Thread: Fallout 3

P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1391

Fallout 3

Perhaps the biggest surprise for me was the fact that when I got to Bethesda on Thursday, for my last appointment of E3, I got to play around a half-hour of Fallout 3. There were a few restrictions on what we could or could not write about, but I jumped right into it to the point of forgetting to write anything down.

The demo started off by walking out of Vault 101. The unnatural - to you - light blinds you for a second and there I am, looking over a scenic overpass. Getting my bears, I walked around a bit until I got jumped by a vicious dog.

My first taste of Fallout 3 combat.

Backpedaling, I popped off a few rounds at the dog, finally took him down. As I walked on towards a small town that I spied, I was jumped by another dog. This time, I held down one button and pulled up VATS - the "action point" system of Fallout 3. It showed me what my percentage chances of hitting the dog in various places would be, and a few shots later, down went the dog.

Off to the city.

Walking through the city, having talked to its sheriff after being waved in by the robotic guard, I kept my radio tuned to some music until I found a small shop. There the lady gave me a job - going to retrieve some landmines and bring them back to her. Not having much of another job, I decided to take it.
    Fallout 3
    Last edited by zatoicchi; 24.07.08 at 06:24.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

hitman (24.07.08)

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    to be honest didnt hear about that game before,but according to that pic,I guess character details are awesome (for sure if being run using Nvidia 9 series) if gfx are set to max !!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    "It showed me what my percentage chances of hitting the dog in various places would be, and a few shots later, down went the dog."

it will make you think before you shoot hehe :)
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    "It showed me what my percentage chances of hitting the dog in various places would be, and a few shots later, down went the dog."

it will make you think before you shoot hehe :)
    LOL that would be too boring tho,you just need some grinding action for a game to be way awesome,just lots of war to fight through
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    maybe after completing the game for the 1st time, a "trigger happy" game mode is enabled or it may as well be added my user-made Mods
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    yeah lots of games recently adds some extra bonus packs for players once completed the maina frame !! for example @ Lost Planet (damn,I got addicted to that game ) u got a mode called "unlimited mode" once finished the game so I guess its a nice compensation for players after got squeezed @ the action scene
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Quote Originally Posted by Reppy View Post
    guess its a nice compensation for players after got squeezed @ the action scene
    like nightmare mode in doom 3, but in this case you have less health and hit for less damage BUT monsters have 4x health and hit 3x harder... a real challenge
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    like nightmare mode in doom 3, but in this case you have less health and hit for less damage BUT monsters have 4x health and hit 3x harder... a real challenge
    yeah but remember Doom 3 ?? it was kinda way hard game Ive ever played man,I even found a PDA hidden behind a wall @ last stand level (where you are on a circled mountain fighting that huge monster) which says "Thanks for playing Doom 3 & we appreciate you liked the game,njoyed the very hard work we put in it"
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39451
    Quote Originally Posted by Reppy View Post
    I even found a PDA hidden behind a wall @ last stand level ... which says "Thanks for playing Doom 3 & we appreciate you liked the game,njoyed the very hard work we put in it"
    iD Software's PDA! Knew about it, very hard to find, so well done
    You also get a nice message if you spend a lot of time in the "super turbo turkey puncher" game @ the cafeteria (before the game really begins, just a while after you start) Best way to achieve this fast is with an autoclicker
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread