+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Al Jazeera English: VIDEO: Locked in: Life in Gaza

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Al Jazeera English: VIDEO: Locked in: Life in Gaza

This sort of thing against Palestinians in Gaza has been ongoing for quite sometime as I understand.

check it out:

In June 2007, Israel placed Gaza under siege and imposed an unprecedented blockade on nearly all movement and supplies in and out of the Gaza Strip.,,,,
    I would suspect that this also includes medical supplies.
    Baby food, too??

....Petrol is increasingly expensive, motorbikes not cars are becoming popular. Electricity is sporadic and infrequent, generators are becoming popular.....
    WITH generators, one needs gas, yes??

so then gas must be at a premium, I would guess,

This film offers an insight into an everyday man struggling to make a living and to find a solution for his family in the unique difficulties of the Gaza Strip.

It's actually a pretty good video. Its about 12 mins. long but a good story about one man and how it is for him in Gaza.

It's so obvious that this is abuse.
    Maybe even bordering in some area of human rights abuses??

There have been countless reports and finger-pointing at the Israeli government and it's military on such things re: abuse.

There have even been reports of TV journalists having been shot by the military while reporting on events in Gaza.
    I recall having watched one documentary about just such a thing and this is where I first came across the 'not to often revealed information on some of the things going on in Gaza.

Anyways...here's the link

Enjoy

EDIT: yOU know. There's something really earily about this video and what it presents.

You pple remember the stories about the Ghetto in Poland that the Nazi's put all the Jewish people in??
    And about the fact that it was so densely populated, reaking of putrid sewage from all the bowels of the people that were crammed in there. ''

Well, as the report goes here in this video. Gaza is locked in by sea via a naval blockade, borders closed on the south of it at the Egyptian border and of course, other borders too. Apparantly, Gaza holds about 2 million pple in it. And for the small size that Gaza is, it is pretty crammed in there.

Is this a revisit of what happened in some parts of Europe about 60 years ago??

In all of this. I wonder if someone's trying to prove some stupid point of thiers.
    Last edited by SealLion; 21.10.09 at 05:01.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (22.10.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    It's so obvious that this is abuse.
    Maybe even bordering in some area of human rights abuses??

There have been countless reports and finger-pointing at the Israeli government and it's military on such things re: abuse.
    well, its sort of a prison so its abuse for sure

from the man's story you can see that their troubles were known some 50 years ago during the occupation and now during the blocade

first thing i thought as he mentioned marriage to his cousin: man, but the genetic problems will show on the kids...he seems to be aware of that now

i'd say the guy isn't too poor either (compared to others there) as he has gas, can afford lessons for his daughter - i guess now that the world knows about him some organization will jump in and maybe financially support that eye operation/treatment in London

check it out, not all girls have their heads covered, none have their face covered either
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (22.10.09)

+ Reply to Thread