+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ghostleeching?

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss3

ghostleeching?

Hello everyone,

I'm new and i've been searching around the forums for a while trying to learn as much as I can, i'm still confused on a few issues so i thought this would be a good time to say hello and try to get them cleared up.

I'm trying to download a couple of torrents from a private tracker without being a member, and i can't seem to figure out how/if it's possible. I've read through the ghost leeching tutorial, as well as several of the currrent/old cheating threads and torrents. What i don't understand is how can you ghost leach a torrent if you can't search the private tracker to find the name of the torrent you want?

I've read through several other tutorials and threads about mods, but they seem to be geared towards enhancing your ratio once you are already a member, not so much downloading private torrents without being a member. is this correct?

This tracker's registration is disabled and i havent tried to find an invite, as it seems very difficult to find one. SB-I is filled with so much information and i'm doing my best to soak it up all up. But i'm glad im getting involved and getting my feet wet. I would appreciate anyones feedback.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    I have renamed your thread, this way it'll be easier to find it via search.

Downloading a torrent from a tracker you're not a member of is possible, but you'll need someone else that's in and can pass you the .torrent and peerlist.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss3
    Hi anon,

Thanks so much for the reply. Aside from ghostleeching, is there anyway to accomplish what i'm trying to accomplish without becoming a member? I don't know anyone inside of thevault. I have read about cheating with the waffles method as well as with the azureus mod, does cheating allow you to download files from private trackers? Or does cheating serve a different purpose? Is being a member or knowing someone whos a member the only way to download a file listed on a private tracker?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    Quote Originally Posted by yessir66 View Post
    Aside from ghostleeching, is there anyway to accomplish what i'm trying to accomplish without becoming a member? I don't know anyone inside of thevault.
    No, not really.

I have read about cheating with the waffles method as well as with the azureus mod, does cheating allow you to download files from private trackers? Or does cheating serve a different purpose?
    On private trackers, you'll often need to have a certain upload-to-download ratio to be able to download without getting warned. Cheating is done to get a good ratio without uploading.

Is being a member or knowing someone whos a member the only way to download a file listed on a private tracker?
    Yes, you're right.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss277
    I'm trying to download a couple of torrents from a private tracker without being a member, and i can't seem to figure out how/if it's possible.
    Above if possible if and only if

1. You have access to torrent files on that private tracker you are not member of for example a friend who could provide you link to download that torrent file.

2. You know the announce url and a valid Passkey (which can easily be shared).

to find the name of the torrent you want?
    I have seen most of the trackers have an annouce bot in their IRC channels such as TL, Bitme and so on, where you can find about the name of the recent torrent being uploaded to the tracker but again you must have a download access or a friend /link who could provide you with the details.

downloading private torrents without being a member. is this correct?
    You may try google's cache technique , but this only works for forum based trackers for example bwtorrents, you may search your required tracker (Forum based) using google by using

[name of the torrent] site:BwT

Then when you reach to its download link you may copy paste that link into google again, and if some of its member has already downloaded that torrent using google search that link will surely be cached on google , click on cached link rather than click on the original and when the cached page appears you may try downloading from there , I am not completely sure that this method will work or not but you may try it sometime to earn more experience. (Google cahcing technique only works in Firefox)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39504
    Quote Originally Posted by ovais View Post
    2. You know the announce url and a valid Passkey (which can easily be shared).
    Note sharing your .torrents could get the account owner banned - this is considered account sharing, which most trackers forbid.

I didn't know about the cache trick for forum-based trackers, thanks for sharing. However, that won't work on TheVault, since it's not one of them.

yessir66, check your PMs.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss277
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    that won't work on TheVault, since it's not one of
    Yes absolutely thevault is not a forum based, and cache technique does not work over there, and I agree sharing passkey is not a good idea it will get owner banned as soon as he's caught sharing his axx.
    Last edited by SBcheater; 08.10.09 at 19:34. Reason: forgot to add "not" with does
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss3
    Hello,

I'm familiar with the cache method, i stumbled upon it by accident on a forum based tracker when i was just hitting cache to see the keywords highlighted. Thanks for all of the information, i'll keep all of the points in mind; and thanks again for the pm anon.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread