Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Strike while the iron is hot

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39482

Strike while the iron is hot

Today, we'd like to once again present the biggest problem for our coders' productivity. Currently, new mods are released as never before, even more than in the past at other boards. In addition, there are many other, unique ongoing projects of the highest quality. Until now this is all good, and for our mods' actual users, a whole advantage.

Almost half a year ago, we decided to disable the so-called "credit system", as it makes little sense to force someone to write something, only to then be able to download our mods. This method has gone outdated, so we removed it from our forum. Since then, the downloads amount has of course increased significantly, and the posts one slightly decreased.

But let's go back to our main problem. As it always happens, there are people who are jealous or simply envious of our great work, and simply want to hurt us and take the biggest slice of the pie. That's of course understandable, as we can with a little pride say we are the worldwide #1 board with such an unique, straightforward offer.

We have many times used the time where we'd usually meet up with our friends, or earn money, to invest it in this forum. SB-Innovation has become somewhat more developed, which is increasingly time-consuming. Every new project requires hundreds of hours of work, but we take the needed time and patience for new inventions. We do this for you, not for us.

There is a site (whose name is irrelevant) which doesn't respect our work, mocks us, and releases our products as theirs. Of course this fact alone doesn't matter to us, partly because we're not at such a low level - we simply don't need it. However, his page only exists to monetarily profit from our work, so it's our exact opposite.

In recent weeks we have had a huge decline in our amount of visitors, which makes us lack the advertising revenue we urgently need to pay our server. Also, our public image risks getting damaged if copies of our programs going by different names, to the point of being unrecognizable, keep on appearing and circulating around the net. (Although this somehow flatters us, as it'd mean our work is so good that attempting to copy it is the only alternative.)

The people behind this site effectively don't seem to know what they're doing. Without us there would be no new mods, without new mods there would be no money, and without money they'd have to either close the site or post only bad 0-day tools and other unneeded things.

Given this situation, it won't be long until we take the first steps against mod stealing. Maybe we'll have to stop releasing mods forever (at least for the public sector), or close registration and switch to an "invite only" system.

Reality is, in that case we'd be certainly taking a step backwards, which we can't accept. This article is only to inform our users, and everyone else that's interested, about our situation, and possible changes to our site to stop the mod stealing.

On this note, have a nice weekend and think about what many of you take for granted but what actually isn't.

The SB-Innovation Team
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Dr.house (24.04.12) , saebrtooth (31.12.09) , thecoolest (19.10.09) , dgware (05.07.09) , Blocker (13.05.09) , DarkSaibot v.1.3.10 (24.03.09) , sisonvher (07.03.09) , mike (18.02.09) , - (20.12.08) , czullo (16.12.08) , Snitlev (06.12.08) , hitman (05.12.08) , - (01.12.08) , Renk (29.11.08) , fromas (29.11.08) , shoulder (29.11.08) , vDD+wR (29.11.08)

P2P Client
    azu
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss346
    we have google layer adds i have never seen any adds on our site
    and i dont have ad block plus and all installed too
    shocking
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent / Azureus / kTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss531
    Firstly, may I ask when are sign-ups open here at SB-I, or have they been permanently closed? If they have been closed, how would I go about getting a friend in here?

Secondly, a major flaw to any IRC channel is the capability of using WHOIS style commands, whereby a user may found out another users IP, which could then be reported to trackers. I'm not an IRC expert, but I'm sure that the use of shells, or dis-allowing WHOIS would stop this.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39482
    we have google layer adds
    Yes, layer ads appear for people from countries whose clicks generate revenue.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss240
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Yes, layer ads appear for people from countries whose clicks generate revenue.
    the ads seem to appear only if you are viewing the board as a guest.

Thanks

P2P Client
    bitrcomet
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss179
    I don't know if this issue is resolved, but I'll comment on the possibility of an invite system and its effects on member size.

Many people are deterred from private trackers because of the uploading obligations, and many who do accidentially get into high level trackers from a friend in real life quickly die out [ban]on the tracker because they don't want to spend the necessary time to raise their ratio, which would often require strategies that seem ridiculous such as cross seeding, leaving their computers on 24/7.

Tools like mratio make it easy to stay alive on the best trackers. Casual torrenters are the ones who use the tools but don't make posts.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2777
    Quote Originally Posted by nishant View Post
    I don't know if this issue is resolved, but I'll comment on the possibility of an invite system and its effects on member size.

Many people are deterred from private trackers because of the uploading obligations, and many who do accidentially get into high level trackers from a friend in real life quickly die out [ban]on the tracker because they don't want to spend the necessary time to raise their ratio, which would often require strategies that seem ridiculous such as cross seeding, leaving their computers on 24/7.

Tools like mratio make it easy to stay alive on the best trackers. Casual torrenters are the ones who use the tools but don't make posts.
    a registration on our forum is not more needed in first place if you search mods. guests can now download our mods and post in those threads to get support.

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    Firstly, may I ask when are sign-ups open here at SB-I, or have they been permanently closed? If they have been closed, how would I go about getting a friend in here?
    we decided to close the reg without a date for a reopening. as i wrote over your quote guests can now download mods and get support. if you have a friend that want to be a part of this community (active) you can tell it to us and we can give him an account. if he only want to download mods and is not interested to be a part of the community he can just download mods as a guest.

when we have all details ready we will announce everything

cheaten - wieso kompliziert wenn's auch einfach geht.!

No Place to Hide
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

SBfreak (27.05.09) , vDD+wR (14.05.09) , Dynamic (14.05.09) , Se7Ven (13.05.09)

Hi anon i saw this comparison and wants you too see it please:

Latest µtorrent 1.8.3 Leecher packs comparison - · Web Files Leech ·

Wish our mods the best every next time i know u always does your best for us thanks for that.
    Busy , new things always comes
    Its the time for personal life ,Still here from time to time, Greeting for everybody All .

Its easy way to capture the announces :-
    Tutorial how use SmartSniff to Capture announces for Bittorrent
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

Shin (16.07.09)

P2P Client
    eMule/µTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    Oh no, VMProtect again!
    I've read pro and contra, seba modspack seems to be much better...
    More clean, more features, more security...
    And it's free of damn exe protector
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    4/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    What do you mean with more features?
    The "removed" Ratio in uTorrent which isn't even included for example?

If you like his mods more, use them.
    But don't ask for support if they don't work properly or if you get banned.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

14. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (16.07.09)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2777
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmm View Post
    Hi anon i saw this comparison and wants you too see it please:

Latest µtorrent 1.8.3 Leecher packs comparison - · Web Files Leech ·

Wish our mods the best every next time i know u always does your best for us thanks for that.
    sebas version is acually ours he used our methods because his methods sucked in the past. this comparison is rediculous. the blog writer thinks only because sebas blog is older as our forum he provided as first this mods but thats wrong because things changed and since over a year you had to change the methods and in the past sebas versions had incredible bad announces that caused a ban. thats why he copied our methods . we dont invented all hex versions but a few and fixed old methods to get work better because since the beginning of utorrent 1.7 the old way of doing hex mods changed.

just look on the .client files on his page. he used ours but changed the autor to let look them like his files

No Place to Hide
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (17.07.09) , alpacino (16.07.09) , Shin (16.07.09) , mmmmm (16.07.09)

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    sebas version is acually ours

just look on the .client files on his page. he used ours but changed the autor to let look them like his files
    Yes, i know that anon told me that before and as i said before i'm not coder but trust all of you here so post it here.

Thank you hitman for explain.

EDIT:

he also changed the name in text file into hisname (TorrentProxy) u can see Mr.RM reply .
    Last edited by mmmmm; 16.07.09 at 14:38.
    Its the time for personal life ,Still here from time to time, Greeting for everybody All .

Thanks

P2P Client
    eMule/µTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss4
    I don't say that it is better, so it would seem from this comparison.
    Anyway i will test both modpacks, then I'll tell you what I like more
    (and surely i will never ask support for this mod)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2777
    the packer is to dont let him copy our improvements and new additions like emulation . thats why he dont need to use a packer because nobody gives a shit to copy from him

No Place to Hide
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (17.07.09) , mmmmm (16.07.09)

# RatioMaster Says:
    October 1st, 2006 at 2:47 pm

This is not cool at all seba. I dont know who leaked this and honestly dont care, but what annoys me is why you present this tool as your own work and change readme.
    You are a typical lamer.
    # seba14 Says:
    October 1st, 2006 at 7:47 pm

@Ratiomaster: i never say, that i have made this tool ;-)

I only published it for all, to test them !!!
    # RatioMaster Says:
    October 1st, 2006 at 11:07 pm

You know exactly what i am talking about, you changed the readme removing the original author and putting yourself in the credits.
    Fix the readme in your rar.
    Hope Mr.RatioMaster back to develop it again.

Thanks

22. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (17.07.09)

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39482
    I e-mailed Leechermods about their lop-sided, obviously biased article. Anyway, they don't care about us, they're already hinting people at unpacking Butcho's eMule mod.

Shin, what do you mean with "more clean, more features, more security"? I have cleaned all the call-homes and stat links from the EXEs, there's your cleanliness and security. seba's Multi-100x and Multi-101x mods are the same, my Multi-111x eliminates the need for dupe mods, which he uses as advertising for "more features" and therefore more money from cash links.

The ratio ("anti-leech protection") hasn't even been there since uTorrent 1.8.

"DHT enabled for all mods"... congratulations, if you forget to disable it on private torrents you may overfake and get banned.

The reason he doesn't use a packer is that when he managed to unpack Butcho's mods, he directly copied the code. We give a fuck about our users, and encrypt the EXEs so that tracker admins can't simply check what's new and put up scripts against new mods, like my NoReport-Leecher, for example. It's thanks to the "stupid, annoying, useless" packer that seba isn't publishing my emulation mods, or has found a way to make a "show as leecher" one - his "leecher" mods actually showed you as a seeder until after months, one of his visitors pointed this out and he removed them from the pack.

Do some search and you'll see how his mods sent &uploaded=000 or destroyed announces until he copied ours.

If the packer prevents some people from running them, well, that's really bad. But so far I can count the amount of cases where people have posted that here with my fingers, and I went to the extent of sending those members an unpacked mod.

mmmmm, he does the readme thing for all mods - and that's when he doesn't edit the mods to remove all references to our coders and board to replace them with his name and blog URL, but if you've been around for some time you'll already know this.
    Thanks

24. Who Said Thanks:

anonftw (17.07.09) , mmmmm (17.07.09) , alpacino (17.07.09)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast