Thread: Cheating on TL (TorrentLeech)

P2P Client
    rutorrent deluge qbitorrent utorrent tried them all
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11

Hi there, new forum user!!

Hey there, new user here, i have already been reading around for a few hours... Just wanted to give my "story" here and hopefully get a little input. I know i have a lot more reading to do about all the tools but my situation is a little specific.

First off i have been on TL for 11 years now, As everyone knows its tough to keep a ratio up on TL if you consume a lot of content, and I get lots of media for family memebers and friends.. my stats are
    UL 6.X TB DL 13.X TB

I cheated a bit about 7 years ago, and was even a bit wreckless with it, so I had a bit of a buffer, but then slowly over 7 years its gone away. Its been fine but now that ive gotten down below a certain amount they limit my slots to 3...

:::Edited out a big wall of text here, get the jist of it from the replies below::

Id love any input on my line of thinking here.

I was wondering about signing up for a second account as a safeguard- edit, i was linked to good info on this already. thx

Well im off to read read read about which program to use and how to do it as safe as possible, I naturally seed everything I download, and it goes to show that you have to go out of your way to cross seed, get a seedbox, or i guess just not download so much, to stay in their good graces. It prob doesnt help I set up media servers with plex at my relatives houses and load them up with stuff they like, so I am downloading a ton.

Wow that got longer than i meant.!!! Good meeting everyone, cheers. Thanks for any comments!!
    Last edited by Blankshot7655; 08.04.19 at 11:55. Reason: security
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    I didn't read very carefully because it's too long, but if this didn't misunderstand you:

Quote Originally Posted by Blankshot7655 View Post
    First off i have been on TL for XX years now...my stats are UL XX TB DL XX TB Ratio XX
    TL's staff may also be wandering here, and most trackers disallow users from being members of SBI at the same time. So if this is your real data, TL's staff may target your account on TL and ban you accordingly. mind privacy bro, edit out the too detail info that can locate you.

I definitey dont want to keep paying for the VPN or the seedbox, and want to get back to 1.3 or 1.5 so i dont have to worry about it for the next few years again..
    mRatio, RatioMaster Plus and BiglyBT Extreme Mod are all applicable to TL, through which we can manipulate rato by cheating, and maintain a very healthy ratio without needing purchasing seedbox. (eg. in TL, my total uploaded is more than 7T and the ratio is greater than 2, all of which is based on RatioMaster, no seedbox)

but be careful about strategy. tools may only account for part of the factors whether trackers can catch us cheating, another part is HOW we use these tools. You'd better read through at least the last 10 pages of this thread for cheating experience reference, and <here> are also some lessons I learned on SBI.

I was also thinking about inviting myself and accepting it at another IP, as a backup
    For how to hold multiple accounts, <this thread> is useful.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    If you have a 10 Gbit seedbox and have only managed to decrease your ratio with it so far, the solution is not cheating, but seriously rethinking your strategy.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnareyouOK View Post
    I didn't read very carefully because it's too long, but if this didn't misunderstand you:

TL's staff may also be wandering here, and most trackers disallow users from being members of SBI at the same time. So if this is your real data, TL's staff may target your account on TL and ban you accordingly. mind privacy bro, edit out the too detail info that can locate you.
    I edited the numbers enough to obsfuscate them, but you are right there is enough other info to get me found out..I made everything much less specific, I appreciate it.

mRatio, RatioMaster Plus and BiglyBT Extreme Mod are all applicable to TL, through which we can manipulate rato by cheating, and maintain a very healthy ratio without needing purchasing seedbox. (eg. in TL, my total uploaded is more than 7T and the ratio is greater than 2, all of which is based on RatioMaster, no seedbox)
    Oh i definitely realize its not needed, but I have it so was wondering if since i already have it for the month, it can be used in combination with any tools here..once I am back to even, going forward it will be very easy to maintain, I'm just in the spot where I'm Many TB in the negative, and want to get back even. once I'm there I realize its not hard to keep even without any kind of seedbox.

but be careful about strategy. tools may only account for part of the factors whether trackers can catch us cheating, another part is HOW we use these tools. You'd better read through at least the last 10 pages of this thread for cheating experience reference, and <here> are also some lessons I learned on SBI.
    Of course, id imagine the individual tool doesn't even matter as much as how it is used. Thats what i meant I need to research, thanks for the links.

For how to hold multiple accounts, <this thread> is useful.
    Thanks, just what I could use.

---------- Post Merged at 01:56 ---------- Previous Post was at 01:38 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If you have a 10 Gbit seedbox and have only managed to decrease your ratio with it so far, the solution is not cheating, but seriously rethinking your strategy.
    I deserve this one. I was just learning the ropes trying to set it up to download the best new torrents for seeding, and made an oversight, Once I got it set up its working correctly and gaining me ground, It just wont get me even by the end of the month.

But thats what im doing is rethinking my strategy, First it was to get a seedbox and try to get even legit that way, now its to get back to even using some of these tools+the seedbox, then when the month is over (because i dont want/need the seedbox) use the tools conservatively so i dont get so far behind again.

I just need to figure if any will work out with a seedbox, On the other hand maybe the strategy change you suggest should be forget the seedbox and just use the tools without it and slowly but surely gain my ground back. I just figured I could use it to my advantage while I have it.
    Last edited by Blankshot7655; 08.04.19 at 09:19. Reason: corrections
    Thanks

P2P Client
    BiglyBT
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss254
    Oh i definitely realize its not needed, but I have it so was wondering if since i already have it for the month, it can be used in combination with any tools here..once I am back to even, going forward it will be very easy to maintain, I'm just in the spot where I'm Many TB in the negative, and want to get back even. once I'm there I realize its not hard to keep even without any kind of seedbox.
    There is nothing special about returning to even:

Find the torrents you have snatched in snatchlist, load them 100% in mR/RMP, and fake the upload speeds on them (in theory torrents should be not partial seeders and leechers should be enough to hide in, but considering TL is not good at catching cheaters in my personal opinion, I would choose torrents casually, but you decide for yourself. also waffles method if necessary)
    or simply download some new swarm torrents and fake the upload speeds on them, considering you still have buffer. but make sure the ratio is always greater than 0.4, or there's 6 days to improve.

To TL, the cheating tool is like an ordinary desktop torrent client, so the way you make uT/qB and seedbox work together, is the way how do you make the cheating tool and seedbox work together. For the rules of the former, refer to TL's wiki page.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss11
    There is nothing special about returning to even:

Find the torrents you have snatched in snatchlist, load them 100% in mR/RMP, and fake the upload speeds on them (in theory torrents should be not partial seeders and leechers should be enough to hide in, but considering TL is not good at catching cheaters in my personal opinion, I would choose torrents casually, but you decide for yourself. also waffles method if necessary)
    or simply download some new swarm torrents and fake the upload speeds on them, considering you still have buffer. but make sure the ratio is always greater than 0.4, or there's 6 days to improve.

To TL, the cheating tool is like an ordinary desktop torrent client, so the way you make uT/qB and seedbox work together, is the way how do you make the cheating tool and seedbox work together. For the rules of the former, refer to TL's wiki page.
    you are right, I just sometimes dont like being limited to 2-3 download slots, so I wanted to get above I think .8 it is, but because I have been there so long, that is a few TB of upload with no download just to even get there.

the seedbox only has deluge, rtorrent, and transmission options, and it doesnt seem tools are made to emulate those from what im reading, correct?

:Edit: just started looking into ratiomaster and there are client files for some of these! I have a lot more reading to do before asking simple questions.

:Edit2: but now i see they are for older versions, and I am using the web client on the seedbox, so the memory reader wouldnt work. I think i need to give up on using the seedbox with the programs. because my account has a "has seedbox" flag can i get away with higher speeds if im not using the seedbox and i am on my local computer, or because I gave them the seedbox info this wouldnt work. But I am reading on my seedbox's website I can use openvpn and download these config files and my IP will change to the one of the server i am currently using... so this seems like I answered my own question and that would be the way to do it?
    Last edited by Blankshot7655; 08.04.19 at 12:36. Reason: i need to search
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    But I am reading on my seedbox's website I can use openvpn and download these config files and my IP will change to the one of the server i am currently using... so this seems like I answered my own question and that would be the way to do it?
    if i want to use higher speeds and "emulate" my seedbox, currently i just connected through openVPN so my IP shows as if it were the seedbox
    I also have openVPN setup and can just connect and then my ip shows as if it is the seedbox.
    We need to have this conversation on a single thread
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2
    guys its very easy to cheat on torrentleech there is no need to do anything special they have no means to catch cheaters I have been cheating there for almost 4 years with just ratio master 1.9.1 and I always use upload speed that is 4x of my real upload speed and its all good
    Thanks

9. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (18.05.19)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by Karat92 View Post
    they have no means to catch cheaters
    Then how come people have gotten banned for cheating
    Thanks

11. Who Said Thanks:

hellodark69 (12.06.20) , Gooner93 (06.07.19) , alpacino (19.05.19)

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 6/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss2
    probably because they used too high speeds or made some other mistake
    I never put the speed or the upload size as a round number always make sure it looks authentic
    Thanks

P2P Client
    qbittorrent; RM+
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss793
    I jumped on a new torrent (about 4 GB) as 100 % done with RMP 2.1 with MemoryReader.
    The movie had got many seeders/leechers and by mistake I gained a ratio about 5.x.
    I didn´t go above my real internet connection.
    Its a few days ago and my account is still active.
    Last edited by coolio256; 17.07.19 at 01:17.
    Thanks

Ive been using my own tool called JRatioBoost. that works fine on this tracker. If any ones interested you can grab it from here. I recently updated the GUI.

https://github.com/flightcrank/JRatioBoost

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8G9l9Ra.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	20166
    Thanks

15. Who Said Thanks:

JohnareyouOK (08.08.19)

P2P Client
    Deluge, Qbittorrent, uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss37
    I read a few (~10 pages) of this thread. And I noticed that someone said that it is essential to use Memory Reader for TL, otherwise, there is huge possibility of getting banned.

But other than uTorrent, mRatio's Memory reader wont work, and anon told me that qBittorrent doesnt really need that and

"the bad news is that mRatio's memory reader only works on uTorrent. The good news is that as of version 4.0.4, qBittorrent doesn't need it in the first place. Just make sure both programs are configured to use the same port, and start qBittorrent first so that it can actually bind to it."
    So is it true for TL also? If I use mRatio and qBittorrent 4.2.5, will I be safe or is it better to use uTorrent with Memory Reader?
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39386
    Quote Originally Posted by hellodark69 View Post
    So is it true for TL also?
    Yes. Whether the memory reader is necessary or not depends on the emulation you use, not the tracker.

Those people who got banned were using a client with a global peer_id and/or key, picked the corresponding emulation, did not do memory reading, and then got caught when the tracker detected mismatched or unusual identification values (possibly in combination with other careless behavior like high speeds, cheating on inactive torrents, and so on).
    Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

hellodark69 (12.06.20)

P2P Client
    Deluge, Qbittorrent, uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 5/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss37
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Yes. Whether the memory reader is necessary or not depends on the emulation you use, not the tracker.

Those people who got banned were using a client with a global peer_id and/or key, picked the corresponding emulation, did not do memory reading, and then got caught when the tracker detected mismatched or unusual identification values (possibly in combination with other careless behavior like high speeds, cheating on inactive torrents, and so on).
    global peer_id means that the ids are same for all the torrents right? Like uTorrent?

So if I just use qBittorrent and mRatio and keep low speeds, that should be good enough I guess. Also, I have a question, if I use low enough speeds (300kB/s), then can I let the torrent announce itself without changing the speed?

I'm asking because I saw that waffles method relied on comparatively higher speeds and the catch was we had to change speeds to 0 kB/s ~2mins before announce.
    Last edited by hellodark69; 09.06.20 at 18:15.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 164 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast