Thread: How to join What.CD

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickbutt View Post
    I've had job interviews where I was asked less questions. The average end user isn't going to upload their own material anyway, so the entirety of the interview process is just for e-penis on the part of the tracker admins.
    Let's hope the HD Video sites don't get any ideas from these people.
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (02.05.09)

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2059
    I was thinking (out of nowhere) how useless this interview is, they are so full of shit. Starting by the fact many areas are banned from the interview, I've seen mentions of a lot of locations including: Romania, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, India, Israel, Poland and many more. Who these fuckers think they are? Don't they know they are killing the purpose of p2p?

Another point is, you don't have to be smart to know there's a good chance the best part of the interviews are all fake and full of lies. All you need to do is read (like when you study for a test), submit, lie carefuly and join and then forget about what you read on the preparations docs (pretty much like when you study for a test on a subject you hate, you end up forgeting everything after a few days). Come on, we all like music at some degree, but I can imagine not everybody is concerned about the little details involved in making the music files. My main point is they don't care about their candidates lying but hate the cheaters, so controversial.

Sorry to bash their asses like that in this thread, but that's how I feel, I never been there for long enough (got cut off due to a tree ban, after less than 1 day) and atm I get my musics from somewhere else like soulseek, full albuns at general trackers and some more rare stuff at waffles, which imo is a great place.
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

anon (02.05.09)

P2P Client
    vuze extreme mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss336
    @Alpacino, embarrassingly enough, I bot banned a few days after signing up because I didn't research my cheat tools and made an idiot out of myself. But a few months later I found Waffles as well and haven't ever tried to go back to What ? BTW, all it takes is a few minutes of memorization to pass through that test. So, people, all you gotta do is memorize the answers. Hell, they have sample tests in a thread on this site. The only bad part is waiting for the lofty interviewers to decide to interview you. I may go back one day, but Waffles has style, IMO.
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (02.05.09)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    4/5 ssss39385
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    I was thinking (out of nowhere) how useless this interview is, they are so full of shit. Starting by the fact many areas are banned from the interview, I've seen mentions of a lot of locations including: Romania, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, India, Israel, Poland and many more. Who these fuckers think they are? Don't they know they are killing the purpose of p2p?
    Blocking people from those countries from doing the IRC interview (which, should they pass, proves they -supposedly- will be good members of the site) but not from using the tracker by being invited normally is indeed stupid.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (03.05.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    who cares about What.CD anyway,music is anyway easy to download also without trackers
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (03.05.09)

P2P Client
    uTorrent / Azureus / kTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss531
    I can see your point kazuya, but What.CD is the MacDaddy (that's not a word you hear often hehe) of music trackers (IMO). There is just so much stuff; 250000~ of music! And due to their strict rules about the source of the torrent, everything sounds beautiful (monetary investment into decent audio equipment may be required). It also gives a good leverage on trades, and I was even planning on giving my invites for free, before I got banned.

Though there are many alternatives; STMusic, Pedro's, Waffles.FM just to name a few, as well as RS links.

Hit the big 3-0-0. I was wondering where I could spam post without making it seem like spam.
    Last edited by splicer; 02.05.09 at 21:48.
    Thanks

12. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (03.05.09) , anonftw (02.05.09)

P2P Client
    vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss102
    I don't think mac addresses are banned, I went to their irc after my account was disabled, was in there invite channel, and their help channel, and their disabled channel, not banned... lol!
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2059
    Yes, MAC ban would be absurd, because I read somewhere that even through a hard inspection they could only know the last 2 bits of the effective MAC address. And now, millions of different users have the same 2 bits on their MAC
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss531
    Well I still maintain the beleif they do. This comes from the fact that when I tried to join their invites channel, I kept on receiving an IRC message saying I need an invite to join the invites channel. I called my ISP and got an IP change; but I still recieved that message whenever I tried to join.

Kazuya then told me about bridging the modem (and then I fell in love with him) and I was able t gain my MAC spoofing abilities back. Spoofed it once, got a new MAC, and was able to join the invites channel.

From my two experiences, they can ban MAC addresses, and so, that is what I believe. If you don't want to believe the same, that's fine, I wasn't going to force it upon you.
    Last edited by splicer; 06.05.09 at 10:46.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (06.05.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    @Splicer maybe they don't ban MAC,i don't know for sure since when you changed MAC in router your IP also changed when you rebooted router after that,did your IP changed?of course that happened if you have dynamic IP and not static
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2059
    @splicer I believe you man, I never meant to hurt your trust

Now I am thinking, maybe they can ban only MAC in routers and not in Operating System/network card? I was thinking it could be the way routers present themselves to the internet?
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss531
    @kazuya
    My ISP gives long lease dynamic IPs, and registers an IP to a MAC address for a about a month (that's what the technician said); simply turning off/on my modem never changed the IP. When I bridged the modem, and spoofed a MAC using my Linksys router, I got a new IP because of the "new" MAC address. Keep in mind that the IP still stayed within the same range, so it wasn't that What.CD had banned the range, as I was then able to join the invite channel.

@alpacino
    I really don't know; I'm fairly sure it's the router MAC adress, but I'm not an expert...
    Last edited by splicer; 06.05.09 at 14:18.
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (06.05.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss42
    Quote Originally Posted by kazuya View Post
    who cares about What.CD anyway,music is anyway easy to download also without trackers
    But the quaility isn't too good...
    Thanks

P2P Client
    none, just the toolz
    Activity Longevity
    5/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2059
    But the quaility isn't too good...
    Why not? V2 scene releases are more than enough for me
    it's hip to be square
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss68
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacino View Post
    Why not? V2 scene releases are more than enough for me
    That may be the case, but for others, V2 simply will not do.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast