+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TVT.ro ... Possible Scam

Activity Longevity
    4/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827

TVT.ro ... Possible Scam

According to FST and RP (threads are linked below), the admin of TVT.ro scammed accounts of his users who used the same name and password on other trackers, and now sells them.
    So, if you are/were a member of TVT.ro and used the same name and password on other sites too, it's recommended that you instantly change your passwords.

FST - TVT.ro admin a scammer?

RP - If you were a member at tvt.ro

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

xarda (30.01.09) , anon (30.01.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss117
    It's a lie and even the user dj**** said that someone was using his name. Just be sure to use a different pw from tvt.ro to other BT sites and its best if you're using a seedbox to know or have a little information about the company/people.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    Damn admin,that's why my account was disabled,i used it on 2 more trackers with same pass.first the tracker was unavailable for couple of days and today i notice my account was disabled
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss117
    Well,after a lot of work and effort and an amazing amount of communication between multiple trackers, the user whom impersonated Djharbuz has been tracked down and subsequently banned from most trackers.
    We would like to see this become a global ban, a legitimate global ban across all trackers eventually.
    This persons information as well as the information of the seedboxes he was using to steal account information, can be obtained from me. If you are staff at any tracker and cane prove so, I will be glad to hand this data over so you can ensure your site is safer today than it may have been yesterday.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss26
    It has come to our attention that the culprit of the afore-mentioned scam is not at all the admin of tvt.ro nor anyone associated with the site; it was merely someone trying to disguise themselves as djharbuz.

After extensive conversations with both staff at tvt.ro and other trackers, we have determined that the tvt.ro site is clear of all allegations and those pretending to be them were merely scammers.
    We will continue to post information that may prevent harm to our members as we value security as much as you do - and wish to share pertinent information when it is remotely relevant. In this case, the accused parties are completely innocent and the whole thing was nothing more than an elaborate hoax of disguise.
    Do, however, take this as an opportunity to better secure your password's and log-in information as it's now (hopefully) apparent to everyone that these sorts of threats do exist. Best wishes to djharbuz and his staff at tvt.ro

-What.CD Staff
    Thanks

It was a full day for me, shoulder and the other staff members who helped at finding the real bad guy.
    The user who impersonated me got what he deserves and I hope this is a lesson to all of you out there.

I have to mention that TvT.ro (tv.torrents.ro) wasn't associated or affiliated with this scam and all of those with accounts there need to stay calm because your personal data is ok.

We couldn't get to the bottom of this problem without the help of shoulder and both what.cd and ScL staff members.

Thanks you guys... and as goodbye says, have a great weekend!
    Last edited by bornwinner; 30.01.09 at 23:04.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Yeah,that's true ... the same article is pre posted on What.cd's forums advising everybody to change both their passwords & passkeys as that Staffer luckily managed to guess most of the members' passwords & got almost 30% of the current accounts before getting disabled all the way from tvt.ro
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread