+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Al Jazeera English: Palestinians break Israel's wall

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Al Jazeera English: Palestinians break Israel's wall

When I read that title on AJE, in all honesty, I couldn't help but think to myself: 'RightOn"!!
    And well it would be deserved.

Check it out:

Palestinians and foreign activists have torn down segments of Israel's separation wall in a demonstration marking the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall
    seems like there's a lot of that going on around the globe nowadays...just a few stand-a-lone's left in the world.

1. That big wall that's being built around some of the favelas surrounding some Brazilian cities to keep unwanted eyes out.

2. This wall here in Palestine.

3. And maybe a few others like the one dividing the Korea's.

Now check this out:

Now you all know that Palestine is wanting to have it's very own territory.
    So check this out:

A report by Stop the Wall, a Palestinian coalition of NGOs opposed to the wall, said that in 2007 alone, Israel demolished more than 160 houses and appropriated more than 3sq km of land in the Palestinian West Bank in its construction of the wall.
    So basically, threw out families from 160 homes and told them to get out along with that much land as well.

The article from AJE doesn't state specifically what happened to those 160 families that got thrown out. Maybe they were left to themselves??
    IDK...I'd like to think that maybe they got compensated in some way.

But knowing how Israel treats children and regular families in Gaza,...I'd say they probably didn't fare very well either.
    What with all the Israeli - originated abuses going on...it should be pretty obvious.

There's a tad more though:

he wall is up to 8m high in places, twice the height of the former Berlin wall. Palestinian sources anticipate that it may be more than 750km-long when construction is finished, more than four times the length of the Berlin wall.

Palestinians say the route of the wall has been set in such a way that it grabs land that could have been included in a future Palestinian state
    Oh, ya. That last bit should be pretty obvious, yes??

Building a wall where a future state could be claimed by the Palestinians is placed??

Ooops.
    Sorry.
    You can't claim this land.
    It's already occupied by the wall.
    Try elsewhere.
    Maybe try less land.
    Better yet.,,,,,,Don't even bother cuz we want that land for ourselves.

You know what the purpose of walls are, don't you??
    they're to keep people from coming in.
    With the way that Israel has continuing abuse of Gaza citizens, I'd say this is abuse as well.

It prevents the migration of people seeking help when they need it most, since Israel has all the educated doctors and hospitals ( in that region) and with the Israeli border gaurds delaying or even in some circumstances, preventing Palestinians from crossing over to go to school, seek a job, go visit a doctor so that little Bobby can get his health check up and so on and so on....

You get the idea.

Here's the link:

But as usual....Israel get's it's support for all the 'wrong' things that it does and is morally, politically, economically, and militarily supported by many countries.
    Even when people in those same countries don't support what their own government is doing to morally (or otherwise) support Israel.
    Last edited by SealLion; 09.11.09 at 23:01.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (10.11.09) , slikrapid (10.11.09) , Renk (10.11.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125

Thumbs up

i found a good link with tons of information on the israeli-palestinian conflict, so if you want to know more about whats really going on there, imo this would be a quality source (if you have the patience to go through it all)

Code:
    http://3rddimension.online.fr/zionpal.htm
    besides the conflict origins/participants/events the article goes even further, connecting it to history, global events, new world order (NWO) & secret societies (zionism, illuminati)

also, it lists the methods being used to acquire palestinian or arabic land, like buying land, expelling the population or changing/installing the appropriate laws (Land Law, Absentee Property Law, Law of Return)

a map of the israeli expansion in the palestinian area:

Code:
    http://i-cias.com/e.o/fpalswar.htm
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (10.11.09) , SealLion (10.11.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    from the second link:

.....1949 January: End of the war, as the UN manages to establish 4 armistice agreements between Israel, and Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria, respectively. Israel's territory was by this point enlarged by about 5,000 km², compared to what was granted by UN in 1947
    I wouldn't be much surprised that the UN has more to do with this, than what is known.

Mind you, that 5000 km2 was after war between Israel and some of it's neighbors.

I supppose that the rules of war were taken into consideration after this land grab.
    Winner takes all.

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

I also wouldn't be much surprised that there is more to do between Israel and the UN than what is known.

There is enough info on the UN and some of it's controversies on wikipedia. The link that you gave before.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    I also wouldn't be much surprised that there is more to do between Israel and the UN than what is known.

There is enough info on the UN and some of it's controversies on wikipedia. The link that you gave before.
    at least some palestinian rights are still acknowledged by the UN, but the israeli actions are still left unpunished, they are just criticized

another thing, there are warnings that the wikipedia contents is being closely monitored and censored as the need arises (a few claims that certain data has been deleted without proper reasons) so we may need to be careful about trusting the wikipedia 'knowledge'
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    that's interesting. I didn't know that the wikipedia articles are being censored as needs may arise.
    Long fingers sure are useful.

Overall, there's very few websites on the net that don't tolerate censorship.
    Wikileaks is the only one that I know of currently that doesn't tolerate any censorship.

besides being a thorn to many corporate giants and government agencies that would love to have it shut down, there really aren't a whole lot around that I have personally found reputable.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread