+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as it was meant to be played

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386

Play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as it was meant to be played

Remember back in November 2001, when S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was announced, and quickly became one of the most anticipated PC games at the time? You may then recall several delays thanks to numerous setbacks, including a pre-alpha build leak of the game in December of 2003. More setbacks and more delays meant the game was finally released in March of 2007. Now you can play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as it was envisioned in 2004 thanks to developer GSC.

Once S.T.A.L.K.E.R was finally released, many things such as vehicles, RPG elements, and advanced AI had either been changed, altered, or just completely cut in the final release. The physics engine was also completely redone, and needless to say, many people were disappointed as they had expected much more. So have you ever wondered what the game could have been if it was released when it was supposed to be? Now you can check out a fully playable Build Version numbered 1935 from 2004, which contains all of the original levels plus some that were cut.
    Article

Direct Download
    Torrent
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (07.03.09) , takomania (07.03.09)

Well I downloaded it,played it I can say it's better than the originalbut it's too short and some npcs are missing.I searched a bit and found out about a mod named Oblivion Lost.This mod hopes to bring back all that they say it was "lost" during the making of this great game.It can be downloaded hereOblivion Lost 2.2 for 1.005, Stalker Downloads, Stalker Total Conversions
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

P2P Client
    utorrent 1.8
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss281
    I had initially played S.T.A.L.K.E.R without the mod & patches. Although i found it was interesting but on the same time was buggy.It was laying idle in my HDD until recently i came to know about Oblivion lost mod & how it changed the game.

Hence i installes the mod & patches , & started all over again ,I must admit after installing the latest patch(1.005) & the OL mod... S.T.A.L.K.E.R Chernobyl turned out to be one the best FPS i ever played. The mod has really brought in few drastic changes which is really awesome.Especially the weather changes & a sense of strange feeling that entire human race is vanished..which comes out quite naturally in the Nuclear wasteland.
    Last edited by kelly; 09.05.09 at 08:43.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread