P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171

Is there any way to avoid being seen on the 'snatchlist'

Hi,
    WIth most cheating programs (I use RM or Vuze Extreme Mod), with timely precautions, we can avoid user name coming up in the peer list and play safe. But is there any way to avoid coming up in the snatchlist?
    For example, See the snatchlist for popular torrents on waffles. You can easily make out cheaters in that. I wonder how the staff there misses it.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39505
    You can avoid that by using the "don't send completed flag" setting in the Extreme Mod. But on Waffles this will make torrents in your profile show as "Done: 100%, completed? no", which makes what you're up to obvious.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    You can avoid that by using the "don't send completed flag" setting in the Extreme Mod. But on Waffles this will make torrents in your profile show as "Done: 100%, completed? no", which makes what you're up to obvious.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, in waffles, a user will show up in the snatchlist even if he has downloaded a byte, with the percent down and up. Waffles snatchlist also shows the average time for which a user is seeding or leeching. Comparing with other users, it will be easier to spot a cheater, except if he is cheating intelligently.
    What about other trackers, if a torrent is not fully downloaded, it wont show up on snatch list? Many trackers dont allow users to see the snatchlist, so it's difficult to gauge which ones show up and which ones dont.
    I am sort of wary using the 'dont send completed flag' setting in the Extreme mod
    Thanks

P2P Client
    mRatio
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss566
    You can avoid that by using the "don't send completed flag" setting in the Extreme Mod. .
    so its also works on TL ? We will not seen in snatch list by using this method ?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 ssss39505
    Quote Originally Posted by classyboy View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, in waffles, a user will show up in the snatchlist even if he has downloaded a byte, with the percent down and up. Waffles snatchlist also shows the average time for which a user is seeding or leeching. Comparing with other users, it will be easier to spot a cheater, except if he is cheating intelligently.
    That's why you should pick the right torrent, and seed as much as you can to avoid drawing attention. 5GB in a few weeks won't be as flashy as 5GB in two days, for example.

What about other trackers, if a torrent is not fully downloaded, it wont show up on snatch list?
    It depends. There are two types of snatchlists - the ones that list only completed torrents, and semi-permanent (a.k.a. "sticky") ones that show every torrent you've announced, despite whether you've completed it or not (e.g. Waffles's, ScT's and TL's, see below), for up to a month or so.

You can avoid appearing in the first kind through "don't send completed flag" or NoComplete mods, but there's no wait to evade the second kind, and using that setting can be actually hazardous for your account.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftKing View Post
    so its also works on TL ? We will not seen in snatch list by using this method ?
    It will still show you in the Full Up/Down list.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

classyboy (08.06.09) , DriftKing (08.06.09)

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171
    That's why you should pick the right torrent, and seed as much as you can to avoid drawing attention. 5GB in a few weeks won't be as flashy as 5GB in two days, for example.
    You can avoid appearing in the first kind through "don't send completed flag" or NoComplete mods, but there's no wait to evade the second kind, and using that setting can be actually hazardous for your account.
    Well, thanks. Understood. Moral of the story is slow and steady wins the race. Cheating slow over a prolonged period is better. That's the reason I like Extreme Mod over RM. I have many torrents, which I am seeding since last month or two, at a slow rate, and by now, have resulted in a good amount of upload.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread