Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: regarding PTN

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Well, since PTN has been back online for quite some time now....just wondering if you guys think the selection of movies is really as good as it was since before the time it went down??

I dunno what to think. Personnally, I think its changed just somewhat. Being of lesser quality material. IDK....thats just what I think, thats all

Thats only being said in consideration of some of the stuff that I see on KG.

YOu see. When I first joined PTN, I thought that it was 'OK', then as I went there a little more often, I noticed that it was actually pretty good. It seemed to have some films there that I really didn't expect to be elsewhere.

But, now I just get the vibe that its changed. Thats just my opinion.

Just trying to make conversation. Thats all.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Faze Mod 0.2 Private
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 20/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1391
    well have to just give them time to recuperate..and see what the future holds for them..they are still new..there contents are the same as everyone else..but i do like there no ratio system though.

regards

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss244
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Just trying to make conversation. Thats all.
    Spam ?

No seriously ... I believe what you say is true, but remember ... before the downtime there were 1800+ torrents, as we speak there are just 1150+.

That's what happens when there is such a long downtime. People that are motivated to upload see their work has been for nothing. Do you know how much time it costs to upload, let's say 50 torrents to a tracker. You have to make the '.torrent'-files, select what category it should be in, make a description, add the NFO only to notice afterwards there are hardly people thanking you for the upload, noticing people up at redicoulously slow speeds, etc ...

The system at PTN sucks big time. In essence it is maybe good but most people just try to get as much Gold as possible and hardly seed (like 0.5 kb/s), because they can earn a lot more GB's just appearing on the seeders list than to actually seed at high speeds.

But you also remember there are only about 1400 members (yet). That is not much at all compared with some other trackers that have far more members.

One example: tehconnection, they have about 12000 members and only 1400 torrents

Anyway ... PTN has potential but it hasn't been up long enough to see where it actually goes to.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyVer View Post
    Spam ?
    No. I wouldn't spam my own thread that I authored....well, I could if I wanted to, but not at the moment.

Anyways, ... I do agree about their no-ration system being a positive thing. I do like that a lot too.
    and yes... I am aware of how much time it takes to upload. Well...it doesn't take that much time.
    While uT creates your new torrent, you can fill in the blanks on the upload form.

something else that I do see eye2eye with you on is the fact that very few pple with say 'thank you' for the upload. ...kind of rude isn't it???

And about the gold. Honestly. I could care less for that. Really.
    I'd just as soon as sell it IRL. HAHAHAHA. Man, we could all be fairly rich if we could do that, yes??

I do agree with you CindyVer about PTN having potential based on the fact that when one visits some of these torrent invite forums, lots of pple, or at least, some, are asking for a PTN invite. So yes.... I do agree with you about it haveing potential.

Maybe it will.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss117
    PTN has a lot of potential but the problem is most seeders with seedboxes are too busy using it to chase FTN/Sct packs. There is no real loyalty to PTN as there is to FTN/ScT when it comes to uploading and "seeding till you bleed".
    Thanks

P2P Client
    SB Invention !!
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2899
    @SeaLion: u know the need & desire for rare trackers always chase collectors even in their dreams so its a matter of taste tho,just dont get into a tracker if u know u cant keep up (IMO)
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    Quote Originally Posted by Reppy View Post
    @SeaLion: u know the need & desire for rare trackers always chase collectors even in their dreams so its a matter of taste tho,just dont get into a tracker if u know u cant keep up (IMO)
    Ah, yes. I totally agree with you on this. Completely Reppy.

An invite to SCT I was offered and declined. I don't have a seedbox,.... can't afford one either. So to 'hell with it', I thought.

besides, you see.... For me, I am not greatly concerned for 'scene material'. I 'd just as soon as download 'regular' stuff that one can find on TD or wherever, You know what I mean??
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Faze and Shu
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss259
    agree with you.. I dont download files as soon as they are out. i will download them the next day. i will wait and see the comment first about the quality
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss244
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Ah, yes. I totally agree with you on this. Completely Reppy.

An invite to SCT I was offered and declined. I don't have a seedbox,.... can't afford one either. So to 'hell with it', I thought.

besides, you see.... For me, I am not greatly concerned for 'scene material'. I 'd just as soon as download 'regular' stuff that one can find on TD or wherever, You know what I mean??
    Hmmm ... you declined ScT ... don't you know they have freeleech on their packs. And they have a lot of awsome packs. Furthermore, why would you want to have a seedbox if you have all the mods on this site???

As I said before ... you can fake up to 2MB/S upspeed on the new sct-packs without any problems.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Hmmm ... you declined ScT ... don't you know they have freeleech on their packs. And they have a lot of awsome packs. Furthermore, ... you have all the mods on this site...

... you can fake up to 2MB/S upspeed on the new sct-packs without any problems.
    Maybe he didn't think he'd be able to keep it up despite that. Or plain wasn't interested in ScT's content, as he downloads "normal" stuff.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

I respect you for your determination, SealLion. Many people would just have taken it because of its rarity. It requires a wise and determined man to decline an offer like that

btw. I also once declined a Uk-T account
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss244
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Maybe he didn't think he'd be able to keep it up despite that. Or plain wasn't interested in ScT's content, as he downloads "normal" stuff.
    Hmmm ...define "normal"?

Quote Originally Posted by Manas View Post
    btw. I also once declined a Uk-T account
    If it would have been an account you'd already have to be with the same ISP as the one owning the account before you. They ban every, not seriously motivated IP-change. If it was an invite (handed out by the staff) I think you are a brave man and I don't believe many would do the same.

Honestly, I would've taken it. But the main raison I wanted to get into these higher level trackers is because they are a whole lot safer to use than semi-private trackers like Revtt and TL and the likes.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39439
    Hmmm ...define "normal"?
    A scene release of an app has a file_id.diz, NFO, and the application and crack themselves are RARed up in solid volumes (if the program is of a certain size).
    A "normal" release has the install program uncompressed, the crack in a "crack here" folder and (sometimes) a readme.txt.

A scene release of a movie has the movie itself RARed up in solid volumes of exactly the same size (except for the last one of course), an NFO, and (sometimes) screens of the movie and a sample to see the quality.
    A "normal" release is plain an (unarchived) AVI file, and with a lot of luck, its subtitles (if needed).

But being a bit less "tidy" and organized than the scene ones doesn't make "normal" releases any bad. Just my opinion
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss244
    Scene releases or not ... I don't really care if it's rarred or not.

Most just use it because they can 'race' it faster. BMTV, TvT.ro aren't using them scene-releases either and they are doing fine also.

It's an endless discussion on a lot of trackers with people in favour and the ones against it.
    Thanks

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079
    HEllo everyone:

Here's the reasoning behind my refusal to accept an SCT invitation,

A whole bunch of these private torrent sites are not cut out to be all they say they are.
    From my own personal experience, they are not so 'big'. There's a tonne of torrent sites, that may be of lesser 'value', that I have found {as per my own experience}, are much better than some of these other bigger, more higher level sites.

Take for example TT: Lots of pple want TT.

I had an account there before. There's a tonne of trance related trackers that are as equal if not better than TT. Like Tribal Mixes.com, Satclubbing.info and some others. Satclubbing has got scene related trance music on it...thats good. TribalMixes has got lots of DJ related stuff.

Here's another example: What and Waffles

they are higher level sites and thats all good and beautiful...all the power to them, ok

Now take other sites like Stmusic, libble, and IndieTorrents...In my own personal opinion, those sites are waaaay under-rated. They have great stuff.

There is material that is on one site, that you wouldn't find on 'What.CD. Did you know that???

I am willing to bet that there is stuff on some of these sites that you wouldn't ever find on TT or some of these other higher level sites...vise versa too of course, But who cares????

Sure, I do have some accounts at unique sites like KG and CO and others..thats ok. Cuz there is interesting stuff there that you wouldn't find elsewhere.
    But with SCT.....I don't care for general 'scene' related stuff. From what I understand, SCT is just a tracker that has got general stuff...like TD has, just newer.

All that scene stuff does trickle down to other places, you know.

Is it really that important for me to have the most shiny, brand-new software or movie or whatever...not really. I don't care for the scene related stuff.

Remember...each to his own, yes???

Amright??

One other thing: The guy who offered me the SCT invite is a non-cheater....he's my friend, but I don't want to cheat on a site that he's invited me to.......

....what would happen if I made some stupid mistake and got caught cheating??....

How would he react???

Do you finally see the reasonings behind my choices, Cindy??

i
    Last edited by SealLion; 08.08.08 at 01:15.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast