and a large support-us section, unless i'm missing something, where are all the other leaked documents, from previous months/years?

Quote Originally Posted by wikileaks
    Even $10 will pay to put one of these reports into another ten thousand hands and $1000, a million.
    wtf are they talking about, the reports are supposed to be sent by e-mail (rarely in the form of a hard copy) to relevant persons/organizations, as for the rest all they need is a web site for browsing the material available

other costs should be similar to any other non-profit organization

btw, wouldn't be a bad idea to show what accomplishments have their leaks achieved so far

also it seems there are some contradictory statements here:

Quote Originally Posted by wikileaks
    WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff. Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Video of the incident from two U.S. Apache helicopters and photographs taken of the scene were shown to Reuters editors in an off-the-record briefing in Baghdad on July 25, 2007.

U.S. military officers who presented the materials said Reuters had to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to get copies. This request was made the same day.

Turner said the military had released documents to Reuters last year (2009) in response to the FOIA request showing the presence of weapons on the scene, including AK-47 rifles and an RPG 7 grenade launcher.
    so what happened? the leaked information was useless, so they are now 'beating a dead horse' or something? seems that if there was something suspicious, the military covered their tracks well
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (07.04.10)

VIP
    P2P Client
    legal, illegal, scheißegal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss10437
    this all remembered on the movie [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_Now]Apocalypse Now - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

but I think the training based on Rambo...

best regards

Wer versucht zu rennen, bevor er laufen kann, kommt meistens zu Fall

stop animal experiments, take child molesters - they like pain!

Besser man bereut was man getan hat, anstatt zu bereuen das man es unterlassen hat
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    ....where are all the other leaked documents, from previous months/years?
    I think that they took these off line as an incentive for regular viewers of their site, to make financial contributions.

Wikileaks has been like this for the last few months as I keep going back there once in awhile to see if they have their site fully operational.

Unfortunately, they don't and as such, my guess is that they continue to not present any of their previous leaks in the hopes that people will make some contribution.
    Thats my guess.

From what I understand, Wikileaks has got about 50% of their funds raised so far. My guess is that once they have all the money that they need for their yearly operational costs, the whole website will be like it was before.

btw, wouldn't be a bad idea to show what accomplishments have their leaks achieved so far
    probably. But IMO, I think what might happen is that, once what-ever leak(s) occur and hit the shit-fans, most of the material and associated news get's to the local media and as a result (hopefully) there are pertinent corrections made over what-ever leaks caused the shit to fly.

but yes, it might be a decent idea. You would think that with the effort that Wikileaks pulls in for effort to ensure that the shit does fly over what-ever leaks, some follow-up could occur with respect to the leaks.

As for the contradictory info, IDK...maybe someone in military uniform does have good skills in covering their tracks.
    Who knows.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (07.04.10) , slikrapid (07.04.10)

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    The military has the backing of the US government, I would think they have just about unlimited resources to do as they please. If the US government was to hack into Google they would make the Chinese attempt look stupid.
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (07.04.10) , slikrapid (07.04.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by saebrtooth View Post
    If the US government was to hack into Google they would make the Chinese attempt look stupid.
    or they would/could make it look as if the chinese were to blame
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (07.04.10) , saebrtooth (07.04.10)

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    I read that if hackers were trying to hack and they would at least route their commands through many countries let alone servers of the same country. I would think that anonmity would be the first consideration of any hacker. Damit even Hollywood knows this simple rule let alone as the US gov say elite and sophisticated Chinese hackers
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (07.04.10) , slikrapid (07.04.10)

+ Reply to Thread