+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vuze Imminent Blacklisting - The Repercussions

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39519
    Quote Originally Posted by SBfreak View Post
    That's not going to happen.Public trackers will still allow vuze and so other trackers.If one or two banned vuze that doesn't mean it's the end of cheating nor vuze.
    Agreed. It may look like there's a crackdown on Vuze just because a few (important) private trackers will ban it soon, but it's still the client of choice for millions of users on both public and other private sites. As a Java application it's cross-platform, meaning every OS there's a JRE available for can run it. And while its resource usage isn't the same as uTorrent's, BitComet's, etc., if you have a semi-decent computer with enough RAM, you shouldn't have any major inconveniences running it.

I'll say it - this would have been a major headache for us two years ago, when ghostfucker's spoof didn't exist, pretty much all ratio tools were buggy, and the only way for Azureus to pose as a different client was using the clientspoof by plugin, which gave you limited choices, sent faulty announces, and didn't work for peers, only for the tracker.

But we have advanced light-years since then. Look, switching to a "different" client is a matter of choosing its name and version below the Extreme Mod's spoof settings and restarting Azureus. Also, the RM sends flawless announces, and you can make it emulate anything via the respective client files.

A good point mentioned in this thread is how the Vuze developers may lose motivation if their client is increasingly banned from more sites - but hey, what was first? Private or public trackers? Should they stop coding a fully-featured BitTorrent client just because some sites don't allow it? They didn't when Shu made his mod of it, or DDJ took over and kept it updated without asking for donations to access "no upload" and "no download report to peers", or ghostfucker added his perfect spoof to precisely prevent this decision from having the major effect I mentioned above.

In short, people: nothing to worry about. I'd be more worried if public trackers banned Vuze
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    bitrcomet
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss179
    The real problem is that the field of spoofs has narrowed; most of the VEM spoofs will make you stick out like a sore thumb on the peerlist...

On the other hand, non-cheating users on waffles is rebelling, I dunno about what.cd. The thread is amazingly long, check it out. They're banning members left and right for forum disrespect; it's absolutely hilarious. Reminds of the Soviet shows trials of the 30s..

Internet drama has never been so.. serious....
    Last edited by nishant; 19.02.10 at 22:40.
    Thanks

It's clearly that waffles and what are losing more honest members than cheater by doing this.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss157
    I too tend to think they are losing good members and all, but it seems we are only trying to pacify ourselves.

We need to think about alternatives as well.

On that note, is transmission mod good for BMTV??
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    Quote Originally Posted by fooltoo View Post
    I too tend to think they are losing good members and all, but it seems we are only trying to pacify ourselves.

On that note, is transmission mod good for BMTV??
    Its only a matter of time...

regarding transmission for BMTV

Transmission/1.22 (6228)
    Transmission/1.51 (79*)
    Transmission/1.52 (82*)
    Transmission/1.53
    Transmission/1.54
    Transmission/1.60
    Transmission/1.61
    Transmission/1.76
    Transmission/1.77
    Transmission/1.83 TRIAL ONLY
    Transmission/1.90 STABLE
    more info on 1st page
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

Seriously,am I the only one that remembers we have a perfect spoof...?
    more info on 1st page
    I think he's trying to know if http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=18936 works at BMTV.

@fooltoo: look below lol
    Last edited by SBfreak; 20.02.10 at 18:16.
    Thanks

Tracker fail

Here's why I love twitter.

I'm expecting the same news from the other 2 trackers.
    Last edited by SBfreak; 20.02.10 at 16:52.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Mihai (20.02.10) , MacGyver (20.02.10) , darklight (20.02.10) , Blocker (20.02.10)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39519
    I remember that too, but that's as far as it goes.

@fooltoo: I think you should make a separate thread.The only one I could find was a BMTV and SCT combined cheating thread.
    13:33 20/02/2010: memcached HIT

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...?threadid=9366
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    I think he's trying to know if http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthre...threadid=18936 works at BMTV.
    just depends on the torrent. technicallly this is as 'clean' as the original. no flaws at all.
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    post#21
    ============
    post#6
    Perfect spoof?
    Plus there are lots of other cheating tools/mods/methods.
    post#7
    Quote Originally Posted by saebrtooth View Post
    SBfreak please refer to what i said about perfect spoof already in first post.

And as at current there is not one client that can take over the reigns of VEM in terms of full featuredness
    post#8
    I think I missed that phrase.
    What do you mean by "protection of perfect spoof"
    post#9
    That sentense is to be read in context. I meant the protection that Perfect Spoof provides user so that trackers do not see VEM as Vuze, so called protection. Now the contex was that eventhough there exists the benfits of Perfect Spoof it may not outweight the detriments that come with a (possibly) neglected client.
    Thats whats meant by my mentioning of Perfect Spoof. Its not forgotten as my previous numerous posts attest to. And I also state:
    post#1
    Since VEM has the protection of perfect spoof I do not foresee in the immediate future repercusions for VEM coders and users.
    Im not saying VEM has become bad, its the very opposite. Its my main BT mod/tool and rely on it heavily. I just dont want to see it in decline.

The pattern has been in these past couple of years that trackers have been warning of blacklisting, now the pattern has changed from warning to implementing blacklisting.

Its only a few trackers and we are at hopefully only the initial stages. I hope that this doesnt happen at all as most of you I think, think the same. But we should be wary that due to a change in 'pattern' we should make at backup plan too.

If and when trackers start to accelerate their bad view of Vuze and it in turn will affect VEM then we need to have a backup before that happens. Hopefully it doesnt happen and we can all enjoy a well rounded cliend/mod by exellent modders. But if my view becomes true then what can we do?

The Coders could come together and move all the java codes into a tight and light-weight mod where its only purpose was to
    download / upload
    hack ratio
    spoof client
    enable plugins for mainline and other source finding plugins
    or whatever else

Remove all the other unnecessary things where security would be a major issue. The plugins might be a secuity issue too but that should be optionaly enabled for those concerned.

What everyone's thoughts?
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saebrtooth
    Im not saying VEM has become bad, its the very opposite. Its my main BT mod/tool and rely on it heavily. I just dont want to see it in decline.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBf
    That's not going to happen.Public trackers will still allow vuze and so other trackers.If one or two banned vuze that doesn't mean it's the end of cheating nor vuze.
    For the love of waffles and .cdees not going to happen lol.Stop worrying.
    The pattern has been in these past couple of years that trackers have been warning of blacklisting, now the pattern has changed from warning to implementing blacklisting.
    I only saw four..Ipt with warining,BMTV that gave up and waffles and what.cd that permanently banned vuze.
    Its only a few trackers and we are at hopefully only the initial stages. I hope that this doesnt happen at all as most of you I think, think the same. But we should be wary that due to a change in 'pattern' we should make at backup plan too.
    Backup plan..hmm sounds nice.It's always good to have a backup plan.There's only one problem.
    Coding is HARD
    Saw the awesome discontinued faze mod?? That's an example.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (21.02.10)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39519
    The Faze Mod can spoof BitTornado. Unless they ban that as well (seems RevTT already began), it's still a good mod if you get to upload. Shareaza SBI-Leecher can also do that, and it has fake upload and a bunch of other cheating modes.

And in the extreme case of us being unable to use any mod (which won't happen), there's the RM. We'd just need to be careful when faking download, or snatch stuff with uTorrent, stop it there, set the finished % to 100, run the memory reader, and begin faking upload.

Neither this nor any future decisions tracker staff make will mean the end of cheating.
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (21.02.10)

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1624
    sure,

IMHO Faze Mod with more spoof clients will be wonderful
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (21.02.10)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39519
    It would be wonderful. Unless we're lucky and its development is resumed in the future.
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (21.02.10)

P2P Client
    Bangladesh Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss196
    Apparently the list of trackers banning Vuze has just grown by one more. According to a conversation in the BitmeTv shoutbox, PassThePopcorn is about to ban Vuze as well. Hopefully, someone here can confirm this.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast