Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss581

Check your anonymity

I have discovered 2 sites pretending able to Unanonymyzing proxies:

1) proxy-check.squabbel.com/

2) decloak.net/

The first indeed manages to unanonymize some proxy, such as ChinaMommy.cn. But it fails with some others, as Megaproxy or Ninjaproxy. More precisely, when I am connecting with Megaproxy, the "unanonymizer" manages to see that I use a proxy, but is unable to find my "real" IP (or more exactly my VPN IP, my real IP being known only from my ISP and my VPN provider, at least I suppose it). When I am connecting with Ninjaproxy, the Unanonymiser neither detects that I use a proxy, nor manages to find my real IP.

So, it allows some classification concerning the level of anonymity provided by some proxies.

The second, Decloak, was apparently much more promising: Along its developer, Decloak identifies the real IP address of a web user, regardless of proxy settings, using a combination of client-side technologies and custom services (such as java), and only a properly configured Tor +Privoxy connection is able to defeat it.
    (cf Metasploit: Metasploit Decloak v2 (UnAnonymizer)).

But I am very disappointed with its performance: Decloack has been unable to find my "real" IP address, even when I used the weak proxy ChinaMommy.

Does anyone know some well-working unanonymyzing tool ??
    Last edited by Renk; 17.03.09 at 01:13.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Aurion (20.03.09) , anon (17.03.09)

P2P Client
    µT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss435
    I am sorry to ask the question, but what is the purpose of using such Unanonymyzing proxies?

I mean, making me visible again for everybody, instead staying undected behind a proxy or more (), is the complete opposite I want to achieve with such services as TOR, etc. ...

But I guess I got it al little wrong... The purpose is served in countries with a strong censorship, such as China, isnt it?

Hopefully I am on the right track with my 2nd thought.

greetz vDD

EDIT: cause you know, asking is the first way to gain knowledge
    Last edited by vDD+wR; 17.03.09 at 17:14.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    @Renk: I tried both with TNTProxy.com, and they couldn't see my real IP. An explanation I saw at Decloak hints at that they use a Flash script or something similar to bypass proxies and get your real IP directly - this can be prevented by disabling scripts and Flash, Shockwave and Java, but at the cost of losing functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Renk View Post
    Does anyone know some well-working unanonymyzing tool ??
    Check this.

Quote Originally Posted by vDD View Post
    I am sorry to ask the question, but what is the purpose of using such Unanonymyzing proxies?
    They aren't unanonyzing proxies, but anonimity test tools Useful to know if the proxy you're using is really hiding your IP, or if a small script can still get your real address and blow your cover.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Well,honestly I was impressed with both of them,so let me give results.

1. The first one was successfully able to detect 3 out of 5 proxies that I tested showing me the origin of that proxy,wither my IP is reversed or not,and my real IP.

2. The second one passed my first test,and failed the rest,so it would be 1 out of 5.

P.S I used same proxies to compare between them.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread