Thread: Al Jazeera English: German business confidence surges

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Al Jazeera English: German business confidence surges

for all you German folks out there.

If one thing leads to another, it becomes something akin to a domino effect.

There are many instances of local provincial, state, and regional economies improving over last years global reccesion.

check it out:

German companies are at their most confident over the state of the economy since the spectacular collapse of US banking giant Lehman Brothers in September 2008 and the subsequent global recession, a survey has shown.

And here's the link:

"God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (01.09.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    even if there is a global recession it won't affect those that are prepared or those that are generating it or those that act in order to reduce its effects - every company has means to fight against unfavorable market/economy conditions, the question is - are they satisfied with less profit or does it always have to be more than it was last month, or will they transfer the burden onto their employees to take the fall...

remember the proverb: one mans loss is another mans gain
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    well, what an interestiing statement I have just read from you, slik.

The last company taht I worked with, they gave everyone a $2.00 an hour pay deduction------across the board, too.

What a joke!!, I thought.
    And all that, so that the billionaire ( that's not an exaggeration, either) who owns the company that I worked for (and he's one of the richest billioniares in CAnada, too) must have decided that in order for him to keep his current salary at the level that it was before the global recession, decided to either lay a number of staff off from work and/or give everyone a $2.00 per/hour pay cut.

I told my foreman that I'm gonna be look'in for a new job.

Needless to say, after a 4 hour job search, my time with the old company ended quite quickly.

LOL.

So, I guess the rich guy decided to lay the burden onto his staff so that he could enjoy those extra few $$.
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    good thing you ditched those greedy bstards

some companies go even further and ask their government for support, because they can't handle the crisis and their argument is that the company is of national importance and has to be saved - some even get away with it
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Yes. I do agree. Now remember sometime ago, down in the States when a number of company executives.....sorry, can't recall what kind of company they were....maybe some housing company or something,,,,,...got a lot of coin from thier goverment and it was used by the rich execs to fill thier pockets??

Remember that??
    When did that occur??.............about 6 months or so ago, I think,yes??

You should hear of the shit that goes on here in my country's parliament.

The MP's (Member of Parliament) give themselves a 'golden- pension' after they have served in Parliament for just .......2 years. THe pension is worth a couple of $100,000 dollars per year.

and senators....they get to keep thier jobs for life....along with some of thier pay being tax-free.
    Must be nice, I keep thinking.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    The MP's (Member of Parliament) give themselves a 'golden- pension' after they have served in Parliament for just .......2 years.
    its similar here too, they always make sure their pockets are secured, after that come the interests of their supporters (ie. lobbys, organizations, companies) and the rest of the crumbs left after that goes to please the gen-pop

and senators....they get to keep thier jobs for life....along with some of thier pay being tax-free.
    i remember watching an interview with a us senator 'coming clean' where he openly admitted and repeated a few times that his job was basically to get donations, sponsors...money - as he said, that's what he was doing almost all the time while he was in office
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (02.09.09)

+ Reply to Thread