Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About the Giveaway Thread v2

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39523

About the Giveaway Thread v2

Should the member giving invites away be able to have the final word even if someone meets the requirements?

Please vote and post explaining your decision.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (08.06.09) , SBfreak (07.06.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2777
    if you vote no it means that if requirements are reached the member offering the invite have to give them people asking over pm directly.

cheaten - wieso kompliziert wenn's auch einfach geht.!

No Place to Hide
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (08.06.09)

Well this depends on every user.If I ask for a invite/account I ask only because I'm going to use it and because I need it.
    Last edited by SBfreak; 07.06.09 at 01:15.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (08.06.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    If someone offers an invite/account and sets limitations on who is eligible, they should have to give the invite/account to the first eligible applicant. One might argue that the giver should be allowed to pick and choose, but unless they state in their giveaway rules that they will give to the eligible applicant of their choice, they should be required to give to the first person meeting the requirements who asks. Otherwise, they are not acting in the spirit of the giveaway.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    VEM
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 sssss1625
    I vote "yes" I think inviter have the last word and should make the decision based on what he/she thinks is the best
    Last edited by Blocker; 07.06.09 at 02:14.
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (08.06.09) , Se7Ven (07.06.09)

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    the inviter has the last word. It's his invite to give away. Not someone's else's to dictate.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

That's not the spirit of giveaways.If I receive multiple messages I'll give the invite/account to the member that has more posts and "bookmark" the others that applied for it so next time they a better change of getting a invite/account even if they have lower posts.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (08.06.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    Eligibility always trumps playing favorites. Always. If not, then why do NFL teams have to interview minorities during every job opening? If not, then why is there affirmative action? I'll tell you why - so people can't be discriminated against for any reason. Granted, this is a bit different, but favoritism should never be encouraged, nor should thinking postcount means a damned thing. That part is just stupid.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    vUze Xtreme & mRatio
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss291
    well , i voted YES though. but i Really think it depends on what Tracker you are offering ,whether its a high Level or just a normal tracker..Because their are some trackers which are Very special to You & u really care For Them & u would surely Like it to be going To a person who deserves it better That the others , though the proper criteria for selection is unclear for that.

Also postcount is Just a symbol of your participation in the Forums & its good to have post limitations ,but not too much hiGh....
    And yeah, favouritism should never be encouraged ,then whats the FUn of being in a community.

That's not the spirit of giveaways.If I receive multiple messages I'll give the invite/account to the member that has more posts and "bookmark" the others that applied for it so next time they a better change of getting a invite/account even if they have lower posts.
    Thats What i Always Do....First Come, first Served ....
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (08.06.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Also postcount is Just a symbol of your participation in the Forums & its good to have post limitations ,but not too much hiGh....
    If given the choice between someone with 1,000 posts, none of which are noteworthy outside the fact that they're just filler wasting space in a database, or someone with 5 posts, all of which are germane to the topic that they're located in, the fellow with the lesser number of posts is the victor.

There should be rules, standards, practices, and expectations of people who post in forums. If you postwhore just to be noticed, you should be treated like a whore - cast into the street like common filth and left to die alone and diseased. People who whore, in any sense of the word, are hangers-on; simply pimples on the ass of life. Nothing more than a petty annoyance that should be dealt with sternly so as to not upset the delicate nature of the rest of the operation.

But I digress...
    Last edited by Stickbutt; 07.06.09 at 09:47.
    Thanks

Elite
    P2P Client
    Anonymous
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    2/5 sssss1763
    YES..but still i give my invites on random..even on the members that don't fii the requirements 100%.

Only bad thing it's that i have noticed that people they want an invite on level 2-3-4 tracker want that invite only On "cheating testing tracker" not that they really need'it..and so i have awake sometime's with my account banned since all my inviters have been banned for bad cheating reasons.

Also it's good to have an opinion only the members that they have giveaway invites minimum once in their lives until now.
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (08.06.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    I asked just once for invite on that thread,because i don't need others or i have it already.I think inviter should have the last word,even if i put some requirements i rather give invite to someone like Anon or in that category then someone else because i can trust him more and he has more experience(this is if i give good tracker invites).i don't wont to give invite to some that test shity tools and is kicked in 2 days and because of that my account is getting to be disabled
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (08.06.09)

P2P Client
    vUze Xtreme & mRatio
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss291
    Well i would Like to Point out 1 more Thing at this moment..Well in giveaways threads , same tracker invites Are being offered by Different members but with different POST restrictions or whatever They think are worth number of posts for that particular Tracker. this also creates indifference.

My suggestion would be to make & imply a Global/Common Post count or Activity Restrictions for the Trackers according to their RespecTive Levels in SB-i Tracker Level List.

e.g. Like For All Level 1 trackers ,the minimum Post count Would be (say) 20 or an Activity of 10% .

Well The benefit of This Will be Equality For All..Though there can be Some Exceptional trackers also requiring some higher Number of Posts than its other same level trackers.
    this will also remove any confusion.
    Thanks

22. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (08.06.09)

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss86
    i think its definitly "yes"...thats true inviter has last word
    Thanks

24. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (08.06.09)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    imo rules considering giveaways should be kept simple

my vote: yes

why:

- the user who gives should have the final call - its his invite/account in the first place, he can also determine what the basic requirements should be
    - normally, when a user that meets (or almost meets) the requirements asks for the invite/account it is expected to be delivered (first come - first served)
    - if it happens that more users are asking for the invite/account, the expected action would be to serve those that have better qualifications (better user - first served)
    - since both of these methods have their pros/cons, to keep things more balanced the user who gives might make an internal notice (statistics) on his sb-i profile like this:

my giveaways:
    tracker1
    - served: user1 (2inv), user2 (1acc), user3 (1inv)
    - not served: user4, user5, user6 (2x asked)
    tracker2
    - served: user7 (1acc), user4 (1inv)
    - not served: user2, user5, user8

so next time (next giveaway) when the user who gives gets many requests for tracker1 he can choose to give that invite/account to the users who asked before but weren't served yet (like in the example above the likely candidate would be user6, unless users 4&5 are quite better users) - this applies only in the case that those not yet served asked for invite/account when the next giveaway was announced (since they may not be interested anymore,...)

summary:
    1. (first come - first served) rule - applies when there are enough invites/accounts for those that are interested (those that sent a PM)
    2. (better user - first served) rule - applies when there are more interested users than the number of invites/accounts
    2. a) non served users have a better chance for the next giveaway (but they have to send the PM again)

- since all 'cheating' accounts (and related invites) have a higher risk than normal accounts it would be wise for the 'giver' to have a backup account in case something happens
    Thanks

26. Who Said Thanks:

abookhalil (10.06.09) , SealLion (08.06.09) , anonftw (07.06.09)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast