Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Reporters Without Borders: Iran jailing Journalists

The true title of this news article from RWB is :

Iran is world’s biggest prison for journalists again
    check it out:

So Iran executes a number of people there. From what I understand, the death penalty there is distributed like giving candy to kids on Halloween....all the time basically.

Not only the death penalty exists there, but there exists also lashing. Apparantly, a journalist there was lashed and given jail term to serve as well.

IT's not just Iranian journalists, it's also foreign correspondents as well such as from BBC and HUman Rights Watch ( some human rights organization).

They included the BBC (especially its Persian service), Voice of America and human rights groups such as Human Rights Watch. It is now strictly forbidden for Iranian citizens or organizations to cooperate or have any contact with the listed organizations.
    No doubt to limit communication so as to limit the amount, quality, verification status, and type of news reportage available.

The intelligence ministry and Revolutionary Guards began rounding up government opponents and journalists ........ ... and cyber-dissidents. The relatives of the detained journalists are still lining up ........ in an attempt to get news of those believed to be held there.
    No doubt maybe some torture??
    Lashing is considered torture.

Pretty sad, I'd say the least.

Iran is not the only other country that does these sort of things to journalists who just want to report on events and corruption where it is seen and known to exist.
    There are many others in the Middle East. Though, Europe, North and South America aren't far behind either.

Here's the link:

"God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (10.01.10) , slikrapid (10.01.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    So Iran executes a number of people there. From what I understand, the death penalty there is distributed like giving candy to kids on Halloween....all the time basically.
    looks like iran (highest per capita number), china (highest total number), usa (has much more death row prisoners) and some other countries are the leading ones in executions by means of death penalty

currently only 58 nations actively practice it, with 95 countries abolishing it (the remainder having not used it for 10 years or allowing it only in exceptional circumstances such as war)

btw looks like it can be done officially in the EU too, but the fact is somewhat hidden in the EU legal documents:

Lisbon Treaty Allows for Death Penalty Across E.U.

Code:
    http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=10496
    public opinion about it varies, around 50% are pro, 30% against - which gives a sobering insight in our society's still prevailing barbaric mentality

Apparantly, a journalist there was lashed and given jail term to serve as well.

IT's not just Iranian journalists, it's also foreign correspondents as well such as from BBC and HUman Rights Watch ( some human rights organization).

Iran is not the only other country that does these sort of things to journalists who just want to report on events and corruption where it is seen and known to exist.
    even though lashing is not the democratic way to treat adversaries, one should be aware that a number of members of these so called 'independent' media/human rights organizations are actually infiltrated foreign agents whose purpose is to create anti-iranian (government) propaganda & to stir-up tensions in the country - some act as liaisons with militant/underground rebel groups
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (10.01.10) , SealLion (10.01.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    well, if some of these human rights groups or even journalists are suppossed infiltrators, I wonder where they wouuld come from, eh??

There's a couple of possibilities that come to mind.

And on that topic of infiltration from what I understand, the CIA has some low success rates. At least that's what I understand.

I was asking Google-God and asked him to use for me 'cia statistics' and the like,....I wasn't very successful with him.
    Maybe the CIA has better success stats now...IDK....

by-the-way, how did you come across any information on media and human rights watch groups having infiltrators to stir up unrest??

I can see that happening from originators from the UK and US and even from other EU such as from France, though, I do believe that France and Iran governments are on friendly terms. But there could be other things that remain out of view.

who knows. ...
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

saebrtooth (10.01.10) , slikrapid (10.01.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    And on that topic of infiltration from what I understand, the CIA has some low success rates. At least that's what I understand.
    as if they would admit the truth anyways

by-the-way, how did you come across any information on media and human rights watch groups having infiltrators to stir up unrest??
    no links to back it up, but this is how foreign intelligence agencies do their propaganda or intelligence related work in targeted countries - the easiest way is to use those organizations (or their supportive members or as last-minute replacements) that have access to the targeted countries and then establish connections to (previously) selected local supporters or government opposition, thus maintaining an active inside network that has access to on-site situation, can directly assess how the plans are working, create diversions and so on

though, I do believe that France and Iran governments are on friendly terms. But there could be other things that remain out of view.
    that one may be the good cop (fr) bad cop (usa) routine
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (10.01.10)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    ah, yes. Very interesting theory and I think that your correct re: infiltration methods by possibly UK and no doubt CIA as well.
    And as for France being the good cop, I think that your suggesting that France have agents set up while maintaining a positvie relationship with Iran. Ah, yes...I get it now.
    Geesh, we should get into the spy business together Slik.
    But we're only making theories on the methodologies, yes??
    But I think that this is how methods are instilled, yes??...To try them out and see if they work.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (10.01.10)

+ Reply to Thread