+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BCG - Fake Page coming ... Keys needed

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    New announcement
    For the members that have done this already we thank-you so much.

As of today 14000 members still have failed to generate their keyword. If you are one of these members that has not do so yet then we ask you again to take 30 sec. to generate your keyword.

If you are having an issue generating the keyword then TidusBlade was kind enough to create an easy to follow guide which can be found here:

Board Message

We are giving everyone till Sunday September the 28th to take the above action, if you choose not to do so your account will be DELETED with no chance of getting it back.

If you have any question you can come to IRC and join #help or post a message in the staff box.

Thanks
    They really care about their members.
    Too much in my opinion, those who weren't able to generate their keyword till now also won't do it even if there'll 100 more new announcements.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

hitman (25.09.08) , anon (25.09.08)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Quote Originally Posted by shoulder View Post
    Too much in my opinion, those who weren't able to generate their keyword till now also won't do it even if there'll 100 more new announcements.
    You're right with that, this should be the last warning for good... it's too bad for the people that are busy with real life and can't check the tracker and generate their keyword, but else everyone that isn't will think there'll be another chance to do that, and so on...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    The fake page is now online and working.

It needs a few seconds till the login form appears, so please be patient.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

5. Who Said Thanks:

Aurion (30.09.08) , anon (29.09.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    it's nice to see that page ready for use,that means I still need to get in first LOL
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    They could have cared a little bit more IMO and write some fake text for the "latest news", "projects", etc. like Uk-T did... but it's OK this way, if you put yourself in the position of someone not knowing BCG.net it a BT tracker, you wouldn't get the slightest idea of such by looking at the fake page's contents. You'd think it's a corporate page under construction, at most.

Lorem ipsum is a classic.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    lol,still it's relative to the in door announcements made inside the news page in the traker home page...so it doesn't make a difference that way tho...it's good that they got that project DONE so far...hopefully for more secured moves
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss244
    I don't think a tracker with 50.000 members will benefit greatly on the security with a fake login-page. What's the use ... keeping the authorities out by creating a fake home-page!!!

I lol at that kind of safety measures ... it doesn't make any difference at all when you opened your signups a month ago and let 20.000 new members in ... the people that wanted to get in are in there now, and probably already had an account before that!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39447
    Well, yes, BCG is already quite well-known, but the fake page still adds a little bit of extra security.
    And maybe their admins think that if people that are invited to the tracker can recognize a fake login page and get through it to log in, maybe they're more "worthy" of being in the tracker than less experienced people who can't, who knows...
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123