Thread: Automatic Categorising Plugin & extreme mod

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13

Automatic Categorising Plugin & extreme mod

Hi everyone. I have a question/suggestion about the extreme mod for Vuze. Bear with me while I explain

I use a nice little Vuze plugin that automatically categorises my torrents based on parameters I set. I use it specifically to list which tracker the torrent came from.

Of the two private trackers I use, one has a nice donation system allowing half a TB upload credit for about $25. On this tracker, I disable the extreme mod altogether and simply donate for credit every few months. For the other tracker, the donation system is not so generous ($1 = 1GB), so I leave the extreme mod enabled in case of high seeds/low peers making it difficult to "pay back" my download.

Here's my question... Would it be complicated to have a system in the extreme mod so that I could set up parameters in the same way as the Auto Categoriser, and have it automatically enable or disable the extreme mod?

I know it isn't complicated to manually turn it on or off. In fact, it's as easy as two clicks. It's just that sometimes, I forget to turn it off when downloading from the site that I donate to, and I always end up kicking myself when I realise that I just "paid to fake"..... the irony of that is kind of funny.

Sure, I could instead leave it off for everything and just turn it on when necessary, but again that causes problems when the seed/peer ratio is hugely in favour of the seeds and I don't start to upload anything until I realise that it's off and then suddenly, I'm uploading magically at full speed to the only two peers on the torrent.... looks a bit suspicious really

Do you guys think that this is something that would be straight-forward to implement into the extreme mod? I would certainly use it if you do.

Thanks very much.

knivestv
    Last edited by knivestv; 16.11.09 at 15:57.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    2/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    So you mean predefinied settings for each tracker?
    Or just to enabled/disable the features in general for a certain tracker?

A good idea TBH which was already brought up in the past IIRC, let's wait for GF to reply.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss277
    Quote Originally Posted by knivestv View Post
    but again that causes problems when the seed/peer ratio is hugely in favour of the seeds and I don't start to upload anything until I realise that it's off and then suddenly, I'm uploading magically at full speed to the only two peers on the torrent.... looks a bit suspicious really
    I cant comment on your suggestion of implementing an Auto catagoriser in Extreme mod, but as far as your above problem is concerned I would like to share my own experience with you.

Have a look at following snapshot of extreme mod, following is where you control your fake upload based on peers connected and Seed:peer ratio.

when you are having a seed:peer ratio which is in favor of seeds (in other if it is higher) you may adjust setting "Stop faking when connected to less then ..." value both of peers connected and seed:peer ratio. The default value is "10" for seed:peer ratio in extreme mod so if the ratio is less then 10 your fake upload will not start as in your case.

therefore first have a look at seed:peer ratio as give in into tab of extreme mod as given in following figure

then adjust your seed:peer value in extreme mod setting window. as in my case currect seed/peer ratio is 7 therefore safe settings could be 3-4 in extreme mod.

your fake upload will also not start if there are no peers connected to you as the default vaule for this is "1" in extreme mod. there first evaluate how many sometimes you are not connectible to the tracker and therefore not connected to any peers despite of the fact they are part of the swarm.. in this case adjust value in peers connected to "0" in order for fake upload to start. (please keep in mind that faking upload with 0 peers connected is not recommend as are exposed in this situation)

perhaps above guideline come handy to you.
    Last edited by SBcheater; 16.11.09 at 19:27.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    Thanks SBcheater. I did find that particular part of the extreme mod when I first started to use it. And now it makes more sense with your description. Thanks.

@shoulder: Pre-defined settings could be great, ie. per-tracker-total-configuration, and I would certainly use that facility, but if that was complicated then a setting where I can stick in the different tracker names, tell it to be on or off for each one, then as a match occurs it switches extreme mod on or off for all those torrents without me managing them one-by-one.

Even the most basic on/off switch would be a massive help. If I could totally pre-configure the client and tie it to the tracker name(s) that it detects, then that would be amazing.

I realise from reading the forums that each tracker seems to require slightly different ways to set up the extreme mod to "stay safe", so I guess that having the option to totally pre-configure the client on a per tracker basis would be the ultimate extreme mod.

For me, I just need to have it turned off when I'm torrenting from the site that I donate to

Thanks for checking out this idea.

knivestv
    Last edited by knivestv; 17.11.09 at 04:30.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread