Thread: Private trackers - advantages and disadvantages

P2P Client
    azu
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss346

Private trackers - advantages and disadvantages

whats the best thing u notice about private trackers in general and whts the worst?
    comment
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    I think the best about private trackers is that you get increased speed, security, and file availability and diversity (specially in those that specialize on an exclusive kind of content, like movies or music) than in public ones. There are also those that have very good communities.

The worst are that at some it's hard to get inside (but this is why they're private) and keep up a good ratio if you don't cheat, and sometimes even so Also, a few seem to be proof of how easy it is to install a TBDev script on a server and then forget about it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

3. Who Said Thanks:

Tinkle (13.12.08)

P2P Client
    azu
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss346
    i think from my point private trackers r best to get rare and realy gud data
    bt the worst part is
    they impose too much rules on user there by making him realy too much into think abt downloading
    especially with ratio rules in trackers which have very few members
    since all jump on new releases and finnaly ppl have very few leechers
    so ratios gets slumped
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    One if not the main reason for me to get into private trackers,is just I feel secure,self privacy & most of all well served with all stuff I might ever need in my life,that's why this is the dreving reason for a private spot for any calm-secure & destiguished place seeker...on the other hand one of the reasons I hate about some trackers,big ones,that they play GODs in selecting what members to allow using their private contents,which I think it's totally against the main definition or reason for free sharing...
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Went to FSF link that Anon gave. Check it out:

went to that link to see what those 3 active torrents were all about.

Check it out:

This site is not up anymore due to lack of time for management. If you'd like to manage this torrent site, please contact the owner.
    Sorry for the inconvenience
    uh, huh....

oh, by the way....I read this on one of the comments left on the FSF article that discussed about those trackers that were in that same article;

....the coders at FunFile left because the site owner, l0ckdown, was doing suspicious things with donations....

Does that surprise you???

Last edited by SealLion; 19.12.08 at 12:40.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Thanks

jolas
    worst: if u have in mind, that we live like PIRATES, we download, and seed, stuff that our countrys say it illegal.

you can´t, ever, be surprised, to see some admins using donations money, to buy cars, houses or even dildos, huge dildos collections ( like the sct staff does - world record -- for more dildos purchased over the last couple of years)

the best?
    speed
    if the place is little like around 1.000 and 2.000 members, you might make some cool new friends also. help and be helped!
    security some times, depending, on the age, status, of the tracker.

overall - were pirates, we live, and do like they used to, we steal and give it back to the whores. its our little paralell economy.

have fun forget about the rest.

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    @SealLion & jolas: I didn't know about ScT's dildos (lol!), but it wouldn't be the first time a staffer uses donations for, huh, something that isn't funding their tracker's server. Remember SuperTorrents and how Ersan used donations to buy a Lexus IS 300?

I'll have to agree with jolas with the making friends thing. Some trackers have really nice and friendly communities - from what I have heard and been told, FSC has one of, if not the best around, for example.
    Thanks

jolas
    fsc? well i guess they need to say something, if they whant to stay on the top 4 most whanted trackers!!!! LLLLLOOOOLLLL

no one, but really no one beats the acid-lounge community.
    just saying. been there done that.

im, not mocking at you anon, its what we ear from the collectors and such, when they say they whant in, thats is 90% of the time a reason for.

i dont have fsc but i have used someone elses account severall times, when hes away on businnes.

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    Quote Originally Posted by jolas View Post
    im, not mocking at you anon, its what we ear from the collectors and such, when they say they whant in, thats is 90% of the time a reason for.
    It's OK, no offense taken - you have the full right to post your opinion.

I'm not a FSC member either - it's just what I have heard. And anyway, I don't drop by trackers' forums/chats/IRCs too much, I just use them to get and seed back the latest app/game, or something I needed.
    Thanks

jolas
    my bad i mean: its was not directed at you, thats what i tryed to say, im a bad english writter.

i was directing it at the guys from fst and others.

sorry if u think it was directed at you.

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssss39410
    No problem at all.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    azu
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss346
    truth is i find it funny p2p was made to share and njoy
    bt i have seen users from famous sites they r rude to newbies and they tend to forget they were also as new to the p2p as ppl who join later are
    and i dont understand sites like FTN and other as such they have created such a hype bt shocking thing is my friend who has been member there says i wud prefer TL coz they have more torrents and more stuff to download and choose from than FTN
    i believe private torrent sites must adopt policy of first come first serve too much bullying will only kill them at some point of time
    i mean after sum time ppl wud surely say demonoid much better than those for a simple reason demonoid has laid more importance to seeding than net bandwidth
    i personally am member of td tb scl and sum more bt to be honest
    i njoy demonoid million times more and also i will say TD is realy better coz of realy sum active forums and communities
    Thanks

jolas
    Quote Originally Posted by austin414 View Post
    truth is i find it funny p2p was made to share and njoy
    umm , maybe for some, but maybe not for all. check the sct money leeching technics.
    maybe they just sell invites, and gbs because they whant to help us, and im wrong cause i always tought that donations there where more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by austin414 View Post
    bt i have seen users from famous sites they r rude to newbies and they tend to forget they were also as new to the p2p as ppl who join later are
    right on!

but some of thoese trackers are ruled by teens.

there are tracker were a newbie is important, where they care, and they don´t mind helping you. acid - its are a good example.

others more l33t like e***o are harder for newbies, ( thoese who drop by parachutes, whit no connections what so ever.

P2P Client
    azu
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss346
    truth is i havent been on acid so wont comment on it
    bt i checked sum forums on net which did say they have a active forum grounds and a well participated discusion talks too
    my point is sites must make sure they have both active participating users and users with high bandwidth
    bt these days sites are soo busy marketing themselves they get sold out for money and fail to give BT wht it realy wants share njoy take and have fun
    bt i think if trend continues like this BT wud become pay share give and more give and take sum to make sure u have sumthing frm us :)
    if u guys have heard about site darksiderg i found tht site little helpful though its not completely considered to be private bt still
    truth is site must be little considerate in selecting members i mean ppl prefer givin invites to ptn users who have less share ratio than givin invite to a pretome user who has more share ratio just coz they want themselves to get into ptn they do which i feel is little unjust since a user who realy can share sumthing looses the oppurtunity
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss73
    i like private trackers because the have very fast seeders

but the downside, it is very hard for you to upload
    i don't know why but i just don't get any leecher to come to me
    the only sure way to upload is to create new torrent
    Thanks