+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BBC NEWS: Clinton rebukes Israel over East Jerusalem homes

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

BBC NEWS: Clinton rebukes Israel over East Jerusalem homes

You know, I just get a kick out of reading this article from BBC News wherein H. Clinton rebuked the Israeli PM over the illegal settlements that have been happening there since 1967.

Since 1967!!

Israel is finally rebuked....er...let me see now...that's about around 43 years since Israel started building illegal settlement homes in the West Bank.
    For something like this to have happen from Israel's strongest and unwavering ally, is actually laughable.

You would think that a government that talked of the morality of freedom from repression from Cuba's communist government since Castro and his brother throned themselves dictators of Cuba;
    talked of freedom from the old Soviet regime and it's 'evil empire' (as Ronald Reagan called it);
    talked of freedom from the strong influence that the old Soviet Union had on some African states;
    talked of more fundamental freedoms and eliminations of torture from Chinese gulags;
    freedom from North Korea's dictatorship;
    and so on and son on.....

You would think that you could have expected this kind of rebuke to have happened much, much earlier in spite of the strong and influential lobby groups that are Pro-Israel, the strong Christian Pro-Zionist groups in the States, and the massive amount of funding that Israel gets from these organizations including the US government itself.

Even after all these things existing to place Israel as a 'favored' nation state and super-close ally of the States, Israel is finally rebuked.
    What a joke!!

I am of the opinion that this 'rebuke' is not really a rebuke, but more so an indication of the hypocrisy that the US is seen as by other nation states and even individuals in it's own country who don't agree with the aggressive foreign policies that it invokes upon foreign waters and lands.

As far as my opinion on this is, this is basically a show.
    That's correct. A show that 's kind of like made to appease the growing demand that the US, being Isreal's closest ally, finally do something.

Meanwhile, if you look under the hood, you'll probably see that the funding won't stop, nor will the moral support for Israel stop, nor will the the continuing saga of building settlements, which by the way, have never been sanctioned or even accepted as legitimate by the UN or even on other international fronts.

Look folks, if any other country did something like what Israel does today to the Palestinians, like to the people in Gaza, i.e. economically starving that city and even starving it's people of proper infrastructure and also of food where the black-market does thrive ( I made a news article about that some ago) , there would be massive international out crying against such behavior.

But since Israel is so heavily funded by outside sources and receives heavy moral support from the US and from the EU, Israel doesn't need to worry too much.

Like I say folks, this is only a show. It's made purely for appeasement purposes.

Let's have a peek at the news, shall we....

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has sharply rebuked Israel over its recent decision to build new settlements in East Jerusalem.
    Now check this out. This is what get's me. Either I was born just yesterday and I don't understand a damn thing, or Mrs. Clinton is the worst liar I've come across.

Have a look at this quote below.

Read it carefully with respect to the treatment that the Palestinians have been receiving for over 50 years and that no-one has ever done any kind of rebuking until now, even though the plain facts of these events have been happening in Israel since man invented the bacon and eggs.

"The secretary said she could not understand how this happened, particularly in light of the United States's strong commitment to Israel's security,"
    I don't get it. She ( Hillary Clinton) could not understand how this happened??

Either all the leaders of the US have been blind since birth ;
    been purposefully looking the other way while very highly influential Zionists of an ultra-nationalists tendency for Israel have been plotting their own as well as the moves of it's closest ally for the last number of decades both abroad in the US, the UN, Australia, Canada, Russia, various European states such as Germany, the UK, and France, as well as inside Israel by invoking a falsified fear of Jewish destruction upon Israel's very own population;
    ... or I was just born yesterday and don't have a clue what's going on.

For those of you just coming on and are not familiar with how, what, and why Zionism is since I made mention of the word: 'zionism' above, I made a news post here some time ago that I felt, gave a fairly accurate definition of Zionism.

Here's the same link. It's a bit of a read but once you read it, I think that you may understand things a little bit clearer with respect to how, why, and what Zionism is.
    Take the time to read it, if you like.

Here's that same LInk: Zionism Unmasked

So let's continue...

"She ( Hillary Clinton) made clear that the Israeli government needed to demonstrate not just through words but through specific actions that they are committed to this relationship and to the peace process."
    Well, I;ll say one thing here and that those specific actions don't include sealing of parts of Jerusalem and making those parts of that city 'heritage' areas for the specific intent to prohibit Palestinians from traveling over to those areas as that is exactly what the Israeli government did recently.

IMO, Israel doesn't want peace. The Zionists envision an Israeli state in which it has virtually eliminated all traces of Palestinian culture, heritage, language, custom, livelihood, and the very lives of Palestinians. And after all that's been done, have illegally taken thier land under the falsified pretext that those Palesitinain lands all-along, belonged to Israel from the farthest reaches of time in that area.

That could not be further from the truth.

Israelites have been living in that region of the Middle - East for eons alongside people of Muslim decent.

It wasn't until when Israel was carved out of that region in 1948 by the UK and the beginning's of an organization that we all now know as the UN, that an actual state of Israel was officially created.

Both Israelis' and non-Israeli people's have been living in that region for millenia.

And as such, Israel has no credible claim stating that those lands belonged to it's people alone. Those lands belong to all the inhabitants there and that includes Palestinians.

.......the US, Russia, the EU and the UN - also condemned the Israeli housing announcement......
    that quote above is again, like what Hillary Clinton is doing, only meant to appease Israel's international critics as well as inside it's homeland.

After this so called criticism has blown over, things will no doubt get back to normal. That includes but is not limited to:
    --Wall building to pocketize Palestinians and eventually squeeze them out;
    --systematic destruction of an entire people and their land;
    --creating more falsehoods as constructed under the auspices of Zionism;
    --continued international funding;
    --continued illegal settlement building;
    --stealing arable land from the Palestinians and making the falsified claim that those lands historically belonged to Israel and can thus be used for it's illegal housing and settlement program;
    --starving the people from Gaza city in various methods and ways that I've already explained above;
    --and so on and so on.....

And if you were not familiar with what I meant by the word 'pocketize' above, have a look at this picture here ( the same picture exist on the BBC news website).

When looking at it, you'll see a little clearer how Palestinians are squeezed into virtual non-existence in the area that they formerly inhabited as those areas are marketed for future illegal settlement and housing to expand Israel's borders.

Now have you ever wondered what one of the reasons for peace talks stalling is??
    Here's a superficial reason:

Israeli and Palestinian leaders had agreed to hold indirect, "proximity talks" in a bid to restart the peace process, which has been stalled for more than a year......the Palestinian Authority said talks would be "very difficult" if the plans for the homes were not rescinded.
    That's just a superficial reason. IMO, there are underlying reasons as to why this regional conflict goes on and on and will never come to an end. You can pray and hope all you like that it'll come to a peaceful end.
    But I can't see it coming to that.

Recall how I mention that settlement in the region by Israel is illegal.
    It's true it is:

Close to 500,000 Jews live in more than 100 settlements built since Israel's 1967 occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem. They are illegal under international law,.....
    yet, after all these years, we have one of Israel's strongest moral supporters for all things Israel, making a 'rebuke'.
    That rebuke is a farce.

It's only to intentionally appease it's critiques for not doing enough, never having done enough, and turning a blind eye to same people that have become the same enemy that tortured and molested them over 60 years ago in Europe.

But you know, this is what Christian Zionists in the States and elsewhere abroad ( including Israel too) have been known to be good at: To deceive, to lie, to create falsehoods; to create unwarranted fear upon the population that it feels it's doing a 'good service' to.

Under the belief that Jews will one day 'convert' to Christianity and as thus, belief they ( the Christian Zionists) are doing their moral and spiritual duty...nothing could be further than the truth.

Finally, Here's the link to the BBC article:

"God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (19.03.10) , GotIt (14.03.10) , slikrapid (14.03.10) , Blocker (13.03.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    You know, I just get a kick out of reading this article from BBC News wherein H. Clinton rebuked the Israeli PM over the illegal settlements that have been happening there since 1967.

Since 1967!!

Israel is finally rebuked....er...let me see now...that's about around 43 years since Israel started building illegal settlement homes in the West Bank.
    For something like this to have happen from Israel's strongest and unwavering ally, is actually laughable.
    well, the way i understood the article is that she rebuked only the recent settlements (1,600 new housing units to be built in what, 2010?) not mentioning any other ones

as for the illegal settlements, it may have just as well been illegal for the jewish immigrants to build their settlements when they first started coming into palestine in massive waves (by tens of thousands) from various parts of the world, somewhere around 1897, as i'm pretty sure that the governing ottoman and later british officials never asked the local population if they would be willing to accept massive immigrants from other countries (come to think about it, no country would allow something like that) and it is very strange (meaning, intentional) that this immigration trend continued (even today!)

thus, it is quite reasonable to assume that illegal jewish settlements were made from a much earlier period of time, yet only after 1948 they were legalized under the state of israel and later on israeli laws/regulations were modified in order to create further palestinian exoduses (as part of ethnic cleansing if you will) squeezing them into ever-confining areas of israel and out of it...then comes 1967 with the six day 'war' (if you thought the israeli war of independence was a suspicious one, then this so called war is a way better candidate for a staged conflict, as i find it very hard to convince anyone that a war can last for just less than a week )...after which israel occupies the west bank so the future settlements there are legalized (in israeli eyes) after that event and up to the present day the situation is at least as follows (if not worse):

Close to 500,000 Jews live in more than 100 settlements built since Israel's 1967 occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem. They are illegal under international law, although Israel disputes this.
    the (il)legality is a stretchable term, that will later undoubtedly be fixed prevalently in israel's favor, because, even if we take their enormous power of influence worldwide out of the equation, as the former usa president clearly described, the future agreements will have to take the real-time 'field' situation into consideration, and that one 'goes by the number' of 500,000+, which will most probably remain where they already are, transforming 'illegal' into 'legal' with a simple argument: how can you solve one ethnic cleansing with another one?

notice how the israeli actions (or more correctly actions that receive international criticism) have in the meantime been localized onto the 2 ghetto zones (west bank & gaza), only these two are subjects of discussion/criticism (a confirmation for this can be seen on for example the Reporters Without Borders site where they clearly make a distinction between israel & palestinian territories), meaning that the rest of israel is not being questioned even if that territory is where most of the ghetto-ised palestinians actually come from (have been driven out from)

as for the rebuke itself, imo its just a way to (later) prove usa & israel are not unison in all goals/opinions, just a PR stunt emphasizing usa 'impartiality' without actual real consequences or 'weight' behind it

Quote Originally Posted by SealLion
    if any other country did something like what Israel does today to the Palestinians, like to the people in Gaza, i.e. economically starving that city and even starving it's people of proper infrastructure and also of food ... there would be massive international out crying against such behavior.
    unfortunately i wouldn't count on it, it may significantly depend on how the actions are politically & media-wise interpreted, as for example, economic sanctions against some country basically have the same aforementioned effects on the sanctioned country (its population), something that has already happened to the population of iraq and may happen to iran too

"The secretary said she could not understand how this happened, particularly in light of the United States's strong commitment to Israel's security,"
    I don't get it. She ( Hillary Clinton) could not understand how this happened??
    i don't get how 'usa commitment to israel's security' has anything to do with 'the announcement of new israeli settlements', must be that the scattered 'one man' outposts felt insecure without big settlement walls, for more on outposts (and on zionism too) see this:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...827#post167179

IMO, Israel doesn't want peace. The Zionists envision an Israeli state in which it has virtually eliminated all traces of Palestinian culture, heritage, language, custom, livelihood, and the very lives of Palestinians. And after all that's been done, have illegally taken thier land under the falsified pretext that those Palesitinain lands all-along, belonged to Israel from the farthest reaches of time in that area.
    there is only one definition for this kind of behavior - it is called genocide

Israelites have been living in that region of the Middle - East for eons alongside people of Muslim decent.
    for the sake of clarity i can add that the jews were heavily outnumbered by arabic people & palestinians before those massive jewish immigrations started (to see just how much i'll use the wikipedia number for 1900: 94% arabs & palestinians) and even some time after the creation of the state of israel, but naturally, since the continuous immigration was almost constant, supported with the expulsions of palestinians from their territories through various methods, the demographic reality has changed over past decades and now it is favoring israelis (again from wikipedia for 2006.: 77% jews in israel alone or about 60% including the 'palestinian territories', ie. west bank & gaza)

Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#Current_demographics
    It wasn't until when Israel was carved out of that region in 1948 by the UK...
    the uk was an accomplice to the creation of the state of israel and to the immigrations of jews in that area (while under uk jurisdiction), furthermore they continued such politics for years after, as it is speculated that this kind of behavior was agreed upon in order to gain financial support from the jewish bankers to support the allied side of the ww2

on the other hand, palestinians should have had priority back in 1948 on the territorial distribution, since they were the majority (about 2/3 of the population at that time), but obviously they had low or no global influence which is the main reason why the israelis prevailed - judging from later developments the silent approval was brokered with other arab countries, leaving the palestinians at the mercy of wealthy, powerful & ruthless 'newcomers'

in addition it may be said that the UN partition plan for palestine was used as the excuse for starting large scale military conflicts, all of which were fabricated/staged in favor of israel so that after every major conflict it gained more & more territory, expelling large numbers of palestinians, finally 'rounding 'em up' into the 2 aforementioned ghettos

Under the belief that Jews will one day 'convert' to Christianity and as thus, belief they ( the Christian Zionists) are doing their moral and spiritual duty...
    by supporting zionist goals or the jewish state or the 'god given country' for the 'by god chosen people' etc. meaning no kind of proof/evidence will change their minds

...nothing could be further than the truth
    well, they have been indoctrinated into such beliefs, through years of indoctrination (aka education)

btw, there are perverse elements in this belief-system, as i assume they may also believe the palestinians should just be passive, endure torture, turn the other cheek when hit and so on, as any good christian would do...but would they really do it? and more appropriately, would/should anyone do it?
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (19.03.10) , GotIt (14.03.10) , SealLion (14.03.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I find it an interesting speculation that the English did possibly try to garner financial support from Jewish bankers for support during WWII.
    How did you find this out, if I may ask??

I have to agree with you regarding the idea that the Arabs and thier Israeli neighbors had their wars staged so as to gain more and more real-estate in the region. This I believe to accurate.

I find it unreasonable that the Arabs, even today, remain silent on the issue of the atrocities happening in Gaza.

Yes, it may be true that superficially there is support from the Arab states in the region, but when one looks under the hood, the silence is deafening.
    I hardly ever read of the protestations of Arab states, other than Iran, against the abuses of the Palestinian's having their lands taken away from them and of the ghetto that is Gaza, made only possible by the Israeli security blockade of the area.

I don't recall any news from countries such as Iraq on the illegitimate behavior of Israel over this. Most likely b/c of the heavy influence of the US and it's partners there. The compliance that Iraq has with Israel over this is more than obvious.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (19.03.10) , GotIt (14.03.10) , slikrapid (14.03.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    I find it an interesting speculation that the English did possibly try to garner financial support from Jewish bankers for support during WWII.
    well, can't remember the exact source, but it can be said that most of the zionist achievements were either connected with their influence or with their financial abilities/wealth, which were undoubtedly invested in the ww2 opposing sides (can any bank resist war-time interest rates?), granting them leverage to ask for favors during & after the war, as its quite striking how they managed to use the war-time situation to their advantage and still remain 'unpunished' for acting the way they did/do for all these years
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (19.03.10) , GotIt (14.03.10)

+ Reply to Thread