Thread: Cheating on iptorrents?

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by mepmao View Post
    cheated using a program and somehow the program reported his true download/upload
    On this basis, maybe the reasonable inference is we should use a tool that does not have this bug?

I used RatioGhost, RM+, mR one after another on IPT and cheated ↑10T+ until now, no problem so far.

For your reference, the rules I follow:
    1. Reasonable speed (not too high, not too low, both too conspicuous. the same speed as most people show on peerlist is better)
    2. When downloading, upload speed should be set much lower than download speed. Don't let torrent ratio reach more than 1 the moment it just finished. too fake.
    3. Memory reader.
    4. Choose swarm torrents (avoid pack bc there are partial leechers)
    5. When leecher of a swarm torrent becomes small later, stop cheating on it.
    6. When seeder becomes 0 for downloading torrents, stop cheating on it or pay close attention to the progress bar on peerlist to prevent your progress from running ahead of everyone else (even becoming the only one who has finished it) and causing exposed.
    7. Disperse cheating traffic and time. Creating little fake uploads on 50 torrents is obviously less noticeable and detectable than creating huge upload on only 1 torrent. Similarly, cheating 50G/day for 20 days is less noticeable than cheating 1T in only one day.
    8. Never appear on the top10 list, whether it is Top10 Upload, Top10 Upload Speed, Top10 Total Seeding, Top10 Seeding Size or whatever. Never comment. Speak in the forum as little as possible. Keep low key.
    9. Better not cross-seed. If have to, avoid those exclusive ones, choose those can be obtained from other trackers.
    10. Using randomization, do not let all torrent speeds be the same at all times.
    11. If cheating with uTorrent old version 2.X, do not choose torrents over 1T, which will definitely cause exposed, bc uT 2.X does not support torrent over 1T.
    12. Don't cheat always. some normal torrents/time, some cheating torrents/time. the more mix them up, the harder for staff to target us.
    This set of principles apply to most trackers. Whether also applicable in cabal trackers? idk bc never dare to experiment, hope got to know someday...

---------- Post Merged at 10:08 ---------- Previous Post was at 09:32 ----------

Personally, I dont like use Waffles Method and "Dont send complete flag" feature. This is also what I want to exchange views with experts here, because idk if this analysis is wrong.

Although there seems no reports so far that some using Waffles Method are got caught, but in theory, these 2 features have highly obvious footprints to trace. Waffles Method send too many STOP announces compared to not cheating. As long as the tracker start recording the number of times we send STOP, we will be exposed. For "Dont send complete flag" feature, like the screenshot <here> shows, tracker already record the number of our Downloads and Snatched, they just need to do a division X = Snatched / Downloads. If someone's X is too low, he has a high probability of being those who overuse the feature "Dont send", then staff can begin to examine him in more detail.

The question is whether tracker willing to cost lots of resources to let a programmer code these things. someday they're willing, then we become highly risky using these 2 features. So personally not use them anymore....
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

DocHydra (10.04.21) , suicideLEOPARD (14.03.21) , austinpowers (26.03.19) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (17.03.19) , anon (17.03.19)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnareyouOK View Post
    This is all very good advice.

Although there seems no reports so far that some using Waffles Method are got caught, but in theory, these 2 features have highly obvious footprints to trace. Waffles Method send too many STOP announces compared to not cheating. As long as the tracker start recording the number of times we send STOP, we will be exposed. For "Dont send complete flag" feature, like the screenshot <here> shows, tracker already record the number of our Downloads and Snatched, they just need to do a division X = Snatched / Downloads. If someone's X is too low, he has a high probability of being those who overuse the feature "Dont send", then staff can begin to examine him in more detail.
    Sound reasoning, although it should be noted that all acts of cheating carry some risk. They can be bigger or smaller or nominal or otherwise differ, but they're there.

Also, partial seeding doesn't send the completed flag, so there's a legitimate reason for discrepancies between the amount of downloaded vs. snatched torrents. The actual risk factor here is being seen seeding a lot of torrents that aren't in your snatchlist.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (17.03.19)

P2P Client
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Activity Longevity
    3/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss422
    In my experience 90% of them don't even check for cheaters. I don't even have account on most of the cabal trackers as i can find the torrents they have on the other "easier to join" private trackers.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (17.03.19)

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    EditedEditedEdited
    Last edited by JohnareyouOK; 18.03.19 at 08:11. Reason: edit
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss38
    Oh wow, thanks! This is super helpful.

Do you ever use the "ghostleech" feature? How does it work?
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod 5.7.5.0
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss27
    Yes with BiglyBT i get very small number of connected peers compared to VEM i use speed mode ++ also i try to combine and use swarm peers instead of the number connected to but same situation much better with VEM.

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 ---------- Previous Post was at 12:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Find new torrents with leechers and be fast. Or read the discussion thread for the tracker in question to know what else you can do. By any means, always avoid packs.

Also, any reason you're not using the BiglyBT mod instead of Vuze?
    Last edited by 20XEJ; 17.03.19 at 11:50.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Qbittorent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    On this basis, maybe the reasonable inference is we should use a tool that does not have this bug?

I used RatioGhost, RM+, mR one after another on IPT and cheated ↑10T+ until now, no problem so far.

1. Reasonable speed (not too high, not too low, both too conspicuous. the same speed as most people show on peerlist is better)
    2. When downloading, upload speed should be set much lower than download speed. Don't let torrent ratio reach more than 1 the moment it just finished. too fake.
    3. Memory reader.
    4. Choose swarm torrents (avoid pack bc there are partial leechers)
    5. When leecher of a swarm torrent becomes small later, stop cheating on it.
    6. When seeder becomes 0 for downloading torrents, stop cheating on it or pay close attention to the progress bar on peerlist to prevent your progress from running ahead of everyone else (even becoming the only one who has finished it) and causing exposed.
    7. Disperse cheating traffic and time. Creating little fake uploads on 50 torrents is obviously less noticeable and detectable than creating huge upload on only 1 torrent. Similarly, cheating 50G/day for 20 days is less noticeable than cheating 1T in only one day.
    8. Never appear on the top10 list, whether it is Top10 Upload, Top10 Upload Speed, Top10 Total Seeding, Top10 Seeding Size or whatever. Never comment. Speak in the forum as little as possible. Keep low key.
    9. Better not cross-seed. If have to, avoid those exclusive ones, choose those can be obtained from other trackers.
    10. Using randomization, do not let all torrent speeds be the same at all times.
    11. If cheating with uTorrent old version 2.X, do not choose torrents over 1T, which will definitely cause exposed, bc uT 2.X does not support torrent over 1T.
    12. Don't cheat always. some normal torrents/time, some cheating torrents/time. the more mix them up, the harder for staff to target us.
    This set of principles apply to most trackers. Whether also applicable in cabal trackers? idk bc never dare to experiment, hope got to know someday...

---------- Post Merged at 10:08 ---------- Previous Post was at 09:32 ----------

Personally, I dont like use Waffles Method and "Dont send complete flag" feature. This is also what I want to exchange views with experts here, because idk if this analysis is wrong.

The question is whether tracker willing to cost lots of resources to let a programmer code these things. someday they're willing, then we become highly risky using these 2 features. So personally not use them anymore....
    I'm just using ratio ghost, should I keep settings at default?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner93 View Post
    I'm not familiar with that program, but I would think using default settings and following his advice are mutually exclusive.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner93 View Post
    Default setting is safe 99% of the time, unless our real upload speed is already not low, in which condition, the report speed which can reach our real speed multiplied by 8 maybe abnormally high, thus getting noticed by staff.

This's the setting guide: http://ratioghost.com/options
    In one words, only C (upload multiplier) needs to be modified based on our non-cheating ratio. other options remaining the default is enough.
    Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Gooner93 (07.07.19)

P2P Client
    utorrent,qbitorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 8/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss13
    Hey guys,
    i'm stuck with 12 torrents in HnR at ipt and i've lost those files
    So i want any Client which shows fake torrents seeding, a client which supports all 15 torrents at once
    as i have to seed them 336 hours.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    There are several choices available.

1. Use BiglyBT Extreme Mod, add your torrents with all files deselected, and use either of the following (functionally identical) settings:
      • No reporting (0 UP & 0 DL) -> "Show you as seed (100% done)" enabled.
      • Fake upload "speed mode++" -> "Show you as a seeder" enabled, and fake upload speeds both set to 0 KB/s.
    2. Use Serenity, create a profile that enables "be seeder (100% done)", "no report download", "no report upload", "no report corrupt" and "don't announce completed event", add your torrents with all files deselected and label them accordingly.
    3. Use the NoComplete_NoReport-Seeder mod in the uTorrent Expansion pack and add your torrents with all files deselected.
    4. Use RatioMaster Plus and add all your torrents as 100% done.
    5. Use mRatio and add all your torrents as 100% done.

Whatever you choose, you'll to have to keep it running for 336 hours. Seeding can be faked, seeding time cannot.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

DocHydra (10.04.21) , ahmed6696 (24.09.19)

I was using mR and I accidentally started a few torrents with 0 leechers without adjusting the settings, so a few megabytes were uploaded.
    Do you think I'm going to be banned or is it a passable mistake?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by qJW1NK!3vB5&!QQ View Post
    Do you think I'm going to be banned
    Highly unlikely, but consider this a "free" mistake and double-check everything next time.
    Thanks

19. Who Said Thanks:

qJW1NK!3vB5&!QQ (19.09.19)

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Highly unlikely, but consider this a "free" mistake and double-check everything next time.
    Oh ok, thanks for the quick reply! I've been trying to pretend-seed on a few trackers and thought the 0 upload would look suspicious after a while, so I wanted to see if I could upload so that it doesn't look as bad.

Are there any tools or modded clients available that detect whether a peer is a partial seeder and to not upload if it's one?
    Last edited by qJW1NK!3vB5&!QQ; 19.09.19 at 12:45.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by qJW1NK!3vB5&!QQ View Post
    Are there any tools or modded clients available that detect whether a peer is a partial seeder and to not upload if it's one?
    The "stop faking when swarm speed is zero" setting in BiglyBT Extreme Mod helps with this, but you should still pick your torrents well.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast