+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCG - Fake Page coming ... Keys needed

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827

BCG - Fake Page coming ... Keys needed

Quote Originally Posted by *** (BCG SysOp)
    A link will appear shortly in your userdetails page, its bright red and you cant miss it. Clicking on this will bring you to an up-to-date (ish) user agreement (its mostly the same agreement as before but with added triple boston-arm-lock move (ok just the confidentiality bit at the top). It basically means, you allow us to keep records of you on our files (usernames, ips etc ) for use with account history, bans etc.

Agreeing to this will also generate a new 'key-word', for use with the fake index page the site will display to non members (as opposed to the blackcats logo etc.)

once in place, if you are logged out you will see this page. there is a search box on the page which you need to enter your key-word (you will need to type it in, not cut and paste). You do not need to hit submit or press enter. If the keyword is valid, it will generate the usual username/password feilds for logging in at the very bottom of the screen (yes java will have to be enabled for BC). enter your username and password as normal and you will then enter the site proper.

Generated key words are just snippets of words generated from a dictionary and are completely random. Some of them are readable (therefore easy to remember), others are not. key words cannot be re-generated.

They are also specific to your account so someone else cannot use your word to gain access to their account. So do not give out your keyword to anyone, even though its useless without the username and pass associated with it. Only you can see your own key-word, so staff will not be able to help you remember it. staff cannot reset the key-word either, its just like another password basically.

If you need to recover your password for some reason (or your keyword), type 'recover' in the search box. This will bring up the usual email text box (again at the foot of the page). enter the email address of the account you wish to recover and submit as normal.

The referal system is in place and will also make use of the fake index pages searchbox. Full details of this will be posted in good time.

This link will be visible for about a week so make sure you generate your key word and make a note of it. after the link has gone;

If you took no action or didnt visit the page, your account will be deleted.

If you selected 'I DISAGREE', your account will be deleted.

If you select ' I AGREE', its all gravy.
    So, you have about 1 week to generate your keyword.
    Don't miss it or your account will be deleted.

Bad for members with parked account which can't access them within the time, they get deleted too.
    Last edited by shoulder; 23.08.08 at 01:51. Reason: source censored

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

fromas (26.08.08) , vDD+wR (24.08.08) , kazuya (23.08.08) , anon (23.08.08) , 0ldboy (23.08.08) , Aurion (23.08.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    LOL don't know why more & more Trackers keep implementing deeply sophisticated security counter measure just to make it more complicated for any new members who might had a chance with an invite !! damn,also PP (peer portal) is implementing a fake home page just to keep buggers away shame that my 3 accounts got banned,was a decent tracker tho
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    Well, BCG hasn't invites.

But they're going to use a referral system soon, that's also a reason for this change.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    damn,didn't know that BCG doesn't have invites !! then that way they will never accept any new members soon !! I mean remember when that tweak worked (the one I posted about getting into some High Level Trackers) on BCG,they banned all the new registered users within a weak or so after they got in
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    Sure there will be new members soon.

The referral system is some kind of invite but not in the usual way.

Thanks

7. Who Said Thanks:

Aurion (23.08.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Well,this is good news then,hope to get back in there

Shoulder you should Hook me up once again
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    Yeah, i can help then.

If I ever understand how this will work, the first explanation sounded very complicated.

Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    yeah the Idea itself to have a fake page is more secure but sux for new users who just want to have a look @ the site's home page !! Anyway,its getting way complicated then before so lets hope for a better change by then
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss244
    What's complicated about it ... when going to the home-page you get a fake page and you have to fill in a 'keyword'. Only when typing the right keyword you will be able to login

@ Reppy: Don't really see the need for non-members to see how the home-page of a private-tracker looks? I never based my decision to join a tracker on their home-page

And PP has had a fake login page for quite a while ... nothing new there.
    Banned 3 times ... you need to work on your cheating skills than Reppy ... it ain't that difficult to cheat at PP, but they don't have many users so you have to a bit more carefull than let's say at TL
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    I meant the upcoming referral system looks complicated.

I read the explanations once and didn't understand them.
    But I wasn't really concentrated maybe that's the reason.

Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyVer View Post
    @ Reppy: Don't really see the need for non-members to see how the home-page of a private-tracker looks? I never based my decision to join a tracker on their home-page

And PP has had a fake login page for quite a while ... nothing new there.
    Banned 3 times ... you need to work on your cheating skills than Reppy ... it ain't that difficult to cheat at PP, but they don't have many users so you have to a bit more carefull than let's say at TL
    LOL I didn't mean that I make my decision up on Trackers home pages,its just that its a good promotion if you have a decent Home Page for ur tracker (take a look @ PtN's Banner for example,so damn sexy for me & so is ScL),anyway with that new fake page users will ONLY dream of getting to see how BCG's home page looks like

Btw,I don't need to shape up my cheating experience anymore than that,never got banned @ any Tracker EVER !! not coz of cheating at least (inactivity & else)
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Thanks for the heads-up sh
    *generates keyword *

And it is true that while a fake frontpage won't be a problem for already registered members, it probably adds a small layer of security for the tracker itself. And people who get an invite will probably see the "real" signup page from the first time, so everyone benefits
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    As far as I know the people which are invited also get the fake page.
    Then they have to enter a certain word which will redirect them to the signup page.

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Well, they don't in this case, then... ^^
    And how do they know the keyword? Is it in the "you have received an invite to xxxxx" e-mail?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    I don't know how this will work exactly.

The referral system will most likely released with the fake page, and I think further information will be given.

Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

anon (23.08.08)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast