+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Al Jazeera English: Amnesty slams Iran's rights record

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Al Jazeera English: Amnesty slams Iran's rights record

Human rights are an important issue. An issue that you and I sitting in our comfy living rooms while others get threatened and abused, take for granted.

There's innumerable amount's of people all over the world that are abused, threatened, even have their families threatened if the subject should speak out and voice his complaints against some individual, organization, or corrupt government.

Human rights violations in Iran are as bad as at any point in the last 20 years, Amnesty International, the human rights group, has said.

Amnesty's report, .......examines allegations of torture, rape, death threats, forced confessions, intimidation, cover-ups and unlawful killings in the period after the country's disputed presidential election in June
    and apparently, according to some reports, those elections in Iran were rigged.
    I can't say for sure as I don't live there. I just like to examine the news every now and then.

Unlawful beatings aren't new. Unlawful beatings even occur from people athat are from countries that you'd expect this sort of behavior NOT to occur HINT: Abu Gharib. and the detention center in Cuba

But there's other countries too. Egypt is known for human right's abuses as well as Jordan. This includes countries in South America, as well as Asia: China is one and so is Burma.

Mexico is another country that is also known for corruption and abuse of human rights.
    Take for example the military abuses that include killings, torture, rapes, and arbitrary detentions that involve that country's military court system which apparently does not provide justice in cases involving military abuses against Mexican civilians which in some cases argues there is no evidence that any soldier committed any crime.

But let's continue, shall we....

HEre's what apparantly happened after that country's elections:

The report claimed "patterns of abuse" before, during and after the election, when authorities deployed the the Basij militia and Revolutionary Guards to suppress mass protests against its disputed outcome.........Mass demonstrations against the re-election of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, plunged the Islamic Republic into crisis.
    I realize that there's many world leaders that would like to see this person step down or be delivered in some way from the leadership that he currently holds there.
    I once made an article not too long ago about where I questioned the truthfullness of some reports on how some governments, in this particular case, I think that it was Iran, having fear from it's own population.

I think I have to admit here that I am beginning to question my own opinion on that.
    Perhaps the Iranian leaders do have fear from their own populace after all.

Let's continue though, ...

However, opposition rallies no longer muster the huge crowds that flooded the streets immediately after the June 12 ballot.
    That could be because of an expression of fear from the populace.

Mirhossein Mousavi, a defeated election candidate, has alleged that the vote was rigged ........(and ) Some of those detained during the protests have since been forced to flee the country, the report said.
    There's also a short 2 min. video on the weblink.
    It's about a man that fled to Turkey and now is expressing his fear for his own life as well as stating that the election was rigged.
    Apparantly, he may have also been visited by someone that comes from Iran. Possibly someone from the Iranian security services. That's what he believes.

HEre's the link:

enjoy

"God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (26.02.10) , GotIt (25.02.10)

P2P Client
    Vuzemaster
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    and apparently, according to some reports, those elections in Iran were rigged.
    There definetly should be a way for an unbiased international entity to organise elections in such a way that rigging can not happen...

And I really can't understand why say the UN won't step in to help at least Burma etc. I can understand why Serbia might now want to let go of Kosovo, being where the Kosovo War happened, but countries like Iran and Burma are a whole different story. The Government is controlling the people (or the military junta in Burma's case) and the people are suffering.

Other than that, I agree with alot of what you said, so I couldnt really put much opinion out

(Again, this post is only my opinion)
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (25.02.10)

+ Reply to Thread