+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Al Jazeera English: Israel acts on West Bank wall order

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Al Jazeera English: Israel acts on West Bank wall order

Check it out. A small victory for the Palestinians.

Israel has begun rerouting a section of its controversial separation barrier near the West Bank village of Bilin following a two-and-a-half-year-old court ruling
    That's the same wall that I've mentioned that separates Palestinians from their farmland, which has been confiscated on the grounds that it was needed to build settlements (which is partly true as that is what is happening there) so that in future, Israel could claim legal grounds of ownership to these "once-held-by-Palestinians", land.
    Basically making it look like Israel had legal title to these lands.

"We win a round of the game but we didn't win the game yet so we will continue in our struggle ... to dismantle this wall and this settlement," he said, referring to the Jewish settlement of Modiin Ilit which lies on the other side of the barrier.

He said that the partial re-routing had effectively frozen the settlement's expansion
    well, that's good news. Albeit it'll only be a small victory. But victories are what Palestinians need, IMHO.
    But this victory was probably propagated to make it look like Israel, amongst all the criticism that it has been given over settlements and the construction of this disgusting wall, had lost some ground on this issue.

IMO, this court settlement was probably engineered so that the Palestinians received a decision that was favorable to them.

Workers laid down tracks for the new route and, once the new section is built, the part of the barrier currently standing around Bilin will reportedly be removed.

That will return about 700,000 square metres to the Palestinian side of the wall
    Probably some of that land might be agri-based land. The article does not state.

The separation barrier cuts into the West Bank, away from the so-called Green Line which marks the ceasefire line agreed at the end of the 1948-49 war that followed the creation of Israel.
    yes, that was when Israel was created by a number of UN member states. Namely one of them being the UK.

That was also the start of a nationalistic philosophy in Israel called Zionism.
    What is Zionism??
    It's basically a type of nationalism like any other.
    In many cases, nationalism is based on 'for the nation'.

Zionism is no different.
    Other than the definition of Zionism found in Wikepedia or even on on-line dictionary, I've found a decent one here:

...... Zionism is clearly a nationalist ideology, that narrow framing does the term an injustice as it is so much more........Zionism is more accurately described as a strategy for targeting thought and emotion as a means to influence behavior........Zionism is first and foremost a mental state that manifests as a dispersed form of internalized nationalism ......... After 1967, this “state” became the “Land of Israel” based on a more expansive area seized by Israel Defense Forces along with other occupied lands that Zionists claim a god gave them
    In other words, Israelis had no basis for ownership of said lands.
    Yes they lived there for 1000's of years, but that was alongside other people's living there too in that same region.

Zionism recruits by sustaining a shared sense of insecurity within the broader Jewish community. It progresses by marketing its perceived vulnerability and victimhood among those on whom it relies for financial, military and diplomatic support
    Read that quote carefully again if you don't understand what was just quoted.

It states 'perceived vulnerability' and "among those whom it relies for (assistance)".

Dont' get me wrong. I've nothing against the Israelis.

Though I've much against it's government and military, it's tactics used to destroy and maim, it's devotion to taking land for ownership from the Palestinians, it's devotion to wiping out Palestinians and to racism against Palestinians and people from Gaza City.

Let's continue with the definition shall we...

By choosing to identify their interests with those of Zionism, Jews choose to make themselves feel insecure. Zionism relies for its success not only on deception but also on self-deceit........The Six-Day War induced more Jews to identify with Zionism as a defender of Jews. Yet now we know that war was a long-planned land grab destined to outrage Arabs and Muslims. When combined with a murderous occupation, decades of Israeli provocations were guaranteed to evoke the violent reactions required to rationalize a “war on terrorism.”..........
    If you interested, I'll let you go to the link to finish reading a pretty good article on Zionism and it's relationship to the nationalist ideological tendencies it has.

LINK

According to the Encyclopodia Brittanica on my HDD, the definition of Zionism is as follows:

Jewish nationalist movement that has had as its goal the creation and support of a Jewish national state in Palestine, the ancient homeland of the Jews. Though Zionism originated in eastern and central Europe in the latter part of the 19th century, it is in many ways a continuation of the ancient nationalist attachment of the Jews and of the Jewish religion to the historical region of Palestine,.........The creation of the State of Israel on May 14, 1948, brought about the Arab–Israeli war of 1948–49, in the course of which Israel obtained more land than had been provided by the UN resolution, and drove out 800,000 Arabs who became displaced persons known as Palestinians. ......, Zionism achieved its aim of establishing a Jewish state in Palestine, but at the same time it became an armed camp.........Zionist organizations in many countries continued to raise financial support for Israel

SOURCE: Zionism. (2010). Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopaedia Britannica Ultimate Reference Suite. Chicago: Encyclopædia Britannica

But back to the article....

Activists say that in total 84 per cent of the barrier will be in the West Bank, often separating Palestinians from their farmland.
    See what I mean about the land grab. I've made mention of this tonne's of times before.

"For Palestinians, it's simply a land grab - a way to demarcate Israel from the West Bank and take more Palestinian land and pre-empt a final settlement."
    well, I'm glad that someone like Al Jazeera is there to report on what's going on there at least. Few Western media organizations, in my mind, probably wouldn't do that.
    But that's my opinion.

In late 2007, Israel's supreme court ordered the government to modify the barrier's route through Bilin, dismissing its argument that the current route was necessary to protect residents of Jewish settlements.
    Remember that definition above that I gave you for Zionism??
    Remember what it said about a self-induced and self-perceived fear for Israelis??
    That's what that quote above is talking about.

Zionism relies for its success not only on deception but also on self-deceit.
    That is taken from the link above.

Protesters have gathered every Friday in the village for the past five years to protest against the barrier, often leading to clashes with Israeli security forces.

Soldiers have fired tear gas, stun grenades and live rounds to disperse the demonstrations, saying that the protests are illegal
    So now when your in dispute with something that concerns Israel, while in Israel, your not allowed to demonstrate against Israel.

Soldiers most likely used stun guns and the like to ensure that this protest, which I'm gonna guess wasn't illegal at all, only stated in being so, so as to quiet down the protest so that no-one would hear further of said protest and why these protests were occurring.

Here's the link to the news article:

Last edited by SealLion; 14.02.10 at 08:52.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

cheatos (14.02.10) , slikrapid (14.02.10) , saebrtooth (14.02.10) , Jambina (14.02.10)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Such an old war won't end easily my friend ... there should be a miracle happening to wrap that up.
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (15.02.10) , SealLion (14.02.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    That's the same wall that I've mentioned that separates Palestinians from their farmland, which has been confiscated on the grounds that it was needed to build settlements (which is partly true as that is what is happening there) so that in future, Israel could claim legal grounds of ownership to these "once-held-by-Palestinians", land.
    Basically making it look like Israel had legal title to these lands.
    as you may read on wikipedia, some 33% of the wall hasn't even been built yet at all, leaving the possibility that it could follow unexpected routes, no need to guess twice who will benefit from that scenario

a video showing the sheer amount of settlements (and their splitting into smaller land patches through illegal israeli roads) on the west bank territory, with some info on how they are appearing 'from out of nowhere' through sudden appearance of 'outposts':

Settlements in Palestine and how they happen

Code:
    http://axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/Article_58431.shtml
    this image (Settlements2006.jpg) will show what the above video missed - the territorial spread of settlement areas with the no-access zones around them (notice the density of these restricted areas at the border with jordan, obviously to restrict palestinian access to the border):

Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Bank
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Settlements2006.jpg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settlements#Dismantlement_of_settlements
    Most of these settlements have existed since the early 80's, some are over 30 years old, and with a total population of more than 10,000, many of whom have yet to find permanent housing. There was significant opposition to the plan among parts of the Israeli public, and especially those living in the territories. American President George W. Bush has said that a permanent peace deal would have to reflect "demographic realities" in the West Bank regarding Israel's settlements.
    what i mentioned earlier as better negotiating positions during 'peace talks'

well, that's good news. Albeit it'll only be a small victory. But victories are what Palestinians need, IMHO.
    But this victory was probably propagated to make it look like Israel, amongst all the criticism that it has been given over settlements and the construction of this disgusting wall, had lost some ground on this issue.
    yes, the media will surely inflate the significance of this outcome, even though its still just a promise, whereas even supreme court decisions considering this particular incident (3 year old decisions no less) haven't been obeyed by israel, i imagine no time limits have been set, which basically means the issue can be dragged out for even longer periods of time:

The judges ordered the government to come up with a new route in a "reasonable period of time".
    at the end of the 1948-49 war...that was when Israel was created by a number of UN member states. Namely one of them being the UK.

That was also the start of a nationalistic philosophy in Israel called Zionism.
    What is Zionism??
    It's basically a type of nationalism like any other.
    a few additions:

zionism (sort of a racist religious nationalist political movement) was officially founded in 1897 and israelis started coming in waves (by tens of thousands) somewhere around that time from various parts of the world - this trend has been on-going almost until today, virtually reversing the demographic situation in palestine in significant favor of the israelis - once a scattered minority became overwhelming colonialist majority, systematically reducing/acquiring the territory of the palestinians & arabs (through various methods)

obviously, this has been an intentional zionist plan (religious motivation) from its inception (before 1897), because no large groups of people choose to leave their habitats just like that (spontaneously), out of some whim infecting thousands upon thousands of people & steering them towards a specific, already populated, land area, especially not this late in history!

as it turned out, zionists had substantial influence on the world leading countries (mostly as powerful bankers, politicians, diplomats), acting mostly behind the scenes, steering events & decisions towards their goals, which resulted in continuous mass israeli people relocations & creation of israel immediately after the uk mandate for palestine ended

last but not least, zionism is heavily connected to the nwo, rothschilds, illuminati, so its no wonder they achieved many of their goals during these years

According to the Encyclopodia Brittanica on my HDD, the definition of Zionism is as follows:
    if you carefully read the definition you will notice how they distort the facts (uk supporting zionism? has happened before ), according to them there were no palestinians before this event, which is false as even in ancient history they were known as the philistines (in the bible too), later during roman empire they lived in palestine and so on, the name is mentioned all the time, referring to roughly the same territory & people inhabiting it

and drove out 800,000 Arabs who became displaced persons known as Palestinians. ...
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (15.02.10) , SealLion (14.02.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    very interesting video, slik.
    That is so true with respect to what the person in the video says about the colonization, which is exactly what it is there, is happening. It's funny to note that the Geneva Convention, Article 4, just as mentioned in the video, prohibits the movement of people from the occupying power over to the occupied land.
    What a contradiction.

Israel knows this.
    Israel's supporters know this.
    The UN knows this.
    The Arab states know this.
    People who become educated about this illegal settlement know this.
    Yet, the Arab states who are friendly to Israel don't do anything about this.
    The UN doesn't do anything about this.
    The US, UK, the rest of Europe like Germany, Austria, and France, don't do anything about this.

Conspicuously quite on the issue.

and to top this off, just like I recall you having mentioned once before in another news post, the Israeli government issues payment to it's settlers to settle (colonize those lands...which is illegal under the Genave Convention), to live there.
    Once they live there, Israel has grounds to settle the lands as legally owned by Israel. Therefore, in effect, 'proving' the idea, not fact, that, that land belongs to Israel.

and yes, your correct how the history of Zionism has been distorted and left out with respect to the inhabitants of Palestine, who've lived there for 1000's of years.

In addtion, the Wikipedia link mentions some interesting info regarding poverty of Palestinians. All those roads which have been built by the Israeli military and it's contractors, in defence of supporting the idea of curbing terrorist attacks (which may have some merit, but not entirely), also supports poverty amongst the Palestinians.

Here's what I mean:

As such, movement restrictions were also placed on main roads traditionally used by Palestinians to travel between cities, and such restrictions are still blamed for poverty and economic depression in the West Bank
    t/hat's from the Wikipedia link above.

That same article also makes mention of the following:

"Israel has made efforts to improve transport contiguity for Palestinians travelling in the West Bank. It has done this by constructing underpasses and bridges

That might be true, but I hesitate to believe the entirety of that statement. And that's said in consideration of the nature to make Israel look like it is empathetic to Palestinians and their needs for improvement to their situation.

Something that I think you made mention of before, albeit in a different sense is that such statements, like the one above, should be taken with a grain of salt rather than to be entirely accurate.

Very similarly to how the media, like you say, would jump on issues to make it look like Israel is responding to demands from the International community to redress these issues.

Israel may be doing such, but it is media organizations that are heavily influenced by Zionist sympathizers, to restrict full knowledge and to ensure that the Israeli agenda, or rather the religiously and nationalistic enshrined Zionist agenda, are fulfilled.

There seems to be at least one of the Arab states that is speaking out. Here's what's said by the Turkish Prime Minister:

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has criticized Israel's conduct in Gaza, saying Ankara cannot be silent when innocent civilians are killed, phosphorus bombs are used, infrastructure is destroyed, and people are forced to live in an open-air prison.

"I am telling the truth… And I will keep telling the truth. Turkey has an age-old history as a state. When you talk to such a state you must be careful.

"When innocent civilians are ruthlessly killed, struck by phosphorus bombs, infrastructure is demolished in bombings, and people are forced to live in an open-air prison… We can not see this as compatible with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, simply human rights, and we can not close our eyes to all this happening,
    ]
    Infrastructure is demolished is what the above quote says. Kind of reminiscent of how the D-9's ( D-9's are the bulldozers, that I've mentioned before in another more recent article I posted) , litterally destroy Palestinian's homes. Some without even warning given by the Israeli soldiers that use the D-9 bulldozers to demolish the Palestinian's homes.

that includes infrastructure such as other buildings and roads, most likely used by Palestinians.

Interesting note here from this same link which I'll give soon is the following:

After being summoned by Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon on January 11, the Turkish ambassador to Tel Aviv was made to sit in a chair lower than the Israeli deputy foreign minister's chair and confronted by three other Israeli officials in higher chairs in order to ram home Tel Aviv's displeasure with Ankara. The Turkish flag was deliberately not on display during the meeting. Ambassador Ahmet Oguz Celikkol was also spoken to in Hebrew and was refused a handshake.
    That doesn't seem particular to me considering how affronted Israeli officails would be when - ever confronted with news or statements that are unfriendly to their actions against Palestinians and others in the region. They don't like being embarrassed over what they're doing.
    Very much like the protests that are mentioned in the AJE news post in which the protests were deemed illegal.

Either Israel doesn't have a constitution guaranteeing freedom of speech and gathering in groups, which in most countries includes demonstrating against the government over something that those people feel violates ethics, morals, common sense rules, internationally recognized laws, or otherwise, or Israel is hyper-sensitive to how outside bodies speak out about how Israel behaves.
    And in consideration of it being hyper-sensitive on it's behavior is in tandem to it's agenda of eliminating the Palestinians and forcing the people from Gaza City to live in a prison.

Very much like the Jewish people in Europe were forced to live in slums in some parts of Eastern Europe during WWII, before being expropriated to the camps.

Here's the link to some of those above mentioned quotes:
    AXIS OF LOGIC LINK

Last edited by SealLion; 14.02.10 at 19:41.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (15.02.10) , slikrapid (14.02.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    might be true, but I hesitate to believe the entirety of that statement. And that's said in consideration of the nature to make Israel look like it is empathetic to Palestinians and their needs for improvement to their situation.
    yeah, like they will redeem themselves for 50+ years of inflicting torture by building some bridges (add the restrictions of movement and its yet another house of cards)
    Very similarly to how the media, like you say, would jump on issues to make it look like Israel is responding to demands from the International community to redress these issues....it is media organizations that are heavily influenced by Zionist sympathizers, to restrict full knowledge
    not only influenced, but in many cases owned (especially in usa)

There seems to be at least one of the Arab states that is speaking out. Here's what's said by the Turkish Prime Minister:
    many are criticizing, yet they still continue their business & other relations with israel as if everything is fine, they are generally just playing word games for the public, trying to get better positions themselves - imo, in the case of turkey, any significant criticism would suddenly disappear if they were accepted as a new EU member, and also, turkey would probably never dare to try the same stunt (showing disrespect like that) as the israeli did

Very much like the protests that are mentioned in the AJE news post in which the protests were deemed illegal.

Either Israel doesn't have a constitution guaranteeing freedom of speech and gathering in groups, which in most countries includes demonstrating against the government over something that those people feel violates ethics, morals, common sense rules, internationally recognized laws, or otherwise, or Israel is hyper-sensitive to how outside bodies speak out about how Israel behaves.
    And in consideration of it being hyper-sensitive on it's behavior is in tandem to it's agenda of eliminating the Palestinians and forcing the people from Gaza City to live in a prison.
    not taking into consideration a number of possible scenarios (like infiltrated troublemakers) that may unjustly hurt the demonstration's reputation/image, even if israel had the perfect laws compared to the world, what good are they if they are not being properly used, like in that village of bilin, a supreme court decision is made, yet not followed up (seen through) in practice even 3 years after the verdict - obviously some parts of the system are above it, without the need to worry about possible consequences, national or international
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (15.02.10) , SealLion (15.02.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    I dont think I quite follow what you say here:

..... in the case of turkey, any significant criticism would suddenly disappear if they were accepted as a new EU member, and also, turkey would probably never dare to try the same stunt (showing disrespect like that) as the israeli did
    are you saying that if Turkey was a member of the EU, then any critique by Turkey against Israel would be silenced through some method by someone in the bureaucracy within the EU??

with respect to the infiltrators, that is quite possible as I have heard on a TV doc that Israel has a habit of doing this by planting plain clothes persons in riotous situations and then proceed to physically abuse any demonstrator. I have seen footage of this during the TV documentary in which plain clothes persons, most likely working for the internal security for Israel, catch someone and beat them up.

So this is a very real possibility.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (15.02.10)

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    quite possible, quite possible

In a 60min docu ages back, they spoke Isreal entering I think it was a France to kidnap an Isrealie disident whom once worked at a top secret nuclear bomb facility. These Isrealies were apparently working covertly
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (15.02.10) , SealLion (15.02.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    are you saying that if Turkey was a member of the EU, then any critique by Turkey against Israel would be silenced through some method by someone in the bureaucracy within the EU??.
    that is also a possibility, but i was referring to turkey's dissatisfaction with a long waiting time in front of EU doors, that would in case of turkey becoming a member probably mostly diminish because now EU goals would take precedence (palestinians don't really have much to offer in return for a favorable EU opinion/action) and turkey's satisfaction with that success would overshadow any other issue

with respect to the infiltrators, that is quite possible as I have heard on a TV doc that Israel has a habit of doing this by planting plain clothes persons in riotous situations and then proceed to physically abuse any demonstrator. I have seen footage of this during the TV documentary in which plain clothes persons, most likely working for the internal security for Israel, catch someone and beat them up.

So this is a very real possibility
    the demonstration infiltrators is imo quite a common thing, when political opponents use such 'undercover' persons to sabotage the event or make it look bad, contrary to the publicly stated demonstration goals - for example, when a peaceful demonstration for no apparent reason becomes violent because these infiltrators smashed a window or provoked the police escort or something else in that manner (has been used as a police/military excuse in israel to open fire on demonstrators that were supposedly throwing rocks, or if you look at the bilin village history of military attacks even when foreign observers or guests were part of the gathered crowd)

Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bil%27in#Weekly_protests
    Quote Originally Posted by saebrtooth
    In a 60min docu ages back, they spoke Isreal entering I think it was a France to kidnap an Isrealie disident whom once worked at a top secret nuclear bomb facility. These Isrealies were apparently working covertly
    something like this maybe:

In 1986, Mossad used an undercover agent to lure nuclear whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu from the United Kingdom to Italy where he was abducted and transported to Israel where he was tried for treason because of his role in exposing Israel's nuclear program.
    Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mossad#United_Kingdom
    considering the mossad's infamous reputation & strange behavior of some palestinian organizations, some are warning that the PLO & hamas origins (or later leadership structure) are a combination of corrupt power-hungry palestinians steered by infiltrated mossad agents, creating incidents exactly when the israeli needed them to justify a disproportionally large 'retaliatory' (ready & waiting) attack
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (16.02.10) , SealLion (15.02.10)

P2P Client
    An eMule & VEM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2150
    Slik is not only slik with his name but slick with his memory
    dont ban me just spank me
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (22.02.10) , slikrapid (16.02.10)

+ Reply to Thread