+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hit'n'run on partial downloads/packs?

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661

hit'n'run on partial downloads/packs?

hey there fellow cheaters

i wondered about one issü that's not related to cheating. i hope it's okay to bring it up anyway

it's about hit'n'run on partially downloaded files and/or packs. many sites don't allow hnr and require every user to seed until a certain ratio is reached. this gös for all torrents. i güss most of you are familiar with these rules.

now to my qüstion:
    when i download let's say 20% of a torrent and stop it then is that considered hnr?
    even further when i grab a freeleech pack and seed normally i download much more than i upload but since it's freeleech it's nice to boost the ratio. let's say i downloaded 8gb of a big freeleech pack(e.g. 60gb total size), uploaded 1.5gb and stop it then. is that hnr?
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2071
    I think it depends on each site's rules. Some requires you to seed for a certain amount of time or reach 1:1 ratio. So in your example, 8GB download and 1.5 GB upload, then let's say 40h of seeding time, that would be considered HnR, at PTM for example.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (07.11.09)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    8GB download and 1.5 GB upload, then let's say 40h of seeding time, that would be considered HnR, at PTM for example.
    that's clear but the crucial thing is that the 8gb are only a part of a large torrent and that torrent is freeleech.
    so the qüstion is: is a partially downloaded freeleech torrent considered hnr?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by VwTE1r View Post
    so the question is: is a partially downloaded freeleech torrent considered hnr?
    there is no universal definition, alpacino already said it:

it depends on each site's rules.

usually you can find the answer on the trackers forum section
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (07.11.09)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39540
    i wondered about one issue that's not related to cheating. i hope it's okay to bring it up anyway
    Well, this is the Talk section. You're free to create any thread that's related to filesharing or P2P. It doesn't necessarily have to be about cheating.

now to my question:
    when i download let's say 20% of a torrent and stop it then is that considered hnr?
    +2 to alpacino, "it depends on each site's rules". For the rest of my post, I'll assume the tracker cares, since a lot do - ScT even makes you seed packs for longer than normal torrents if you want to avoid a H&R warning.

I highly doubt the torrent's freeleech status changes the picture in any way. Perhaps you've heard the phrase "it's freeleech, download doesn't count, but you still have to seed".

even further when i grab a freeleech pack and seed normally i download much more than i upload but since it's freeleech it's nice to boost the ratio. let's say i downloaded 8gb of a big freeleech pack(e.g. 60gb total size), uploaded 1.5gb and stop it then. is that hnr?
    Most of the time, the rules to avoid a warning are "seed torrents to an x.xx ratio, or for xx hours". The required ratio can go anywhere from 0.4 to 1.0, and the amount of time, from 1 to 120 hours. If at least one of those conditions is given, you can stop the torrent without problems. Else, you can't without risking getting a warning.

Note how I italicized "risking". On some trackers it may happen, on others it may not. If I remember correctly, BCG gives you "hit and run points" that don't immediately punish you, but count against you when the time of being promoted to a higher user class comes, for example. Other sites may not warn you if you stop a single torrent right after it's completed, but yes if you repeat this behavior on other downloads.

Also, note legit BitTorrent clients don't send the "completed" flag when you choose not to download all files inside the torrent. Since the tracker can't know if you've ticked all or only a few of them when adding it, and doesn't get the aforementioned flag, it's much harder for it to know if you've just hit & ran on a partial download, or chose to get the whole torrent but simply stopped it halfway through. But don't take that as a trump card to leech anything inside a pack that you want, or untick the NFO in normal Scene releases, and get away with not seeding. I can think of at least one method trackers could still use to detect this.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (07.11.09)

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Well, this is the Talk section. You're free to create any thread that's related to filesharing or P2P. It dösn't necessarily have to be about cheating.
    thanks, although i wasn't totally serious

Also, note legit BitTorrent clients don't send the "completed" flag when you choose not to download all files inside the torrent. Since the tracker can't know if you've ticked all or only a few of them when adding it, and dösn't get the aforementioned flag, it's much harder for it to know if you've just hit & ran on a partial download, or chose to get the whole torrent but simply stopped it halfway through. But don't take that as a trump card to leech anything inside a pack that you want, or untick the NFO in normal Scene releases, and get away with not seeding. I can think of at least one method trackers could still use to detect this.
    that's the sort of info i was hoping to find :tongü:
    and btw thinking about it i can think of one quite easy method, too

anyway thank you all and thanks given
    Thanks

After being on nearly 25~30 trackers (over the past 2 yrs) . Only 2 trackers have given me a H'n'R warning and that is Rmvb and PP . And i H'n'R a lot.

BTW which are the other trackers that actually follow the H'n'R rule strictly (i mean give warnings/ban)?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2071
    Quote Originally Posted by mangathala2002 View Post
    After being on nearly 25~30 trackers (over the past 2 yrs) . Only 2 trackers have given me a H'n'R warning and that is Rmvb and PP . And i H'n'R a lot.

BTW which are the other trackers that actually follow the H'n'R rule strictly (i mean give warnings/ban)?
    Funfile, PTM, GFT, MT-fun, are some examples of sites that have scripts for collecting users who hit and run. Basically all ratio-free trackers. Others might do it manually.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    looking at the peerlist on SCC e.g. shows quite a lot of that red warning signs :tongü:
    IPT on the other hand dösn't seem to care so it depends.

how about a sticky thread with a list where everyone can contribute? like the tracker cheating list or so ...
    Last edited by Instab; 09.11.09 at 07:12.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39540
    how about a sticky thread with a list where everyone can contribute? like the tracker cheating list or so ...
    Like the "tracker cheating table" or...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6661
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Like the "tracker cheating table" or...
    yes, exactly. wouldn't hurt i güss ...