Thread: Sony pulls PS3 update after some gamers report bricked systems

P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1391

Sony pulls PS3 update after some gamers report bricked systems

Just hours after making it publicly available, Sony has pulled the PlayStation 3's latest firmware download (v2.40) due to reports of inoperable consoles after the update process.

SCEA's director of Corporate Communication and Social Media, Patrick Seybold, played down the problem, saying that incoming calls regarding failures have been of a low volume, and the removal is only temporary.

If incidents are in any way reflected by the voluminous message board chatter on the subject, it has only affected a fraction of users. Of the hundreds of posts reporting v2.40 update status for Playstation.blog readers, only several dozen posted system failures, and conditions surrounding those were somewhat inconsistent.
    BetaNews | Sony pulls PS3

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

anon (08.07.08)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    i can imagine the faces of ps3 owners after the update killed their consoles, having that nearly happened to me with both my pc bios and mobile phone firmware
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    I guess many PS3 users were waiting for such update to get borned & even Sony itself since last financial reports published about their major losses in last year's sales !! but do u think they must provide something decent atm ? I mean they should compensate theirs customers or otherwise expect more losses
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread