+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NZBGrabit shutting down on April 9th

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39443

NZBGrabit shutting down on April 9th

Not a member (and apparently they've never been mentioned in this forum before), but I just caught wind of this.

Dear Members of our Community,

It is with a very heavy heart that i am forced to write this message to all members regarding our community.

As you are aware, we have always tried to be one step ahead of possible restrictions imposed or implied by server host's, DMCA and FACT trying to close us down.

For a few years now we have relied upon being firstly offshore (the old .SX site) and more recently by being russian based.

Unfortunately, the sanctions imposed globally because of the Ukraine conflict now means we fall foul of global sanctions against russian businesses.

Our server host has informed us that at the end of our current period that they will be withdrawing all services and be terminating our hosting on the 9th April 2024 due to EU sanctions. This decision was not easy for us, as we have always strived to serve our community to the best of our abilities. However, due to the reasons above, we can no longer continue our business operations.

We are fully aware this news will be as devastating to you as it is to us. we have all built and enjoyed our community as a safe space proving us with reliable information and knowledge to explore the Usenet.

Due to the size and format of our site, we do not have a host for the Community.

We have a plan to continue forward but as the community only without the NZBs due to hosting issues and wanting to keep the community together.

We wanted to take this opportunity to express our sincerest gratitude for your continued support throughout the 12 years we have been around for. Your loyalty and trust have been invaluable to us, and we are truly grateful for the relationships we have built within our community.

Transparency has always been one of our core values, and we wanted to ensure that you were informed about this decision as soon as possible. We believe in being open and honest with our valued members, and it is important to us that you understand the circumstances leading to this unfortunate outcome.

Once again, we would like to express our deepest gratitude for your support, and we hope that our paths may cross again in the future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for being a part of our community.

Donations received were always used to pay for all the site resources and only that and are non-refundable which was explained when donating. We will be continuing to give you all the latest content until this day comes, and we will also open the supporter up so you can also access the XXX content. Thank you again for the support that kept us around and the best for this long.

The request rules will also be relaxed, and you will now be able to ask for Box Sets and 5 more requests per month so go and use them to get the stuff you wanted before we can no longer provide it.

This thread will be left open for you all to discuss and say your goodbyes or swap contact information so you can all keep in touch.

The Facebook page and the Twitter pages will be kept live as long as possible.

We look forward to ideas and input from any and all members.

We thank every one of you as without your help, input and support we could not have survived this long.

Sincerely,
    The NZBGrabit Team.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Mag1sk (22.03.24) , alpacino (22.03.24) , cloud99 (19.03.24)

There should be an honor code about "if you are closing, dump the nzbs into a compressed nzb".
    I hope they do something like that
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

alpacino (23.03.24)

Activity Longevity
    8/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    5/5 ssss39443
    Same - otherwise, so much content gets lost, and while the files are still technically available, they're useless without a way to match filenames to releases and the corresponding archive passwords.

Unfortunately, indexers don't just keep all NZBs inside a directory in the server that can be easily packed and shared (that's horrible for performance), so any backup/export capabilities would need to either be there from day one or get implemented during these final days... not to mention it's entirely up to staff if they want to do such a thing to begin with.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

I have no idea on how they work, but if it was indexed, maybe they could just sort of scrape themselves?
    Or ask for users to do this.
    But maybe I'm being naive due to lack of knowledge.
    Last edited by sbestran; 24.03.24 at 04:11.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread