VEM-P
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss714

Mtu mss rwin

Hallo Leute!

BITTE ALLE AUFMERKSAM LESEN!!!

Ich möchte euch mal was zu MTU und MSS erklären!!

Vorweg aber erstmal eine Empfehlung meinerseits mit welchem Tool ihr das ganze einstellen sollt. Habe viele solcher Tools getestet, aber das ist eindeutig das beste! Und man muss nicht einmal was installieren! Einfach die Exe ausführen!

Hier der Download Link:

http://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe

Im Zusammenhang mit MTU fällt häufig die Bezeichnung MSS. Beide dürfen auf gar keinen Fall verwechselt werden. Sie stehen in direktem Zusammenhang.
    MTU gibt die Größe des kompletten TCP/IP-Paketes an. MSS gibt nur den Platz für die Nutzdaten im TCP/IP-Paket an.
    Üblicherweise ist der IP-Header und TCP-Header jeweils 20 Byte groß, wenn das Header-Feld Options nicht genutzt werd.

So...was bedeutet nun das? Also jedenfalls darf die MSS nicht gleich groß der MTU eingestellt werden! Denn man braucht im Paket auch noch Platz für den Header. Also 40 Bytes kleinere MSS als MTU ist in der Regel genau richtig!!!

Wie groß die MTU sein soll, könnt ihr mit dem obengenannten Tool ermitteln. Bei DSL (PPPoE) ist das meistens zwisch 1480 und 1492. Je nach Provider. Dann also noch 40 abziehen und du hast den MSS-Wert!

Dann gibts da noch RWIN (Receive Window)
    Hierbei ist wichtig das RWIN ein vielfaches von MSS ist (also RWIN geteilt durch MSS sollte eine ganze Zahl ergeben)

Ein Rechner für RWIN liegt auch dem obengenannten Tool bei!

Hoffe ich konnte für etwas mehr Klarheit sorgen.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

kazuya (28.08.08) , Aurion (28.08.08) , hitman (27.08.08) , Rebound (27.08.08) , anon (27.08.08) , shoulder (27.08.08)

Activity Longevity
    11/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39370
    @system28: TCP Optimizer is a good, free, well-known tool to tweak your connection.

But regarding the Receive Window's size, the max value I recommend you set it to is 32767 (32KB). Mr. Cohen himself has stated that higher values can cripple BitTorrent speeds:

"I've most often seen [poor performance] with people running on Windows who 'tweak' their TCP send and receive buffers to be very large in search of higher bandwidth. Buffered data is obsolete data and causes serious problems in the responsiveness of the protocol to changes in the peer state. Since data and requests share the same TCP socket, buffering lots of data means that your request for a block may have to wait 10's of seconds before it even gets transmitted, by which time the peer you are talking to may have decided that you aren't interested in his data after all, or your own client may decide that the peer you are talking to is snubbing you. Either of these is disastrous to download rates."

* taken from the BitTorrent developer mailing list
    I have tested this myself using the Ubuntu torrent, first with a 262144b RWIN size, and then with a 32767b one, back when my ISP didn't throttle P2P speeds. I noticed slightly faster speeds (some extra 10-20 kB/s) when using the 32KB one...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

hitman (27.08.08)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1191
    I tryed this tool before but don't no how to set it up.And is it working on vista?
    If it's working can somewone post settings for:

OS vista
    2PC's wired over a router DlinkDIR 655 - modem - internet
    2048/256 kbit/s
    Adsl pppoe connection
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread