+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help choose video editor

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss136

help choose video editor

Hi guys,
    There are number of video cutter,splitter and converters out there.
    So to avoid trying out all of them, suggest me the softwares I should use to meet following purposes. Its not necessary that only one software should do all the jobs specified below.

1) Cut out a selected portion of all major video files (includes avi,mp4,mkv).
    The cut portion should have audio in sync.The quality of the cut portion should be same as of the original file.

2) Convert a 720p video to some little lower quality, so that it can play smoothly on my PC.

And can you suggest me where i can learn the basics of the codecs, so that i can be able to use avidemux etc.

thanks for your time and effort
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    13/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39539
    I'm not into video editing so I can't help you with points 1 and 2, but when it comes to codecs, I can't do but recommend ffdshow-tryouts.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze, Emule Chimera 1.4
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss44
    Quote Originally Posted by divlord View Post
    There are number of video cutter,splitter and converters out there.So to avoid trying out all of them, suggest me the softwares I should use to meet following purposes. Its not necessary that only one software should do all the jobs specified below.

1) Cut out a selected portion of all major video files (includes avi,mp4,mkv).
    The cut portion should have audio in sync.The quality of the cut portion should be same as of the original file.
    2) Convert a 720p video to some little lower quality, so that it can play smoothly on my PC.
    And can you suggest me where i can learn the basics of the codecs, so that i can be able to use avidemux etc.
    well for point 1) i suggest Virtualdub, for point 2) TMPGenc Xpress if you want a professional but difficult program (serial needed) or alternatively the free but very good SUPER video converter, you can download it from this link: http://erightsoft.podzone.net/GetFil...SUPERsetup.exe

For fast operations of splitting / joining video parts, you can also try 2 little progs: Boilsoft video joiner and Boilsoft video splitter.
    Last edited by James73; 19.06.09 at 01:46.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Nothing ATM
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss303
    Thanks for these tips.
    I was also wondering.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vUze Xtreme & mRatio
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss291
    Well for 1) part , Total Video Converter Will be awesome...I have used ir Works smoothly ...though its Not A Freeware...

2) Well i Think lowering Down the resolution would eat all Of your System Resources. if you are unable To Play 720p Smoothly , then its conversion will Eat much of ur Time...
    and for This One , I Cant Recommend Any as i have never performed This operation Buddy.......
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM-P
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss714
    For 1:

I recommend VideoReDo-TVSuite. The cool thing is it don´t re-encode the movie! No quality-loss!
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread